- Take an in-depth tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous winter home and studio at Taliesin West
- Spend time each day taking photographs of the estate and surrounding Sonoran desert
- Edit and experiment with special effects using a computer
Students in grades 7-12:
Oct. 4-5, Sat. (10am-6pm) and Sun. (10am-4pm) | $200
Students at least 18 years old:
Sept. 13-14, Sat. (10am-6pm) and Sun. (10am-4pm) | $200
Nov. 8-9, Sat. (10am-6pm) and Sun. (10am-4pm) | $200
- Do I have to register in advance?
- Yes, advance registration for a class is required at least 68 hours before the class begins. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone through Zerve using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What is the age limit?
- The age limit varies depending on when the class takes place. Adults ages 18 and over: Sept. 13-14 and Nov. 8-9. Children in grades 9-12: Oct. 4-5.
- Is prior experience needed for this class?
- No, prior experience is not needed for this class.
- Does the class take place indoors or outdoors?
- The class takes place primarily indoors; however, there will be daily instances where students will be outdoors. We advise that students bring a water bottle.
- Is the classroom air-conditioned?
- Yes, students will be working in air-conditioned spaces at Taliesin West.
- Will class still be held in case of bad weather?
- Yes, class takes place rain or shine.
- What should students wear?
- We recommend comfortable clothing and shoes, along with a hat and sunscreen.
- Are materials provided?
- Students are required to bring a fully manual, digital camera along with a corresponding USB chord.
- Is lunch provided?
- Yes, lunch will be provided.
- What is included for lunch?
- The menu for lunch changes daily. We do have a refrigerator on site for those who prefer to bring their own lunches.
- Are there restrooms available?
- Yes, there are restrooms available.
- Are the classrooms at Taliesin West wheelchair accessible?
- Taliesin West is a National Historic Landmark built between 1937 and 1959. As such, it was not designed or built to contemporary accessibility standards. The pathway for tours are not all paved and include gravel walkways, uneven steps and stairs. Narrow, steep-sloped ramps over steps are available for guests to use at their own discretion throughout the tour. Ramps are 26” in width with slopes ranging from 21 to 27 degrees.
- Is the program year round?
- The Introduction to Photography class is offered on certain weekends throughout the year. We also have Photographing Wright camps for children grades 7-12 during the Summer.
- Are students required to sign a liability waiver?
- Yes, all students must fill out a liability form. The form can be downloaded and filled out ahead of time at http://www.franklloydwright.org/images/uploaded/CAMP_LIABILITY_FORM_2014.pdf
- Do you offer member discounts?
- Yes, we offer discounts on the classes for Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation Members. Please note that members must show proof of membership at check-in.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must fill out and sign a liability form.
- You can download and fill out the required liability form beforehand at http://www.franklloydwright.org/images/uploaded/CAMP_LIABILITY_FORM_2014.pdf
Just minutes from downtown Scottsdale, Taliesin West is Frank Lloyd Wright’s desert masterpiece. In 1937, Wright and his apprentices built an architectural wonder out of the stone and sand that surrounded them in the Sonoran desert on the foothills of the McDowell Mountains. Many of those apprentices (“the Fellowship”) who worked and lived alongside Mr. Wright still live at Taliesin West, as do the current students and faculty of the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture -- making Taliesin West an ongoing, vibrant community.
The Taliesin West experience is both immersive and powerful.
Come to Taliesin West and be inspired.