East Side /West Side - Uptown/Downtown SusanSez NYC Knitting Crawl Walkabout will get you to the most unique knitting shops, bead and trimming shops and galleries throughout Manhattan and then some. Visit the shops, meet the owners and perhaps even experience a workshop.
As we stroll through the neighborhoods you will also learn the history and the culture of these unique enclaves. Tours are led by a native New Yorker and avid knitter and will surely be a "real" New York experience. This tour is for knitters and sightseers alike!
As we shop 'til we drop for the lush handpainted luxury yarns as well as the basics, we will visit:
- a knitting shop in the heart of the financial district that won't break the bank
- a knitting cafe
- a shop that is like an impressionist painting
- a fabulous bead shop
- the quintessential NYC trimming shop
- a homey craft shop
- a zenlike studio
- shops that are off the beaten path
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and can only be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- What is the maximum number of participants?
- There is a maximum of 20 people per tour.
- How much walking is involved?
- We walk at a leisurely pace and use public transportation from place to place. Wear comfortable walking shoes. We do not walk more than a mile without resting.
- Where will we eat lunch?
- Lunch will consist of a sandwich and beverage. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- Tours go out rain or shine. We are in and out of many shops throughout the tour but we do recommend that you dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- Many establishments that we will be visiting do not permit dogs, therefore we have a no pet policy.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs are not recommended due to narrow sidewalks and small shops. We may be able to make some special arrangements for customized tours. Please click "Contact SusanSez" and email your request along with your contact information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- To inquire about SusanSez NYC Walkabouts gift certificates please click "Contact SusanSez" to the left of the page and email your request along with your contact information.
- Are children and strollers permitted on the tour?
- SusanSez NYC Walkabouts are family-friendly tours and children are welcome. Some of the shops are rather small, so strollers may have to be folded up.
- Are customized tours available?
- SusanSez NYC Walkabouts would be happy to arrange a customized itinerary for you or your group.Please click "Contact SusanSez" and email your request along with your contact information.
SusanSez NYC Walkabouts
Your walkabout will take you off the beaten path to explore the nooks and crannies throughout Manhattan and the Bronx. Discover the fishing village in the Bronx-City Island, rich in nautical and revolutionary history, or the Bronx' own Little Italy, where you can sample great food at great prices. Meander through the ever-changing Greenwich Village, the winding streets of the original New Amsterdam, the immigrant experience or indulge yourself with a fabulous knitting crawl..
Take one of our regularly scheduled walking tours or let me create an itinerary focused on your own interests.
Have an "authentic" New York experience with an "authentic" New Yorker.