These trips are truly for the fun & energetic crowd who would enjoy an adventurous day out of the city, in the sunshine, and on the river!
Don't let the summer pass you by! Grab some friends or meet some on board & get ready for one of the most memorable days this summer!
Join us on a tubing trip and enjoy:
- Roundtrip party bus transportation with U shaped seating, dancing poles, surround sound, and hardwood floors!
- The chance to meet lots of new people on board & on the river!
- Cooling off on a hot summer's day while enjoying the thrill of the rapids
- Between 3-4 hours on the river (depending on the current water levels, and how fast you choose to tube).
- Beautiful views, wildlife, and lots of blue skies!
- Bring your own lunch in a cooler and enjoy it while you float, or pull over to enjoy it while sunning on a large rock.
- Sit back and relax, or dance on board on your way home!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to past rider feedback & requests, most tubing trips take place at the Front Royal Canoe Company.
What Is Not Included?
PLEASE NOTE: If water levels are normal or above normal, we will most likely be tubing at the Front Royal Canoe Company.
- What is tubing?
- Tubing is a relaxing, yet adventurous activity where you float freely down the river on a tube!
- How rough are the rapids?
- The rapids on the whitewater trips to Harper's Ferry are class I-III at normal water levels. Here is some information taken from the International Scale of River Difficulty. class I: fast moving water with riffles and small waves. few obstructions, all obvious and easily missed with little training. risk to swimmers is slight; self-rescue is easy. class II: novice. straightforward rapids with wide, clear channels which are evident without scouting. occasional maneuvering may be required, but rocks and medium sized waves are easily missed by trained paddlers. swimmers are seldom injured and group assistance, while helpful, is seldom needed. class III: intermediate. rapids with moderate, irregular waves which may be difficult to avoid. strong eddies and powerful current effects can be found, particularly on large-volume rivers. injuries while swimming are rare; self-rescue is usually easy but group assistance may be required to avoid long swims.
- What happens if I fall out of my tube?
- You will be provided with a life jacket - a type III life jacket similar to a water skiing life jacket. Without a doubt the best thing you can do to assure your safety if you fall out of your tube is to wear your life jacket. Other than that, there are several other factors. Mainly you should try to get back into your tube as quickly as possible. If you can get back into the tube in the river, do that. Otherwise, find a large rock or the shore to stop on and get back in. Do not try to stand up if you are in moving current, as the bottom of the river is all rocks. You can bang your legs into them or get your foot caught in between 2 of them. Float on your back feet first through the rapid. At the first calm spot, swim to shore or climb on a rock.
- What happens if I lose my tube?
- It is important to keep your tube with you the entire trip. If you do end up losing it, try to get it back as quickly as possible. If you are with a group you should always try to stay together so that you can help each other out. If you are separated somehow, find a good spot to get out of the river. Generally float on your back feet first through any immediate rapids, and then swim to shore. Once on shore, walk downstream and try to locate your tube. If it has stopped on a rock or is sitting near the shore and not in a rapid you can try to swim out to retrieve it. Do not take any chances if the tube is in a rapid or if you are not sure that you can get to it. The best way to avoid all of this is if you flip off your tube, grab it as soon as you come up to the surface. It will almost always be right beside you. The longer you wait to grab your tube, the more likely you are to lose it.
- Can we bring a cooler?
- Yes, most tubers bring coolers with beverages and snacks. You will most likely become hungry and thirsty on the river! Please remember that anything you take in the water could potentially flip over in rough water and get soaking wet! Whatever you take on the river, must also be brought back with you. Please DO NOT LITTER! Most companies do not allow Styrofoam or glass containers.
- What are cooler tubes?
- Cooler tubes are smaller tubes with holes in the center (like doughnuts). Cooler tubes do not come with coolers. Tubers place their own coolers in the tubes and tie them to their own tubes. Coolers shouldn't be tiny or they will fall through, they shouldn't be huge, or they will sink! Styrofoam coolers and glass bottles are not allowed on the river.
- What should I wear?
- For all our water activities, swimsuit attire is the norm. In warm weather, shorts and/or a t-shirt can provide extra comfort. Whatever you wear will get wet. Shoes are required. An inexpensive cap or sunvisor and/or sunglasses can provide additional shade from the sun. Changing rooms are available on-site.
- Should I bring rope?
- Yes. You will want to tie yourself to your friends and to your cooler tubes, so rope is important!
- Is BYOB allowed on the bus?
- The Boomerang does not provide alcohol or any beverages on the bus. However, you will be able to consume alcohol you bring with you since everyone riding must be over 21 years of age. Remember that you cannot exit the bus with any open containers in your possession. Glass is NOT allowed on board the Boomerang Party Bus, or on the river, for your safety.
- How much money should I bring?
- Tubing at the river, lunch, and cooler tubes are not included in the price of the trip. Tubing fees at each of the destinations range from $20 - $30, and are payable at the time of your visit to the river. All companies have stores that sell drinks, sun tan lotion, and snacks, so you may want to bring some money for last minute goods. You will receive an email a few days before your trip confirming which company we will be using so you can plan in advance. You won't need any money once you are on the river.
- Am I allowed to drink on the river?
- Tubing companies prohibit alcohol on the river. However, they are not allowed to search your coolers or belongings, and they ask that all beverages remain in your coolers until you are on the river.
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Yes. Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- How long are we on the bus?
- It should take just over an hour to reach the river.
- Will I get wet?
- YES! If you are tubing, you will get wet. Your clothes will get wet, your shoes will get wet - anything you take with you will get wet. It's summer time, let's get wet!
- Do I have to wear shoes?
- Yes, we always recommend wearing suitable footwear, including old tennis shoes, sports sandals or aqua socks. Flip-flops are not suitable footwear as they can easily come off your feet. Footwear needs to be worn because of the rocks and other unseen sharp objects that can potentially be stepped on or floated into.
- Who will be on board during the tour?
- On every trip there will be two or three employees of Boomerang Tours. There will be a licensed and experienced driver as well as one or two fun party directors. Their job is to do their best to make sure that you have a great experience!
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Yes, but please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang bus for a private party?
- Yes, but you need to make arrangements in advance so we can close that day or night to the public. A lot of our groups, however, find that it's a lot more fun to join the other guests on one of our public tours to make the celebration that much larger (and cheaper for your group)! Our bus can hold up to 40 people. If you're interested in booking a private tour, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page.
- Is the Boomerang heated and air conditioned?
- The Boomerang is heated in the colder months. It is not air conditioned, but our windows provide a great cool breeze!
- What is your weather policy?
- This activity runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the Boomerang cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets or receive credit for a future event.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this tour. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Party Bus Tours and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Party Bus Tours by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- All participants are asked to drink responsibly. Boomerang reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus and will not receive a refund.
Along with the original Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, Boomerang's first entertainment offering, we also organize Entertainment Excursions, special events around the DC area, such as tubing trips and vineyard tours.
So, sit back, relax and let us do the driving!