Sample a wide variety of sweet and savory foods including several from this list:
- Fine European Cheeses
- Authentic Italian delicacies
- Spanish tapas
- Savory French quiche
- Freshly Baked Pastries & Cookies
- Hot, Crusty Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Mexican Yucca Fries
- Artisan Candy
While you're munching on goodies, you'll meet the purveyors and chefs and have an opportunity to ask them questions. If you love eating, exploring & having fun then bring your friends and join us for this delicious experience!
What Is Not Included?
Bottled water is not included. If you bring your own bottle, you will be able to fill it at certain sites.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance to guarantee your spots. Tours sell out quickly! Tickets can be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard.
- How much food will I eat on the tour?
- Plenty. You'll be tasting a variety of foods and beverages such as rice pudding, cheesecake, cookies, truffles, pastries and more. The number of stops vary depending on the tour, but generally speaking, each tour will have at least 4 stops, with some tours having up to 6 destinations. Please keep in mind that our tours are not designed to be a balanced meal but a tasting adventure!
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour will take place in all light weather conditions. In rare circumstances such as a heavy snow storm, a hurricane, or other extreme weather and the tour venues can't open, the tour will be canceled, and you will be allowed to reschedule subject to availability.
- How long is the tour?
- Most tours are approximately 2 hours in length. Ask your tour guide if you have concerns about tour duration. Our guides will try to accommodate you if at all possible.
- Will I learn about New York City on this tour?
- Yes. Our guides are all licensed New York City Sight Seeing Guides, and they will incorporate important information about the neighborhood you are touring into their narrative.
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- Please let the guide know what you cannot eat at the beginning of the tour. We'll do everything we can to arrange substitutes for you. If you need to skip the food at a particular stop, we'll make sure you get an extra sample at another stop.
- What places will we go on the tour?
- The venues that you'll visit will vary slightly depending on the day of your tour, but you'll visit the best bakeries, ethnic eateries, hidden treasures, and some of New York's most famous food purveyors.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
- The walking on the tour will cover approximately 3/4 - 1 mile. We will walk at a very leisurely pace, so you should have no problem. Though you will be on your feet for most of the tour, there will be a couple opportunities to sit and rest, should you need to.
- If this trip is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately there are no waiting lists for the tours. Please check another date/time for availability!
- Will I be able to drink anything on the tour?
- No drinks will be provided on the tour. Bringing a water bottle is a great idea, and you'll have some opportunities to fill it up along the way if you need to.
- I'm from New York. Is the tour still good for me?
- Absolutely! On our tours you will explore hidden places that you probably do not know of, meet purveyors and learn many new things about foods. You will see some of the coolest spots in the city, and experience your hometown in a totally new way.
- Is there an age minimum for the tour?
- Yes, children must be at least 8 years old to go on the tour. Children and teenagers under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age. If your children become excessively unruly and disrupt the tour, we may have to ask you to leave the tour.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour ends just a short walk from its starting point, the exact location of which you will receive upon purchase. You'll also receive really detailed directions on how to get there!
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the tour is wheelchair accessible. Though on some days there might be a stop with a small step leading into the entrance, we encourage anyone in a wheelchair to come on the tour, and we will make any necessary accommodations. Please be sure to enter a "message to seller" to let us know your needs when you purchase your tickets!
- Are there any restroom stops on the tour?
- Though there are no designated restroom stops on the tour, just let your guide know if you need to use the facilities and they'll be sure to find them for you!
- Do you have private tours?
- Yes, we do offer private tours. Please click “Contact CityFoods” to the left of the page for more information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely! Please click “Contact CityFoods” to request more information.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Tour participants under the age of 17 must accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age
City Food Tours & Events
Joyce is regularly quoted in the media, heard on the radio, and seen on TV for her food expertise. She is a former restaurateur, Fortune 500 food brand manager, and teaches at NYU. Joyce is also a catering expert, and her book, "The Everything Guide to The Catering Business," is available at Amazon.com and other book retailers around the country.