So sit back, relax, enjoy the open bar and sway to the rhythm of the Keys as our crew serve you a nightly selection of:
Eight of the finest wines from vineyards around the world:
- 4 reds, including Chianti, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Shiraz & more
- 4 whites, including Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Champagne & more
- Plus a wide selection of ice cold beer, soft drinks, and bottled water
- Baked Brie, Smoked Gouda, Dill Havarti, Aged Cheddar & More
- Crackers, flat breads, and summer sausages
- Fresh fruit, vegetable crudites, and other healthy snacks
- ---------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We highly recommend that you purchase tickets in advance, as sails do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance!
- If the trip is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- No, Danger Charters does not keep a waiting list for our sails. Sails often sell out, and typically well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Can I attend the sail if I'm under 21 years of age?
- Everyone is welcome to enjoy our beautiful sunset sail! Unfortunately, only guests 21 years or older with official government issued ID will be allowed to enjoy alcohol on this sail. If you are not allowed bar privileges because you are too young, or because you do not have proper identification, you will not be issued a refund.
- Are children allowed?
- Of course! Danger Charters is family owned and operated. There is a reduced price ticket for children between the ages of 4 and 12, and children 3 years of age and younger are free of charge.
- Are pets allowed?
- We do allow dogs on our trips as long as they are well behaved!
- What happens if it rains?
- Most of our sails will run in all light rain and other moderate weather conditions. In Key West, light rain usually passes over us in just a few minutes! Both of our boats are equipped with awnings that stretch 25 feet in length and will protect you from the elements. In the rare event that we have to cancel a sail due to severe wind or weather, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets or receive credit for a future event.
- ----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING?---------------------------------
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- Of course you are welcome to bring your own food, alcoholic or nonalcoholic beverages aboard, but please keep in mind that a complimentary selection of eight upscale wines from around the world, as well as bottled water, sodas (both regular and diet), and beer are provided for you, as well as hors d'oeuvres, fresh fruit and vegetables, and up to eight varieties of cheeses.
- Can I bring an ice chest or cooler?
- You are welcome to bring your own ice chest or cooler, but do keep in mind that we have plenty of ice cold beverages in coolers aboard!
- What kind of food and beverages are available on board?
- Eight upscale wines from around the world, usually four red and four white, including Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet, Shiraz, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Champagne and more. The wines vary by night, so feel free to come again and again! We also serve a variety of beer, soda, and bottled water, all complimentary with your ticket. For food, we serve a variety of hors d'oeuvres, such as crackers, flat breads, sausages, fresh fruit and vegetables and up to eight kinds of cheese, including baked Brie, smoked Gouda, Dill Havarti, aged Cheddar, and many more, also all complimentary with your ticket.
- Should I bring cash?
- Everything you need for the Wind & Wine sunset sail is included in the price of the ticket. While it not obligatory, it is customary and much appreciated to tip your crew for serving drinks and making your experience one to remember. Typically, tips are about 15% to 20% of your ticket total.
- Should I tip the crew?
- Your Danger crew always tries to go above and beyond expectations to provide you with a one-of-a-kind experience. While not required, gratuities are customary and greatly appreciated. Typically, tips are about 15% to 20% of your ticket total.
- -----------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT/TRIP---------------------------
- What boat will we be going on?
- Most of the time the sunset sail will go out on the Danger's Prize. However, both the Danger and Danger's Prize are beautiful, 65 foot boats designed after traditional 19th century Chesapeake Bay Skipjacks. Due to repairs, private charters, and other factors, it is possible that the Danger may replace the Danger's Prize on the sunset trip from time to time. We can guarantee that regardless of the boat you take out, you will have an extraordinary time with us.
- How far does the boat go out?
- On the sunset trip, the boat will go out between 3 and 5 miles depending on the wind and weather conditions.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- Yes, there is room in the cabin to store limited belongings. If you have large items such as luggage, they can be stored at the Danger kiosk on land and securely locked up during the trip.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Both of our boats are wheelchair accessible. However, the lavatories on our boats are only accessible by ladder. Our crew will do it's best to assist you to the restroom, but use your own discretion in deciding if this trip will be comfortable for you.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- The Danger has one clean, marine head whereas the Danger's Prize has two. All restroom facilities are unisex and accessible by ladder. A marine head is slightly different than your home facilities, but your crew will explain the simple instructions before we sail.
- Are there life jackets on board? Do I have to wear one?
- Both the Danger and Danger's Prize are fully US Coast Guard certified, and carry enough life preservers for each of our passengers and crew. However, you are not required to wear life vests in most normal circumstances.
- Is the boat safe?
- Both the Danger and Danger's Prize are safe, steady vessels certified by the US Coast Guard. Before each trip, you will receive a full demonstration outlining the safety equipment on board: you will learn where the life jackets are stowed, where the fire fighting stations are and how to use them, and even how to use man overboard devices. We also have a first aid kit on board in accordance with regulations.
- Will I get seasick?
- Both the Danger and Danger's Prize are incredibly stable and steady vessels, and the protected waters of the Key West backcountry are typically smooth, even during particularly windy days. Most of our passengers have no issues with sea sickness. However, if you are prone to motion sickness, you may want take any necessary precautions as instructed by your physician.
- Will there be music?
- Yes! On the sunset wind and wine sail, we will play a wide variety of soothing music, ranging from Jimmy Buffet and reggae to Sade and Jack Johnson. We also will take requests!
- What is the Key West green flash?
- The green flash is a phenomena that you can see at sunset in Key West, when a part of the sun suddenly changes color from red or orange to green! The green color lasts only a second or two at best, which is why it's called the "flash". It's an amazing sight to see, and you won't want to miss it!
- Can I snorkel, kayak, or swim during this trip?
- No, unfortunately snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming are not allowed during the wind & wine sunset sail. However, there are plenty of refreshments and fun things to do on board! If you are interested in snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming, just us on our half or full day trips!
- -----------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES-----------------------
- How can I book a private charter or custom wedding?
- To book a private charter or a custom wedding aboard the Danger or Danger’s Prize, please click “Contact Danger” to the left of the page. Someone from our staff will return your inquiry shortly and help you plan an amazing sail, whatever the occasion.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we have gift certificates available for all of our publicly scheduled sails and excursions. To inquire about purchasing a gift certificate, please click “Contact Danger”.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Attendees must be 21 years of age with a valid ID to enjoy alcoholic beverages.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government - issued identification (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government - issued ID) to enjoy alcoholic beverages. Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID who have been denied bar privileges.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver before boarding the boat. Participants under the age of 18 must have a supervising adult present to sign the waiver for them.
Family owned and operated for 14 years and counting, both the Danger and Danger's Prize feature a world class crew and are stocked with the finest amenities.
Each Danger excursion has been carefully crafted by the owners to provide a unique, off the beaten path experience aligned with the "Come as you are" spirit of the Keys. So come as you are, and come ready for fun, with Danger Charters of Key West, Florida.