- We begin in the always-evolving Times Square area, then take in three other notable squares (Herald, Madison and Union) along Broadway. They're all historic – and all quite different in character.
- We'll wander along several of the West Village's most interesting side streets, then walk through Soho's trendiest shopping precincts.
- After a look at Little Italy and Tribeca, we'll explore the Financial District, Chinatown, the Lower East Side and the East Village.
- Finally, after checking out two of the city's most awe-inspiring spaces – Grand Central Terminal and the New York Public Library's main branch – we'll finish with a visit to St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center.
Best of all, you'll experience these neighborhoods in a far more vivid and intimate way than any double-decker bus ride could ever offer.
Each participant will receive a detailed list of the most prominent sites visited; printed suggestions on good neighborhood restaurants; and information of other worthwhile New York attractions they might not discover on their own.
What Is Not Included?
- Does the tour take place rain or shine?
- New York certainly doesn’t close down when it rains and neither do we. We’d cancel only in the event of a blizzard serious enough to shut down the subway system.
- Are children welcome?
- Definitely. Since Manhattan's technicolor streets are filled with non-stop action and sound, they won’t be bored. In fact, kids under twelve may come along at no cost.
- Where does the tour end?
- This particular outing winds up in the Rockefeller Center area.
- What should I bring along?
- Comfortable shoes are a must. You’ll surely want to have a camera, too. And if you want to look like a local instead of a tourist, two other items are absolutely essential: a bottle of water and a cell phone to shout into.
- Are tours conducted only in English?
- They are. Yet we’ve found that even those of our guests whose first language is not English enjoy this tour immensely. Besides, they’re meeting other tour participants with similar interests and enthusiasms. That’s a pleasurable bonus.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Definitely! To inquire about setting up such a tour, click on the "Contact SwingStreets" link.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Indeed they are. To inquire about purchasing one, click on the "Contact SwingStreets" link.
- Do you offer discounts for travel agents?
- Sure. You can query Zerve for details.