Your ticket includes:
- An exciting video history of New York City comedy featuring hilarious and vintage footage from Milton Berle, The Marx Brothers, and your favorite sitcoms set in New York
- A comfortable bus tour of New York comedy hotspots and historic locations, including the historic comedy district in the West Village where George Carlin, Woody Allen, and Richard Pryor revolutionized stand-up comedy, where Lenny Bruce was arrested, where The Huxtable's lived in The Cosby Show, and the spot that inspired the infamous Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.
- Visit the World Famous Comic Strip Live and see where Jerry Seinfeld and Eddie Murphy were discovered. As well as a private showcase of the Comic Strip's top comics
- Complimentary drink
- Complimentary tickets for a future show at The Comic Strip Live
- And More!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and courses often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour runs rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. But don't worry! Some of our best tours took place in less-than-perfect weather. If you forget your umbrella, we have ponchos available for sale at the meeting location.
- What is included in my ticket?
- Guests will first meet at the Paley Center to see classic comedy moments from television in New York. Then we'll take a 1.5 hour bus tour of NYC which will focus on the comedy scene, including theaters where famous comics performed and locations where TV shows and movies were filmed. We will make a couple of stops where you will get off of the bus, including one stop where you will be treated to a snack. If you are not hungry while on the tour, no worries! We will treat you to a drink. After the bus tour, we will head to Comic Strip, a famous comedy club where the group will enjoy a private comedy show that will last approximately an hour. You will also receive a ticket to the night show. While the night show ticket is included, there is a 2 drink minimum for the night show.
- How long is the bus tour?
- The bus tour is about 1.5 hours long
- Can I leave the tour early?
- Yes, all stops are within a short distance to a subway. If you must leave the tour early, please notify your tour guide.
- Is food or drink included?
- Yes! During the bus tour, we will treat you to a snack such as soup from the famous soup nazi or a sandwich or snack of your choice from a local NYC deli. If you are not hungry, we will treat you to a drink at a local NYC bar. At the private comedy show, you will also receive a drink.
- Can I bring my own food or drinks with me?
- Snacks will be provided on the bus and at the comedy club such as a bagel, hotdog, popcorn, and/or nachos. However, you are welcome to bring a snack and drink of your own. Alcoholic beverages are completely prohibited on the bus.
- How long will we spend at each stop?
- We spend about 1 hour at the Paley Center, 1.5 hours on the bus and about 1.5 hours at the Comic Strip.
- How much walking is involved?
- Not much at all! While there will be opportunities to get off of the bus and explore a particular neighborhood, this is a bus tour and comedy show, so you will be sitting for the majority of the tour.
- Are there bathrooms on the bus?
- No, unfortunately there isn't a bathroom on the bus, but there are bathrooms at the comedy club and at the other places we stop.
- Can I leave belongings on the bus?
- Yes, but at your own risk. Our driver generally stays on board when we get off the bus. However, please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. We are not responsible for any items that are left on the bus.
- Is the bus heated and air conditioned?
- Yes, the bus has both heat and air conditioning and therefore is perfect no matter what the temperature is outside.
- Is the bus wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately, the bus is not wheelchair accessible.
- How long is the private comedy show?
- It is about an hour long. However, you will also receive a ticket to the evening show if you want to attend the longer show the night of your tour. Keep in mind, however, that the night show has a 2 drink minimum which you will be required to purchase.
- Will food and drinks be available at the private comedy show?
- Yes! We will treat you to one drink and snacks such as popcorn or nachos. You are also able to purchase additional snacks and drinks if you would like.
- If I choose to attend the comedy show at nighttime, is there assigned seating?
- Nope, seating is first come, first served.
- How long is the comedy show at night?
- It is from 8pm to 11pm. There is also a show after 11pm that you are welcome to stay for if you would like.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes! If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click on the "purchase" link in the blue box above.
- Can I schedule a private tour for just my party?
- Yes! If you are interested in setting up a private tour, call us directly at 646-552-4718
- Do I need to be 21 even if I am not planning to drink?
- Yes, all guests must be 21 and have a valid photo ID (US or International drivers' license, or other government-issued ID) in order to participate.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be 21 or older.
- All tour participants must be at least 21 years old. Please be sure to bring your government-issued ID such as a driver's license or a passport.