This show features:
- An introduction to some of Chicago's most well documented paranormal events
- Fascinating storytelling
- Psychic demonstrations and magic
- Interactive comedy
- Haunted surroundings that have been featured in such TV shows as A&E's Sightings!
Admission includes two complimentary beverages and admission to Excalibur nightclub for the rest of the evening for participants ages 21 and up. (Those under 21 will be served soft drinks and be unable to linger in the club following the show.)
- Is this a tour?
- No, it's a one-man theater show. Some people like multi-hour tours on buses that cruise around the city, but not everybody has that kind of time. For them, this show delivers the stories that the paranormally curious must experience, all in under 90 minutes. And you even get two drinks in the process.
- How scary is the show?
- There's nothing to fear: it's not scary at all. Sure, it's got a creepy edge to it—you are, after all, listening to true tales of the unexplained, participating in strange demonstrations, and sitting in a nightclub that you are reminded is considered one of the most haunted in Chicago. But nobody in a hockey mask is going to jump out at you from a darkened hallway. There are moments where it's even quite funny. In the words of Time Out Chicago, "If you can handle The Addams Family, you can definitely handle this." It's simply a strange and sophisticated good time.
- Can those under 21-years-old attend?
- Absolutely. Even though it's performed within a nightclub, minors can see the show -- the content is perfectly appropriate for guests of high school age and up. Guests under 21 will, of course, have to stick to soft drinks and cannot stay in the club afterward; guests of legal drinking age, on the other hand, will be able to enjoy the amenities of Excalibur until closing time (4am!). Children under 13 will probably not have the attention span necessary to enjoy the show fully and are discouraged from attending.
- Will I be forced to participate?
- No. Nobody makes you do anything that would embarass you; this isn't a laugh-at-the-poor-sucker hypnotism show. You are always respected. The only person ever at risk is the performer (and he's used to it).
- Are individual seats reserved?
- They don't need to be, as there are no bad seats in the house. The show seating maxes out at 50, so everybody can see and interact. It's like your own little private party.
- What should I wear?
- Please dress in attractive nightclub attire. Excalibur asks that you please not wear gym shoes, sports apparel, baggy or ripped clothing, hats, work boots, or flip flops for men.
- Are there any souvenirs available for purchase?
- Yes! Tee-shirts with the Supernatural Chicago logo will be available for purchase upon purchasing your tickets. They come in unisex sizes medium, large, or extra large. You will also be able to purchase a Peter and the Werewolf CD on site -- Neil Tobin the Necromancer is the narrator!
- Is there parking at the nightclub?
- Valet parking will be available, but there is also limited street parking and nearby parking garages. Further details will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- Do you offer private shows?
- Yes! An entire seating of Supernatural Chicago can be purchased as a private show during its regular schedule, or as a special "command performance" on unscheduled evenings. Supernatural Chicago can also travel almost anywhere, schedule permitting. Lastly, its host, Neil Tobin, Necromancer, is often engaged to perform for private and corporate events with a different stand-up show that places less emphasis on spirits and greater emphasis on fast-paced fun, entitled "A Necromantic Evening." He is also available to mingle with guests in cocktail-party style as a reader of tarot cards, palms, and minds. If you're interested in a private show, please click on the "Contact Necromancer" link and let us know!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for our regularly scheduled Supernatural Chicago shows. Please click on the "Contact Necromancer" link to request a gift certificate.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Please be punctual - latecomers will not be admitted.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the performance. Once the show begins, latecomers will not be admitted.
- Children under 13 years of age are not recommended.
- Because of the nature and content of the show, children under 13 are not recommended to attend. Please also let us know how many guests under 21 will be attending upon purchasing your tickets.
He has performed on broadcasts for the Travel Channel, the Biography Channel, WCKG-FM, and WGN-TV (opposite Gary Sinise). He can also be seen on the DVD release of the Michael Keaton thriller, "White Noise," and heard on CD narrating "Peter and the Werewolf" with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Neil Tobin is President for the Chicago Assembly of the Society of American Magicians.
- "Best Bet" — Metromix
- "A perennial hot ticket" — Red Eye Chicago
- "Tobin's act is riveting as he segues from legend to legend" — Wednesday Journal