As we sail through the harbor, relax on deck and imagine a time when the harbor was filled with these majestic ships. We have no set route; we sail with the winds and tides staying in the shelter of the harbor.
On this very unique sail you will:
- Enjoy the unique perspective of the city under the dazzling moonlight while listening to live acoustic music provide by a local musician
- Often observe dolphins playing and racing across the bow,
- Watch pelicans perform diving acts,
- See the impressive Arthur Ravenel Jr. bridge, the largest suspension bridge in North America, quite a sight lit up at night!
- Enjoy the city skyline and historic homes and churches along The Battery.
- Experience the charm of sailing on a classic schooner
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to book tickets in advance?
- Sails often sell out, so we strongly recommend that you book your tickets in advance, as soon as you’re sure you would like to attend.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded nor rescheduled once purchased.
- Are children allowed on the Moonlight sail?
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on the Moonlight sail. For more child-friendly options, please consider our Daytime and Sunset sails! Furthermore, because of USCG requirements, everyone on board is required to have a ticket.
- What exactly do we see on the sail?
- It will be night time of course, but we will sail by the Battery and Waterfront Park. We sail in the harbor but we go with the wind so sometimes we get closer to The Yorktown or Fort Sumter. Our guests get a good overall sense of the harbor and the local wildlife.
- Is food served during the sail?
- Food is not served on the sail, but you’re more than welcome to bring your own snacks or picnic.
- Can I bring my own drinks aboard?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. During our sails, sodas, water, beer (domestic and imported), and wine are available for purchase on board.
- What should I wear?
- We suggest that you dress comfortably, and weather appropriate. Keep in mind that it is significantly cooler on the water, and so layers are suggested.
- Is the Schooner Pride safe?
- Absolutely, the Schooner Pride is a safe, gentle vessel. Aside from your captain we have several crew members to take care of our guests onboard. We also have life-jackets on board for all of our guests.
- How steady is the sailing? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Schooner Pride is a steady, gentle vessel and it is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness on the Schooner Pride, you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Are any areas of the ship covered?
- While there are no parts of the boat that are air-conditioned, guests are more than welcome to go below deck or stay in the shade of the sails to keep out of the sun.
- Do we always see wildlife on the sail?
- While we do not guarantee seeing wildlife, more often than not we see dolphins, pelicans, and other local wildlife while sailing in the harbor.
- Where does the sail finish?
- Our sail will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Is there a restroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boat is equipped with a clean restroom that is accessible at all times.
- Is there seating on the boat?
- There is bench style seating available for all aboard the sail.
- Are there any stops along the way?
- No, there are no stops. We will be sailing for the entire 2 hours.
- How fast does the Schooner Pride go?
- It depends on the wind, but it can go up to 10 knots.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is some room below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Do you ever cancel sails due to bad weather?
- The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Cancellations are made on the day of the sail up to 1 hour prior to sail time. In the rare event that a sail is cancelled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
- Can I book a private charter sail?
- Yes. If you are interested in booking a private sail, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailThePride” to the left of the page.
- Are gift certificates available for your sails?
- Yes, gift certificates are available, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are pets allowed onboard?
- Yes, pets are allowed onboard so long as they are kept on a leash or in a carrier.
- Is the ship wheelchair accessible?
- No, the Schooner Pride is not wheelchair accessible. We will do our best to accommodate disabled persons, but there are 5 stairs then a gangplank to cross to board. The "head" is also below deck and you will need to negotiate stairs to use it.
Charleston Schooner Pride LLC
We aim to make your experience of sailing on the Pride as enjoyable and thrilling as it is for us. Our captain and experienced and friendly crew are more than willing to do whatever they can to ensure that your sailing experience with us is a pleasurable and relaxing one.