Come aboard one of City Islandís largest and safest vessels, the Riptide III, for an exciting sunset boatride from City Island to the mouth of New York Harbor. Complete with a live DJ and open air dancing, take in the breathtaking New York City skyline as you dance the night away!
This is a perfect event for all occasions: from a lively dance party with friends and family to a romantic evening with that someone special.
On our sunset boatrides you will enjoy:
- Indoor and upper deck seating
- Upper deck dancing
- An experienced DJ who takes requests!
- Gorgeous views of the East River, the Statue of Liberty and the New York skyline
- The magnificent sunset over New York Harbor
What Is Not Included?
- Food and Beverages: Food and beverages are not included in the price of the cruise but are available for purchase on board. Also, if you would like to enjoy alcohol on the boatride, feel free to bring your own with you along with proper photo ID. No alcohol is served on the boatride.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as trips often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Advance tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Do I save money by purchasing in advance?
- Yes! You can save $3 per adult or senior ticket by purchasing in advance. If you wait to buy tickets until you get to our meeting spot, then prices will be $40 for adults, $35 for seniors, and $25 for children. If you book in advance, after ticket service fees, you will pay, in total, $37 for adults, $32 for seniors, and $25 for children. Although the prices listed are the walk-up prices, you will be given an automatic discount upon purchasing your tickets in advance. Book your tickets in advance and save today!
- What happens if it rains?
- We still go out. There are two covered areas on the boat that will provide shelter from the rain. Please dress appropriately for the weather. In the case of severe weather, we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in which case you will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Are children allowed?
- Yes! We have no age limit for our sunset boat ride. Everyone is welcome, and our boat is very safe with high rails. Children between the ages of 4 and 12 may attend with a discounted child's ticket. Children under three years of age are free of charge, but require a ticket because our boat can only hold up to a certain amount of people and we cannot exceed that number even for toddlers or infants.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- While we don't put a limitation on who may or may not attend, pregnant women should always consult with their doctors before participating.
- If this trip is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately we do not have waiting lists for our trips. While cancellations are rare, you may try to purchase tickets at the start of the trip. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be any room left! To maximize your chance of getting the day and time of your preferred trip, please buy tickets in advance.
- How early should I arrive to check in before the trip?
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to departure for check in, especially because the tickets are non refundable. Our boatrides generally leave right on time!!!
- How far does the boat go out?
- We will leave City Island and travel all the way down the East River, passing under all 8 bridges to the Statue of Liberty and New York Harbor. We return to City Island by the same route.
- Can I bring my own food and/or beverages?
- You are welcome to bring food, including soft drinks or water. Coolers and alcoholic beverages are allowed on board and must be stowed on the main deck. Food and beverages are available for purchase.
- What kinds of food and beverages are available in the full-service galley?
- We offer a full service gallery on board, serving hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, soft drinks and chips. Drinks include water and soda. No alcohol is served in the galley. All food and drink items range between $1-$3.50. Bring any other food items you may need with you!
- How much extra cash should I bring?
- Besides the price of the ticket, you will need approximately $5-10 per adult passenger for a gratuity and about $10 per person if you plan to eat in the galley.
- The crew was awesome! Can I leave a gratuity?
- Tipping the crew members is optional but greatly appreciated, as they work very hard to make your trip as good as can be. General gratuity is $5-10 per adult passenger and can be given to the crew at the end of the boat ride.
- Can I bring an ice chest?
- Yes, plastic and metal coolers are allowed on board but must be stored outside on the main deck. No coolers are permitted inside the main cabin.
- Will there be room on the boat to stow my belongings?
- There is ample room to stow your belongings on the main deck. Unfortunately, coolers cannot be brought into the main cabin of the boat.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Yes. Our boat is wheelchair accessible. Our crew will be happy to assist you to board and navigate the boat as needed, but we do ask that you notify us of what accommodations you will need upon purchasing your tickets.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, the main deck of the boat has a spacious cabin that will provide shade. The upper deck also has a canvas top that will provide shade.
- Which boat will we be going on?
- All boat rides take place on the one and only Riptide III. The Riptide III is 90 feet long and 24 feet wide and comfortably holds 149 people for boat rides and private events.
- Are there restrooms on board?
- Yes, there are four clean bathrooms on board. Two bathrooms are available for men and the other two are available for women.
- Is the boat safe?
- Absolutely, in addition to modern safety equipment our vessels are constantly maintained and inspected once a year by the United States Coast Guard, a Division of Homeland Security.
- Are there life jackets on the boat? Do I have to wear one?
- The Riptide III is outfitted with safety equipment for both adults and children. While you are not required to wear one, you may do so if you choose.
- Will I get seasick?
- While our vessels are very safe and stable, we will be in the ocean. If you are susceptible to motion sickness, you may consider taking preventative measures beforehand, although we cannot officially advise you to do so.
- ------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES------------
- Can I book a private boat ride?
- Absolutely! Custom dates and times are available for all of our vessels. Please "Contact Riptide" to inquire further.
- Are gift certificates available?
- YES! If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate, please click the "Contact Riptide" link.
Riptide III Fishing and Cruises
Riptide III, Inc, Fishing and Cruises offers a variety of fishing experiences including; open boat day and night fishing trips, weekly New York City sightseeing boatrides on the East River and private charters. Come spend an unforgettable time with the Riptide III crew.