Whether you are a chocolate aficionado or just want to indulge your sweet tooth,† this tour will delight your taste buds, feed your mind, and satisfy your cravings.
As we wind our way through the streets of NYC you will:
- Learn how to taste, purchase, and store high quality chocolates, as well as how to pair these chocolate with premium wines!
- Find out about the medicinal purpose of chocolate and it's many health benefits!
- Hear the stories and learn the inside scoop of today's NYC chocolate scene.† Learn about innovative chocolatiers who cater to sophisticated tastes and folks with an appreciation for quality ingredients.
- Experience chocolate infusions, liquid chocolate, good old fashioned bonbons, truffles, organic chocolate, and cutting edge chocolates made with spices and herbs.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and can only be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- What will we be tasting?
- There will be at least 6 tastings of chocolate "candies"and there will be drinking chocolate, cookies/brownies and wine.
- How many stops are there on this tour?
- We will be stopping for unique tastings at 8 different locations.
- What if I have dietary restrictions?
- Please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Are children permitted on the tour?
- SusanSez NYC Walkabouts are family-friendly tours and children are welcome. Any child participating in the tastings will require a ticket.
- Are strollers permitted on the tour?
- Yes, however some of the shops are rather small, so strollers may have to be folded up.
- What neighborhoods will we explore?
- We will be walking through the East Village, Nolita, Soho and Tribeca.
- How much walking is involved?
- We will cover about 1.5 miles on foot and we walk at a leisurely pace. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes!
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- Tours go out rain or shine. We are in and out of many shops throughout the tour but we do recommend that you dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
- What is the maximum number of participants?
- There is a maximum of 16 people per tour.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- Many establishments that we will be visiting do not permit dogs, therefore we have a no pet policy.
- Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
- Most of the locations visited on the tour are handicap and wheelchair accessible. Please click "Contact SusanSez" to notify us if you require special accommodations.
- Are gift certificates available?
- To inquire about SusanSez NYC Walkabouts gift certificates please click "Contact SusanSez" and email your request along with your contact information.
- Are customized tours available?
- SusanSez NYC Walkabouts would be happy to arrange a customized itinerary for you or your group.Please click "Contact SusanSez" and email your request along with your contact information.
SusanSez NYC Walkabouts
The tours take you into the neighborhoods that make NYC so special.† You will experience the sights, the sounds, and the tastes of the "real NY."† SusanSez NYC Walkabouts have been featured in Time Out NY,The New York Times, and various publications throughout Ireland, Great Britain, Germany, Spain, and Brazil.