As we explore the restaurants,cafes and food shops this tour is a real international feast of 4 continents- a tribute to Astoria's diversity. Tastings will include Middle Eastern Pastry,Gelato(in season), Spanakopita(spinach pie), Colombian sweet bread, olives, feta (at least 2 varieties), Brazilian, Chilean and Asian specialties.
In addtion to the food you will:
- Learn the history of this neighborhood that has been home to Italians, Greeks, Germans, Czechs, Southeast Asians, Middle Easterners, South Americans, Asians among others
- Stand on a Revolutiionary War site
- Learn about the Steinway piano factory and "Company Town"
- Hear about Astoria's role in the film industry-Past and Present
- Walk through NYC's "largest department store"
- Visit a Hookah Cafe
- Learn fun facts about the residents, the neighborhood and more
SusanSez NYC Walkabouts
Susan has a lifelong interest in New York, history (Hunter College BA in History), people (MSW Rutgers), food, art, culture, shopping and having fun. Susan has combined all these interests in her "Walkabouts" to provide an authentic New York Experience.