For over one hundred years the citizens of Pacific Grove have celebrated its history and culture with a summer festival called the Feast of Lanterns. Get an upclose view of the Fireworks Finale over Monterey Bay, the grand finale to the day's festivities!
Highlights of the evening will include:
- Experiencing the fireworks show from the best view in Monterey!
- Spending the evening with your friends, enjoying food and drinks available for purchase from our on-board snack bar
- Seeing Monterey lit up with the excitement of one of the most festive weeks of the year
What Is Not Included?
- Which boat will I be on?
- The trip will take place on one of the 2 largest vessels in the fleet. The 100ft. Princess Monterey and the 75ft. Pacific Explorer.
- How long is the tour?
- The cruise lasts between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advanced purchase is strongly recommended, as cruises often sell out well in advance.
- Is this cruise suitable for children and pregnant women?
- For safety reasons due to the inherent motion of the boat, children under the age of 5 and expecting mothers are not allowed on the cruise.
- How should we dress?
- We recommend that you dress in warm layers, wear long pants, and a warm windproof jacket. A wide brimmed hat or baseball cap and a warm cap, along with flat-soled closed toed shoes are also a good idea.
- Can I bring alcohol on the cruise?
- You are able to bring wine and beer on the cruise, but nothing with a higher alcohol content. You are also able to purchase wine and beer at the snack bar during the cruise.
- Are there rest rooms on the boats?
- Yes! Both boats are equipped with large, clean restrooms for your convenience.
- Can I smoke on the boat?
- No, The Princess Monterey and The Pacific Explorer are both completely non-smoking boats, which includes both the inside and the decks. If you would like to smoke, you may do so on the dock area before or after the cruise.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Not suitable for pregnant women or children under five.
- For safety reasons due to the boat's inherent motion, pregnant women and children under the age of 5 are not allowed to attend the cruise.
- Participants must sign a US Coast Guard passenger registry.
- All participants are required to sign a US Coast Guard passenger registry before boarding the vessel. Parents or guardians must sign for children. This is required by law.
Princess Monterey Whale Watching Cruises
The deep, cold, nutrient-rich waters of Monterey Bay are the perfect place to get an up-close view of exotic marine life. The Bay is home to the third largest submarine canyon in the world, which feeds many diverse marine mammals and sea birds.
Princess Monterey Whale Watching is dedicated to customer service, so you’ll get an amazing experience every time!