There are 5 fantastic reasons that we feel you should experience our tour:
- Enjoy a memorable tour of Thomasville with entertaining and passionate tour guides.
- Support, meet, and engage with local Thomasville food artisans and restaurant owners.
- Indulge yourself with unique insights, and tasty food samplings, enough for lunch.
- Discover what made Thomasville the winter resort of the wealthy, favorite destination to several presidents and a historical destination that is still vibrant today.
- Share the tour with people who love food and history as you do!
- Shrimp & grits from Jonah's! A real Southern dish...
- Coffee from Grassroots where they roast and grind their own coffee daily
- Greek salad & crab cakes from George & Louie's, the locals' favorite Greek restaurant
- Pizza from Moonspin, a true pizzeria
- Fresh and award-winning cheeses from Sweetgrass Dairy Cheese Shop
- Finish off with a delicious cupcake from Lucy and Leo's, which was featured on FoodNetwork's Cupcake Wars
Food tastings subject to change without notice.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
- How much food is served?
- We will have tastings at 6 locations and most guests consider taking the tour to be their lunch for the day.
- Are there any beverages included?
- No, beverages will not be served, but a bottle of cold water will be provided to you before the tour starts.
- Can children participate in the tour? What type of ticket do I need to purchase for a young child?
- While children are welcome on the tour, please keep in mind that tours are 3 hours long and we walk approximately 1 mile. Some children have a limited attention span, therefore the tour may not be appropriate for them. You know your child best, so please consider whether the tour is appropriate for your child. All children 5 years and older are required to have a ticket. Children 4 years and younger can attend for free if they will not be participating in the food tasting, but please let us know if you’ll be bringing your children when purchasing your tickets.
- How much walking and standing is involved?
- The tour covers approximately 1.5 miles over a 3-hour period on flat (no hills) sidewalks. We do recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes. We walk at a relaxed pace and stop frequently, including spending approximately 15-20 minutes at each of the designated tasting spots.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies? Are there vegetarian options on the tour?
- We can usually accommodate for dietary restrictions and those with food allergies. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions when booking.
- Do we only walk around and sample food?
- This tour not only showcases the delicacies of Thomasville but you will also get the insider scoop on local life! Learn about the history, architecture and culture of Thomasville. We will also highlight local shops and neighborhood hang outs that you can return to after the tour to enjoy at your leisure.
- Are bathrooms available along the tour route?
- Yes, restrooms are available at a few restaurant stops along the way. There is also a bathroom at the starting location, which we suggest visiting before the tour begins. Please note that the restrooms on the tour are not wheelchair accessible, but we may be able to arrange an accessible bathroom stop if necessary.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes! The tour route is wheelchair and stroller accessible. We would appreciate it if you included a message with your purchase to let us know that you'll be using a wheel chair or coming with a stroller.
- Are cameras allowed?
- Yes! There is so much to see during the tour and it would be absolutely worth it to bring a camera.
- Does the tour end at the meeting location?
- The tour ends very close to the starting location. Your tour guide will be more than happy to give directions or point you in the right direction for your next destination.
- Do your tours have anything to offer a local?
- Absolutely! Whether you are looking for a way entertain out-of-town guests, plan a bachelorette party, or just to learn more about Thomasville, this is the tour for you! You’ll be surprised how much you will learn about your own backyard on this tour.
- Is there parking available near the meeting location?
- There are several large parking lots close to the meeting location and street parking is available but limited. Please read all signs when looking for street parking to avoid getting ticketed. Specific parking details will be included in the meeting location directions after purchasing tickets.
- Are gratuities included in the ticket price? Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are not included in the ticket price. While not required, gratuities are accepted and appreciated by the tour guides. (15% is standard for a job well done)
- Can I shop during the tour?
- While we will be point out some local points of interest and shops, we ask that you refrain from shopping during the tour. It is important that we stay on time so our food vendors know what to expect and when to prepare your tastings.
- Are dogs/pets allowed on the tour?
- Since we will be entering various food establishments, and as a courtesy to the other guests on the tour, all pets, with the exception of trained service dogs, are prohibited on the tour.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- No smoking is allowed in the tour group. If you need to smoke during the tour, please separate yourself from the group as to not disturb other guests and catch up with the group when you have finished.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for purchase on our website. If you have any questions about purchasing or redeeming gift certification, please click on the “Contact TasteTville” link on the left side of this page.
- Can I book a private group tour?
- Yes! Private tours for groups up to 20 people are available. Groups will be split up into groups of 10 to stay within the maximum capacity. Wednesdays and Thursdays are premium time book private tours.To inquire about booking a private tour, please click on the “Contact TasteTville” link on the left of this page.
Taste of Thomasville
Taste your way along the brick lined streets for a unique sampling of six one-of-a-kind eateries. As you stroll between the eateries, you will discover what makes Thomasville one of the South's most historically eloquent small towns. Food tastings are all included in the ticket price and are enough for lunch!
Come along for this three-hour journey to find out the best Thomasville has to offer. You'll be sure to discover a whole new world of history, culture, and food along the way!