Home to the Capital Phantoms, the Peg-legged ghost, Yarborough Hotel Ghosts, Moore’s Square, and more, listen to the tales that make Raleigh’s creepy past spring to life! Visit 4 ghost and paranormal sites between stops at 4 bars on this 2½ hour haunted pub crawl!
Indulge in a specialty drink-a Raleigh Historical beverage- made especially for TRT guests! Created from over a 240 year old recipe, this delicious Bourbon is soaked in fresh cherries (w/the pits); mulling spices then fermented over four months.
Afterwards, stay a bit longer at Raleigh’s first Irish Pub, dance the night away listening to one of the city’s finest DJs –don’t forget to try some of the food that has made this place a legend!
Whether you’re visiting, or a local looking for a night out on the town, this haunted pub crawl is sure to expose you to a new, exciting side of Raleigh!
What Is Not Included?
- Food and drink are not included, but we encourage you to arrive early and have a bite at our meeting location restaurant. They're known for their delicious food!
- Please note gratuity is not included in the ticket price. While not mandatory, our guides appreciate gratuities or tips where earned.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Fantastic Raleigh Pub Crawl!
|AprilDML2002||Fri, Oct 17 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Really enjoyed the walk around Raleigh's old historic haunted sites narrated by Brad and my mom and I really enjoyed all the pubs we stopped up (both food, drink and fun-wise). Highly recommend this to local and out of state tourists!
Great activity for locals and visitors!
|cookielori||Sat, Oct 11 7:30 PM||Female||40-49||Local||Unspecified|
The tour was informative and entertaining! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to hear the more interesting stories of the formation and history of our great city.
Shawn was great!
|Epoly07||Fri, Oct 10 7:30 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Great tour, would definitely recommend!!
|MrzPottah04||Sat, Oct 4 7:30 PM||Female||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
My husband and I went on the ghost tour pup crawl for date night, we had a good time and learned a lot about our city's past. We really enjoy ghost tours because you get to hear things from history that you wouldn't have known by just living here or taking a history class.
|MarieOL||Fri, Sep 5 7:30 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Local||Unspecified|
This was a fun Friday night tour! I've lived in the Raleigh area for about 3 years, but there was plenty of new info about area and a few new pubs I've never visited before. The tour guide had some fun ghost stories and overall it was a congenial time.
Not worth the money
|Toph1377||Sat, Aug 30 7:30 PM||Male||40-49||Local||Group of Friends|
Not what we thought it would be. You meet at a Mecca which does not have good food or beer and then walk around parts of downtown Raleigh and hear ghost stories with an occasional stop at a bar for 30-45 min. Rather use the money and go to the bar we like and enjoy.
|Dritter3||Sat, Aug 23 7:30 PM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
The tour guide was very nice but the tour was borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. The one pub that had some 'ghostly' activiy in the tour we didn't even stop at even though it was directly across the street from where we were. I apreciated that the guide tried to keep things legit and honest by not inventing stories about ghosts, but when the real occurances are this lame, please make something up.
In general we had a great time
|hillkleiman||Sat, Jul 12 7:30 PM||Male||50-59||Local||Family Without Children|
Our guide was very nice, but was not the best we've ever had. That said, she was fine and the sites chosen were good - the bars chosen were excellent. We were a group of 7 and really had a great time. We'd do it again.
|nick2505||Sat, Jul 12 7:30 PM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
The tour brought us to some really fun bars in Raleigh. Most of the ghost stories were entertaining and good for a laugh.
|vsherow88||Sat, Jul 5 7:30 PM||Female||30-39||Local||Group of Friends|
Informative and very entertaining. Very Friendly tour guide.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Yes, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest purchasing your tickets early to guarantee your desired tour day. You can buy your tickets either online or by phone with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Is the tour suitable for children?
- No, the tour is only suitable for those 21 years of age and over. Please remember to bring a valid, government issued ID.
- How far do we walk on the tour? What is the pace?
- We will walk about a mile total at a leisurely pace.
- Does the tour start and end at the same place?
- No. The tour will end at Tir Na Nog at 220 S Blount St in Moore Square. just a couple of blocks from the meeting location.
- What about inclement weather?
- Tours will run rain or shine. We ask that you check the weather forecast and dress accordingly if inclement weather is predicted. You may bring an umbrella.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- You will be able to use the bathrooms at the bars, pubs or restaurants we visit along the way.
- Will locals enjoy the tour as well or is it mostly for tourists?
- Absolutely! While you may be familiar with our route and some of the stops, you will also have the opportunity to discover new things about the wonderful town/city/neighborhood you live in! Additionally, this tour is an excellent way to entertain out-of-town guests, celebrate a special occasion or encourage professional team building.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, at the moment we can only offer tours in English, but you are welcome to arrange for an interpreter. Please note that if you are accompanied by an interpreter, they will need a full priced ticket.
- Is there anywhere to buy food or drinks along the way? Can I bring my own?
- While no other food or drinks are included in the ticket price, we encourage you to arrive early and eat at the meeting location restaurant beforehand.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, cameras are permitted and we encourage you to take photos!
- Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are not included in the ticket price. While not required, tips are accepted and always appreciated by the tour guides.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Is there public parking available nearby?
- Yes, we suggest a parking garage nearby. Specific parking details will be provided upon purchase of your tickets.
- Can we shop during the tour?
- It is important that we stay on schedule, so please refrain from shopping during the tour.
- Are dogs/pets allowed on the tour?
- No dogs or pets are allowed on the tour except for trained service animals.
- Is smoking allowed on the tour?
- No, smoking is not permitted on the tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available for purchase and make great gifts for family and friends. If you have any questions about purchasing or redeeming gift certificates, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left side of this page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes, a private tour option is available! You pick the date and time for your special occasion or group as we work around your schedule. To inquire about booking a private tour, please click on the “Contact TobaccoRoad” link on the left of this page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Pictures and video may be taken during the tour.
- During the tour, your guide may take pictures and video that we will later use on our website or for marketing or social media purposes. Please let your guide know at the beginning of your tour if you do not wish to be included in any pictures or videos.
- Must be 21 and over and sign liability waiver.
- The tour is limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you. All participants must also sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
Tobacco Road Tours
As the Triangle area’s only full service tour operator, including event & meeting planning, group tours and daily professionally guided motorized and walking tours, Tobacco Road Tours has a commitment to sharing the traditions from North Carolinians before us, which inspires the creation for each of our tours. Whether you are traveling with us through historic Durham or Raleigh, or exploring the area's history on one of our tours, North Carolina’s Piedmont region provides an adventure that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Along with our dedication to sharing what North Carolina’s Piedmont region has to offer, we are committed to our values. Caring for our guests is always our number one priority. We make sure that our tours meet and exceed your expectations by offering quality tours packed with interesting history, fun facts, and an experience you will never forget.
Every tour is an extravaganza, complete with laughter, time honored stories and FUN. Grab a group of friends and join us!