Memorials by Moonlight: Along the Reflecting Pool includes:
- National World War II Memorial
- District War Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Abraham Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Constitution Gardens
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- It's up to you. If you want to pay for your walk via credit card, the only way to do so is by purchasing in advance. If you prefer to pay cash, however, you are always welcome to just show up without an advance purchase. Either way we'd love to have you!
- What happens if I’m late?
- If you are late, you will miss the tour. Tours leave right on time, and to be fair to the whole group, we cannot wait for late arrivals. If you are not familiar with the meeting location area, please make sure to leave plenty of time to find it. Refunds cannot be provided.
- Where does this walk end?
- The walk concludes near the Abraham Lincoln Memorial. The guide can point the way to the closest Metro station (15 minute walk) or taxi cabs are available at the memorial.
- What sights do we see on the walk?
- The National World War II Memorial, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Abraham Lincoln Memorial, and Vietnam Veterans Memorial are a few of the sites visited during the walk.
- How long is the walk and how fast do we go?
- The walk is two hours in duration and travels appoximately one mile. We travel at a steady pace.
- Is this walk suitable for children?
- No. The walk content aimed at an adult audience,
- I am bringing an infant/toddler. Do I need to purchase a ticket for him or her?
- No. Tickets are not required for children ages 3 and younger.
- What happens if it rains?
- Walks take place rain or shine. Dress appropriately for the day's forecasted weather conditions. Remember to bring water, sunglasses and sunscreen on warm, sunny days.
- Will I be able to shop and buy souvenirs during the walk?
- No. But your guide will be happy to point you in the right direction after the tour.
- Is the walk wheelchair and/or stroller accessible?
- Yes. Most of our walking tours are accessible for both wheelchairs and strollers.
- Are restrooms available on the walk?
- Yes, restrooms are available at each of the major memorials visited..
- Can I bring my dog on the tour?
- No. Unfortunately, we cannot allow animals other than service dogs to attend our walks.
- Are the walks only offered in English?
- Yes. Washington Walks are only offered in English.
- Can I bring a camera?
- Yes. There are a lot of great photo opportunities along the way!
- What is a Washington Walkabout card?
- A Washington Walkabout card is a type of reward program. You pay for four walks up front and present your card at every walk and then you get the fifth one free. You can purchase a Walkabout card from a Washington Walks guide at beginning of any walk. Each card is $60. Cards do not expire and can be used by one individual only. After you’ve taken your five walks, return the card to Washington Walks so we can thank you.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes. For details, please contact Washington Walks by clicking on the "Contact WashWalks" link.
- Can I book a private or a group tour?
- Yes. Private walks are available, although groups often decide to attend the public walk. For one thing, it is often less expensive; second, part of the fun of our walking tours is interacting with those who attend the public walk. If you are interested in booking a private walk, contact Washington Walks by clicking on the “Contact WashWalks” link.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or long-time resident, the same holds true: if you haven’t been on a Washington Walk, you haven’t been to Washington, D.C.!