For over 100 years historic Greenwich Village has been the mecca to the creative, the rebellious, the Beats, the musicians and Bohemian. Starving artists finding affordable housing is long gone but the West Village remains a creative artery for the downtown scene.
Our Greenwich Village Rock Tour takes a look at the musicians and locales of the neighborhood that put the Village on map. The folk movement was huge in the 60's so there are many sites that refer to Bob Dylan. However, the history is so rich and the sites are plentiful.
We'll also discuss:
- Jimi Hendrix
- The Animals
- Bottom Line
- Gerde's Folk City
- Bitter End
- Woody Guthrie
- Cafe Wha
- Scrap Bar
- Gas Light
- and many other sites
What Is Not Included?
Gratuities are not included but greatly appreciated.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- Where does the tour begin?
- It starts in Greenwich Village, which is easily reached by taxi or subway. Exact meeting location details, including a map and subway directions, will be provided to you immediately upon purchasing your eticket.
- Do we go inside any of the locations featured on the tour?
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. There will many of great opportunities for taking memorable photos, so remember to bring your camera.
- Are bathrooms available during the tour?
- Obviously there are no provided since it's a walking tour. If an emergency arises, however, there are local establishments that might accommodate you.
- Are strollers or wheelchairs allowed on the tour?
- Yes, wheelchairs and strollers are permitted.
- May I bring my dog on the tour?
- We love pets but we ask that you leave your pet at home out of courtesy for the other guests that may not be pet friendly.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private tour, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact RockJunket" link.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes. To inquire about a Rock Junket gift certificate, please click the "Contact RockJunket" link and email your request, along with contact information.
Rock Junket has been featured on VH1 Rock Across America, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, Rolling Stone magazine and the NY Post.
Pinn' s Rock Junket Tours will soon introduce many more "rock walks" in NYC. Bobby Pinn has a book available about rock n roll sites in NYC entitled Rock Junket: New York City. Pick up your copy today!