Do you believe in ghosts and creature of the night? Whether your answer is yes or no, almost everyone enjoys a ghost story or an inexplicable tale of the unusual.
On this 1½ hour, family-friendly walking tour, you will:
- See the site of the Capitol Phantoms
- Hear stories of the Peg-legged ghost
- Sneak a peak of the Yarborough House ghosts
- Visit the Raleigh City Cemetery
- And end the tour at at Moore’s Square, one of Raleigh’s two remaining green spaces/parks established in 1792.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Is the tour suitable for children? What type of ticket should I purchase for a very young child?
- The tour is appropriate for kids of all ages, but please note that this is a 1 ½ hour haunted tour, so you will want to keep your child's attention span in mind. Children ages 8 to 14 will have a reduced-price ticket. Children under 8 can attend free of charge and do not need a ticket.
- Do we go inside any buildings?
- We do not go inside any of the buildings we see on the tour. However, you may be able to return and explore your favorite locations at another time!
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- No, our tour ends at Moore Square, just a couple blocks from the meeting location.
- How far do we walk on the tour? What is the pace?
- We will walk about a mile at a leisurely pace.
- What about inclement weather?
- Tours will run rain or shine. We ask that you check the weather forecast and dress accordingly if inclement weather is predicted. You are welcome to bring your own umbrella if needed.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Bathrooms will not be available during the tour. Please plan to use facilities beforehand.
- Will locals enjoy the tour as well or is it mostly for tourists?
- Absolutely! While you may be familiar with our route and some of the stops, you will also have the opportunity to discover new things about North Carolina's capitol city! Additionally, this tour is an excellent way to entertain out-of-town guests, entertain a youth group or encourage professional team building.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, at the moment we can only offer tours in English, but you are welcome to arrange for an interpreter. Please note that if you are accompanied by an interpreter, they will need a full priced ticket.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks along the way? Can I bring my own?
- While no other food or drinks are included in the ticket price, feel free to eat beforehand or pack light snacks and drinks. Food and drinks will not be available for purchase along the way.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are permitted and we encourage you to take photos!
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are not included in the ticket price. While not required, tips are accepted and always appreciated by the tour guides.
- Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
- Yes, the tour is both wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- There is a parking garage that we suggest very close to the meeting location. Specific parking directions will be included in the meeting location details after purchasing tickets.
- Can we shop during the tour?
- It is important that we stay on schedule, so please refrain from shopping during the tour.
- Are dogs/pets allowed on the tour?
- Yes, dogs and other small pets are allowed on the tour.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- No, smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for purchase and make great gifts for family and friends. If you have any questions about purchasing or redeeming gift certificates, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left side of this page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, a private tour option is available! You pick the date and time for your special occasion or group as we work around your schedule. To inquire about booking a private tour, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Pictures and video may be taken during the tour.
- During the tour, your guide may take pictures and video that we may later use on our website or for marketing or social media purposes. Please let your guide know at the beginning of your tour if you do not wish to be included in any pictures or videos.
Tobacco Road Tours
As the Triangle area’s only full service tour operator, including event & meeting planning, group tours and daily professionally guided motorized and walking tours, Tobacco Road Tours has a commitment to sharing the traditions from North Carolinians before us, which inspires the creation for each of our tours. Whether you are traveling with us through historic Durham or Raleigh, or exploring the area's history on one of our tours, North Carolina’s Piedmont region provides an adventure that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Along with our dedication to sharing what North Carolina’s Piedmont region has to offer, we are committed to our values. Caring for our guests is always our number one priority. We make sure that our tours meet and exceed your expectations by offering quality tours packed with interesting history, fun facts, and an experience you will never forget.
Every tour is an extravaganza, complete with laughter, time honored stories and FUN. Grab a group of friends and join us!