We offer three four hour trips daily on the 70 ft Starlight. Fish for a variety of different species!
The Starlight, licensed to carry 149 passengers, is equipped with state of the art electronics and features ultimate comfort. Enjoy the following amenities:
- Enclosed lounges
- Large sun deck
- Soda and snacks available
- Separate ladies' and men's restrooms
- Radar, sonar, & loran
- Global positioning satellite navigation
- Compact disc surround sound system
Enjoy Ladies Day on Mondays and Fridays at 1 pm -- women get half price tickets!
>> Check the FAQs for our updated fishing report! <<
What Is Not Included?
- No food or beverages are included, but there is a snack bar on board that sells snacks, beer, soda and water. Bring extra cash with you!
- You are also welcome to bring your own food and drinks with you on board -- however, hard alcohol is not allowed and beer is limited to one 6 pack per person.
- Souvenirs and various items will be available on board as well.
- What kind of fish have you been catching recently?
- ---------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT TICKETS/POLICIES---------------------
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We recommend you purchase your tickets in advance in order to guarantee your spots on board because our trips do often sell out. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with either a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express. Book early to have the best shot at the day/time you prefer!
- What happens if it rains?
- We go rain or shine. In the event of severe weather that would result in the cancellation of the trip, you would be welcome to reschedule or receive a voucher for a future event.
- Is this trip appropriate for children under 6 years old?
- Yes, children of all ages enjoy our trips. There is a reduced priced ticket available for children 12 and under.
- Is the trip suitable for pregnant women?
- Yes, the cruise is suitable for pregnant women.
- Is the trip wheelchair accessible?
- Usually manual wheelchairs are no problem and can be lifted on board. Electric wheelchairs, on the other hand, may not be able to fit on board. If you need more information, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know details about your particular situation.
- How much experience do I need to have?
- None, we have mates that will help you every step of the way! We welcome everyone from novices to experienced anglers.
- I don't want to fish, can I still go on the trip? Do I get a discount?
- If you don't want to fish, of course you can still join us. Non-fisherman can purchase a junior priced ticket, but will not be permitted to fish during the trip.
- How far is Wildwood from Cape May?
- Wildwood is a 15-20 minute drive from Cape May. When coming from Cape May, you will need to allow a few extra minutes for occasional drawbridge openings.
- -------QUESTIONS ABOUT FISHING, LIMITS, & TRIP SPECIFICS-----------
- What kind of fish will we be fishing for?
- We fish for a variety of fish on this trip. Some examples include blue fish, croakers, and seabass. Blue fish are popular marine game fish that can weigh up to 40 pounds but are typically under 20 pounds, and are voracious and predatory and will strike any bait when in a feeding frenzy. Croakers, named for the drum-like sound they make, are relatively small and have a tender meat with a mild, sweet flavor - great for baking or frying! Seabass tend to congregate around wrecks, jetties, or rocks, and weigh an average of 1.5 pounds. They are lean and low in fat, and suitable for almost any method of cooking.
- Do you guarantee that I will catch fish?
- No. However, our crew will do their best to ensure that you are in optimal conditions and locations for finding fish, and will teach you everything you'll need to know to do so.
- Do I need to keep the fish I catch?
- No, you can catch and release if you prefer.
- How many fish can I keep?
- It depends on the species of fish. Our mates will help you with the specific requirements and limitations during the trip, but here are a few examples: croakers - no limit, 6 weakfish (min 13 inches), 15 bluefish (no min size), 8 fluke (min 18 inches from 5/24 to 9/7), 10 winter flounder (min 12 inches from 3/23 to 5/21).
- What do I do with the fish I keep? Do you provide fish cleaning?
- We have bags for you to take and keep with you. Our mates would be happy to clean your fish for a nominal fee (determined by the mates).
- Can I sell the fish I catch?
- No, selling the fish you catch is against the law without proper licenses.
- What happens if everyone catches their limits?
- There are plenty of different species of fish, so if everyone on board catches their limits of one species, we will continue to fish for others!
- How far will the boat go out?
- It depends on where the fish are! We may go anywhere from 2 to 5 miles offshore depending upon where the bite is best.
- How much of the trip will be spent fishing (v. riding)?
- Fishing time is 2.5 hours.
- Can we see any wildlife while we're fishing?
- There is the possibility of seeing dolphins, whales, sea birds, sea turtles, rays, and sunfish.
- -----------------------FISHING EQUIPMENT AND LICENSES-----------------------------
- Do I need a fishing license?
- No, you do not need a fishing license on our trips!
- I have my own equipment - what kind of gear do I need to bring?
- If you are bringing your own equipment, a standard salt water rod and reel will be sufficient.
- Can you provide me with fishing gear, bait and tackle?
- Bait is included in the price. We rent rod and reel packages for $3.00 per person, available at the shop prior to departure.
- -----------------------------------WHAT SHOULD I BRING?-------------------------------------
- Can I bring my own food and drinks? What about alcohol?
- Yes, you may bring your own food and drinks with you. No hard alcohol is permitted on board, but you may bring beer with you (one 6 pack per person).
- What kinds of food and drinks are available on board?
- There is a small galley on board with snacks, soda, beer and water (ranging from $2 - $5). The galley is cash only so bring extra cash with you!
- Can I bring a cooler on board?
- Yes, feel free to bring a small cooler with you.
- Can I take a stroller on board?
- Yes, strollers are welcome on board.
- Can I smoke on the boats?
- We don't permit smoking in the cabin, but you may smoke on the stern of the boat as long as the other guests aren't disturbed!
- How much should I tip the crew?
- They do work on tips, so feel free to tip the crew much like you would a server in a restaurant.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- No souvenirs on board but we do sell teeshirts, jewelry, toys, hats, and sweatshirts at the dock as well as disposable cameras, field guides, lip balm and sunblock. Souvenirs range from $5 - $45.
- How much cash should I bring?
- Bring enough for a snack or a drink and a tip for the mates.
- ---------------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BOAT---------------------------
- Are there bathrooms on the boat?
- Yes, we have both a women's and men's bathroom on board for your convenience.
- Do you have life jackets on board?
- Yes, we are US Coast Guard regulated. We have well over 150 life jackets on board. However, you are not required to wear one on our vessel due to its size.
- What else is there to do around the meeting spot?
- There is a fresh seafood market and take out called Little Kurtz at the dock.
- Is seasickness an issue? What do you recommend?
- Seasickness is only an issue if you are susceptible to motion sickness. We recommend using "seabands." We have seabands as well as dramamine at the dock for purchase if you are particularly prone to motion sickness.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Yes, we have an inside cabin that will protect you from the elements if need be.
- ------------------PRIVATE CHARTERS AND GIFT CERTIFICATES-----------------------
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please click “Contact JJCBoats” and let us know what you would like!
- Are group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 15 or more will receive an automatic discount of $3 off per ticket. Just click to buy tickets and your price will be reduced!
- Do you offer group fishing charters?
- Yes, we do offer private fishing charters. If you're interested in a private group charter, please click “Contact JJCBoats” to let us know what you're interested in. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Participants must have a rod and tackle to fish on the trip.
- Participants fishing on the trip must have a rod and tackle suitable for the day's fishing, which are not included in the ticket price. If you do not have your own, you can rent equipment at our shop prior to departure (discounts for complimentary rod rentals must be redeemed at the shop). If you do not plan to fish, you may purchase a junior ticket but you will not be permitted to fish.
The Starlight Fleet has been offering South Jersey extraordinary dolphin and whale watching as well as the Sunset Buffet Dinner Cruise for 27 years. You can experience those tours on our 100 foot, air conditioned Atlantic Star!