Take in the natural beauty of the Coastal Carolina maritime forests and salt marshes or cruise the Market Common District in style. Whether you are a nature lover, shopaholic, or beach connoisseur, we can help create a Segway experience to suit your interests.
For those who are interested in their own private Segway event, we offer:
- Private guided tours
- Self-guided tours of the Market Common District
- Segway rentals ranging from hourly to weekends
- Golf course rentals - The eco-friendly way to golf!
If you are interested in a private Segway experience, please click on the "Contact SegsByTheSea" link at the left to discuss.
- How can I book a private tour?
- Segs By The Sea offers Segway rentals for private tours and events. We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please click on the "Contact SegsByTheSea" link and be sure to indicate your interest is for our Myrtle Beach location.
- What are the age and weight restrictions to ride a Segway?
- Although riding a Segway is relatively easy, corporate policy requires that all riders be at least 14 years of age (an adult or guardian must accompany children under 18). Also, riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance. Our Segway models are not appropriate for those weighing under 80 pounds or over 260 pounds.
- Is the tour suitable for pregnant women?
- No, pregnant women are not allowed to ride Segways for safety reasons.
- What is a Segway?
- A Segway is the first self-balancing, electric-powered transportation device. With dimensions no larger than the average adult body and the ability to emulate human balance, the Segway uses the same space as a pedestrian, and can go wherever a person can walk.
- Can more than one person ride at a time?
- No. Unfortunately, Segways are single person vehicles.
- How does a Segway work?
- This breakthrough technology, termed "dynamic stabilization," is the essence of the Segway models. Dynamic stabilization enables the Segway to work seamlessly with the body's movements. Gyroscopes and tilt sensors in the unit monitor a rider's center of gravity at about 100 times a second. When the rider leans slightly forward, the Segway moves forward. When the rider leans slightly back, the Segway moves backward.
- How do I learn to ride a Segway?
- All customers are required to take a 15-20 minute hands-on training session to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Riders are trained on Segway operation and emergency stops. All riders are required to wear a safety helmet.
- How safe is a Segway?
- The utmost care and research has gone into ensuring that each Segway model is safe. The Segway's balancing technology is truly revolutionary and provides an exceptional riding experience. Segways have redundant systems and sophisticated alerts built into its design, and many thousands of hours of use have demonstrated that the Segways are safe when used appropriately. It is important that Segway riders understand their responsibility to ride safely. Proper skill level and understanding of the Segway prevents injuries caused by loss of control or misuse.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- Do I have to wear a helmet?
- Yes, our policy is that all participants must wear a helmet. One will be provided to you free of charge.
- What should I wear?
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, as you will be on your feet for the entire time. Generally it is warm and sunny so you'll want to protect your skin and consider wearing a hat or visor and bringing sunscreen. In case of rain, a poncho is useful. Umbrellas are not suitable as you will need both hands to ride the Segway.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Participants under the age of 18 must have an adult or guardian sign the waiver for them. All participants are required to wear helmets during the tour which will be provided by Segs by the Sea at no additional charge.
- All participants must meet age and weight requirements
- All Segway riders must be age 14 or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Each rider must weigh at least 80 pounds and no more than 260 pounds.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate in Segway tours.
Segs By The Sea
Aside from guided tours, Myrtle Beach Segway offers:
- Self-guided tours of the Market Common District
- Segway, bicycle and Trikke rentals
- Personalized events (parties, picnics, graduations, scavenger hunts, corporate functions, etc.)
- Golf course Segway rentals (The eco-friendly way to golf! Myrtle Beach Segway will drop off and pick up the units as well as train golfers how to use a Segway safely on the golf course.)