This is our newest tour, and is designed specifically for those who want to get out and really experience what the Segway can do!
On this 1.5 hour Segway Tour you will:
- Begin with a short orientation and receive personal instruction on your very own X2!
- Head directly into the heart of the bustling West 7th Corridor, one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
- See some of the best dining and shopping destinations in Fort Worth on the way to the Trinity Trails in the park.
- Hit the trails and get a little off-road experience with the scenic Fort Worth skyline as our backdrop.
- Ride in Trinity Park which offers lots of terrain to challenge your new skills and glide next to the Trinity River.
- Visit several great stops on the tour to explore on your own and see what these Texas Sized Segway X2's can really do!
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
|DFlory||Tue, Oct 14 4:00 PM||Male||70+||Local||Couple on a Date|
I did this tour once before with my son, and enjoyed doing it again with my lady. She had a great time too. Everyone that took the tour with us, another younger couple, was surprised at how easy the Segway is to control. Our guide did a great job of keeping track of everyone, and stopped for a few minutes in the middle to give us newbs a little rest. Very good tour. I plan to do many more, with the Arboretum tour next.
Bunch of Fun
|Craig48||Tue, Sep 2 4:00 PM||Male||60-69||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Segway has found a niche in the tourism market. This is the second Segway tour we have taken and it was a lot of fun as well as interesting. The Park provided some welcome shade for this summer afternoon tour and we were thankful for the complimentary water bottles provided. I loved seeing the Trinity River and the Segway is just plain fun to ride.
|mbarnett77||Tue, Nov 19, 13 4:00 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Other|
We had so much fun. We will definitely do it again. Our Tour Guide was amazing, professional, and he always made sure we were ok. I recommend this to anyone who likes to have fun.
|bonna1122||Sat, Oct 26, 13 9:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
Age group from 27 to 58. We were a little concerned for two of us and being able to stay ON but everyone did great and no one fell! Omar was great and very patient with those of us who were unsure. Everyone had a lot of fun, can't wait to do it again.
My son and I loved it.
|sgtflory1170||Tue, Apr 16, 13 10:00 AM||Male||70+||Local||Family With Children|
Excellent experience. Our guide, Omar, was excellent in instruction, and very conscientious about keeping an eye on all of us to make sure no one got in any difficulty. He always made sure we knew where we were going and warned of any possible hazards we might encounter, like curbs and narrow walkways. The Segways are really fun and very easy to learn to ride and are sensitive and easy to control. I will most certainly be coming back with my wife for further Segway fun!!
|zoeyd5585||Sun, Mar 31, 13 4:00 PM||Female||50-59||Unspecified||Couple on a Date|
We took our tour on Easter Sunday, the parks were full with families enjoying the day out. Needless to say the park was blocked at entrance, so we took an alternative route. Our guides took us on other trails, that allowed us to challenge our abilities on the segway's. Along the way we entered the park at another location, so we didn't miss anything. We had a couple of falls along the way, our guides immediately attended first aide. Within a few minutes we were up and rolling again. Our guides handle both situations professionally. I highly recommend this tour.
|ftrivett1985||Tue, Feb 26, 13 4:00 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Family Without Children|
This was such an amazing experience! The instructors made you feel comfortable with the Segway and we had no problems using it. They did a good job letting us explore and leading us through the trail. We highly recommend!
Try it! You'll like it!
|barbara2809||Mon, Nov 12, 12 9:00 AM||Female||50-59||Local||Couple on a Date|
We decided to do something new and different and chose a Segway Tour of the Trinity River area. WOW! We loved it. I was a little nervous about using the Segway but our instructor and guide, Omar, was a wonderful teacher. He was very patient with everyone in our tour and I believe that we all really enjoyed the experience.This is a great way to cover a large area that may be otherwise too far to walk. We will return for another tour and hopefully Omar will be our guide. We plan to seek out Segway tours in other cities in the future.
You will love it
|WilliamWrigh||Fri, Oct 5, 12 10:30 AM||Male||40-49||Local||Couple on a Date|
Omar is a great tour guide...me and my girlfriend both had an awesome time
|thunderf4||Fri, Sep 21, 12 6:00 PM||Male||30-39||Local||Couple on a Date|
Makes for a great fun date. Well people always say "go have fun" well this is very fun. Great people and very knowledgable on how to use the Segway's! I highly recommend this to family and friends!
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?
- Purchasing tickets in advance is required, in order to guarantee your spot on the tour. To maximize your chance of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. You can do this online or over the phone using Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What is a Segway?
- A Segway Personal Transporter (PT), or Segway as it is more commonly known is the first self balancing, electric powered, personal transportation device that is designed to go anywhere a person can go but only on two wheels.
- Who can ride a Segway?
- EVERYONE!!! ...Well, everyone except those under the age of 14, pregnant women, and anyone under 100 pounds or over 275 pounds. Sorry for the inconvenience but these constraints are due to both insurance regulations as well as the parameters of the Segway machines themselves.
- I have teenagers in my group, can they come on the tour?
- Children 14 and older are allowed to participate in the tours, but please note all tour guests under the age of 16 are required to have a parent/guardian present throughout the duration of the tour. Participants who are 16 and 17 years old do not need a parent to participate with them on the tour, but must have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- Is it hard to learn how to ride a Segway?
- In our experience, on average most people learn to ride a Segway in about ten minutes, but don't worry if you don't fall into that category. All guests are required to participate in a short training session before the tour and our staff will be with you every step of the way to ensure your mastery of the Segway riding experience. The Segway is designed to use accelerometers, gyros and sensors to make one hundred adjustments a second to keep you upright. So unless you're planning on attempting a double backflip off a ramp you shouldn't have any problems.
- How much time of the tour is actually spent on a Segway?
- The entire experience lasts 1.5 hours. Each tour starts off with a short training session and then guests spend the remainder of the time on the tour, so we'll be on the Segway for most of the time.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- Do I have to wear a helmet?
- Yes, all participants are required to wear a helmet. One will be provided to you free of charge. You are also welcome to buy one that has never been worn during the purchase process.
- What happens in bad weather?
- Excluding extreme weather conditions, tours will run as scheduled -- rain or shine. We provide ponchos on the off-chance of rain, and the X2s are equipped with off-road tires in case of mud or snow. (Extreme weather is weather deemed by the Segway tour leader as hazardous to tour participants or the Segway units).
- How big can my group be?
- We can accommodate groups as large as 10 people on our public tours. However, if you have a larger group, special arrangements can be made if scheduled in advance. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss whether this is possible.
- Will we stop to take photos?
- It's totally up to you. We'd be happy to take pictures of your group on the Segway or you can get off to take your own pictures. We do have a lot of ground to cover, so time to take photos will be limited to make sure we can finish the tour on time.
- Are there restroom breaks on the tour?
- Yes! There are multiple opportunities for restroom breaks along the tour. Please let us know if there is an emergency and we will do out best to accommodate.
- I have family members who only speak Spanish. Are there bilingual tours?
- Yes. We have a full-time Spanish translator on staff. However, keep in mind that non-English speaking guests will still enjoy the experience riding a Segway and the beautiful scenery. Please include a "Message to Seller" when purchasing your tickets to let us know if anyone in your group speaks Spanish.
- What type of shoes should I wear?
- Guests should wear comfortable, flat-soled close-toe shoes. Open-toe shoes and flip flops are not allowed.
- Do Segways have the ability to store bags, purses?
- The Segway has a small pouch in which small personal items and purses will fit. Larger bags and items will need to be stored inside your personal vehicle.
- Is there parking?
- There are free parking spaces available for our tour guests at our meeting location.
- It's a special occasion for someone in our group. Can we do something extra?
- Yes. For those celebrating a special event, we offer chocolate covered strawberries for that special someone. These can be purchased along with your tickets for an additional charge. We also offer a first hand video package, so you'll always have access to first-hand memories of your special experience.
- Do you buy used Segways?
- Yes. We buy all things Segway including Generation 1 or 2 Segways and accessories. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. To purchase one or get more information, please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link.
- Can I arrange for a corporate or business event?
- Yes, private tour or private Segway rentals for business events can be arranged according to your company's needs. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to inquire about setting something up.
- Can I rent a Segway?
- Yes. We have hourly, daily and weekly rentals. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss doing a private rental instead of a tour.
- Are there private tours?
- Yes. Private tours are encouraged, and there is a higher degree of personalization thus enhancing your tour experience. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must meet age, weight and ability requirements
- All Segway riders must be age 14 or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Each rider must weigh at least 100 pounds and no more than 275 pounds. Riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided at no additional charge.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway Fort Worth & Segway Grapevine
Founded in 2011 by Daniel Dase, the Segway Experience Center Fort Worth offers unique tours of the city's most interesting attractions. After completing his History degree at Texas Christian University, Daniel wanted to share his love of the city in a fun and exciting way! Utilizing state-of-the-art Segway Personal Transporters, our team will tell you all about Fort Worth and bring a new vigor to the Cowtown experience.
Segway Experience Center Fort Worth provides the ideal way to tour your favorite cultural and historic districts! Join us for a new view of the cattle drive in the historic Stockyards, a relaxing experience among 23 fragrant gardens in the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, or an off-road authentic segway experience through the West 7th Corridor and Trinity Trails!