Our fully-narrated 90-minute sightseeing tour begins in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on the narrow, winding New River. From there we will enter the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway and pass into Port Everglades - home of the world's busiest cruise ship port, and head back up the New River to our dock.
>>The adult price ($22.95) and child price ($12.95) listed above do not include sales tax, which will apply.<<
You will see sights such as:
- Multi-million dollar mansions - see an example on Tarpon Bend with a water park style pool and bell tower!
- Stunning multi-million dollar yachts - jaw-dropping opulence and wealth.
- The Stranahan House - the oldest surviving structure in Broward County!
- Riverside Hotel - a pinnacle of old world charm and elegance.
- Millionaires' Row - some of the most lucrative real estate in Broward County.
- "The White House" - a landmark property of extreme opulence.
- Hyatt Pier 66 Resort - completed in 1967, it features a beautiful art deco style tower.
- Cruise ships - on a busy day we'll see unparalleled views of some of the largest ones in the world!
- Bahia Mar Resort & Yachting Center - one of the most famous resort marina complexes in the world.
What Is Not Included?
A souvenir photo will be taken upon boarding that will be available for purchase at the end of your trip.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly recommended, as cruises often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please buy your tickets well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- The entire lower deck is enclosed and air conditioned, with large observation windows to provide a clear view of the sights and a P/A system to ensure that our narrator can be heard. The upper deck has an open-air covered section, as well as some seats in the sun. Because we have plenty of areas to hide from the elements, we do go out rain or shine; however, we would never put our passengers in harm's way. In the event of severe or unsafe weather we would have to cancel, and you will be given the opportunity to reschedule to another date.
- What is included in the ticket price?
- Your ticket price includes a 6% tax. Actual ticket prices are $22.95 for Adults and $12.95 for Children. Children under the age of 3 ride for free, but still require a $0 ticket.
- What about taking children on the cruise?
- Children are more than welcome aboard our sightseeing cruises! Children under 12 have a reduced price ticket. Children under 3 years of age may attend for free, but you must have add a free ticket to your purchase for them to attend.
- Can I combine discounts?
- The Carrie B will sometimes run promotions and discounts in area publications. You are welcome to use these when purchasing, however only one discount may be used per purchase - discounts may not be combined.
- Where do we go on the sightseeing cruise?
- The boat is docked at Fort Lauderdale's City Docks, on New River Drive, in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Our tour begins along the New River where we immediately see the opulent homes, mansions, & yachts of the rich and famous. Our captain will narrate over a crystal clear p.a. system and tell you about the history, significance, and owners of what you're seeing. We'll make our way into the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, underneath the 17th Street Causeway, and down to Port Everglades, where we'll glide by the cruise ships docked at the world's largest cruise ship port. We'll then return back to our dock, sharing additional stories and sights as we go.
- Do we see manatee?
- We frequently do see manatee, but we cannot guarantee when and where they will show up. If our captain spots them, he'll do his best to call your attention to them. He will also maneuver the Carrie B in a safe and respectful manner to ensure they are not disturbed. We will often find them feeding on the leaves along the banks of the New River.
- How many people can be on the boat at one time?
- The Carrie B is licensed by the US Coast Guard to take up to 300 passengers at a time.
- Are food or drinks served during the cruise?
- Yes, there is a fully licensed bar that provides alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, plus light snacks such as hot dogs, popcorn, chips, pretzels, and candy. Frozen drinks are also available! Bring extra cash with you if you'd like to purchase something to eat or drink (prices range from $1.50 to $8.00).
- Can I bring my own food and beverages on board?
- Personal food and beverage items are not permitted on board, but there is a full bar with snacks available for purchase on board (bring extra cash with you).
- Can I bring alcohol on the boat?
- No personal alcoholic beverages are allowed on board.
- How much is a souvenir photo?
- As you board the Carrie B, a no-obligation photo will be taken of you and your party. At the end of the cruise, you're welcome to purchase the souvenir 5x7 photo and photo key chain for $10.
- Is it customary to tip the crew?
- Gratuities are entirely at the guests' discretion and are not required or expected. We will not solicit or mention tips while you are on board the Carrie B.
- Is seating assigned on the boat?
- No, seating is first come first served. There is more than enough room on board for you to get a great view either inside or outside!
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, we have enough life jackets for every passenger, but no one is required to wear them during the tour.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the Carrie B is wheelchair accessible. The gangway can be extended by ramps, and our crew would be happy to assist you with boarding. The upper level is not wheelchair accessible, but our lower level has an enclosed cabin that is very comfortable for your enjoyment. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know about your situation by clicking “Contact CarrieB”.
- Is smoking allowed?
- Yes, smoking is allowed on any outside area of the boat. Smokers are kindly asked to be mindful of their neighbors when smoking near other passengers.
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, there are two private restrooms on board for women, and one shared restroom for men.
- Is there heating on the boat during the winter months?
- Yes, the enclosed lower deck is heated during winter.
- Is the cruise suitable for pregnant women?
- Absolutely, the Carrie B only cruises in the protected waters of the Intracoastal Waterway and the New River of Fort Lauderdale. The ride is smooth, stable, and gentle.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- Yes, personal belongings (including luggage) can be stored on the lower level of the boat in the enclosed cabin.
- Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is not a problem, as our cruises operate on the protected waterways of the Intracoastal Waterway and New River of Fort Lauderdale. The ride is smooth and gentle!
- What else can I do around the meeting location?
- Shopping & dining are the highlights along Las Olas Blvd – Fort Lauderdale’s version of Rodeo Drive & Worth Avenue (Palm Beach). There is plenty to do before or after your cruise!
- What about parking?
- Metered street parking and garage parking behind the Cheesecake Factory are both viable options. You will receive more information upon purchasing your tickets.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, well behaved dogs are welcome to attend.
- Will there be souvenirs available for purchase?
- A souvenir photo (photo and key chain) will be available for purchase at the end of the cruise. There are no other souvenirs available on board, though you may find items for purchase in the shops of Las Olas Blvd.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make great gifts for any occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this cruise, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are private charters available?
- Yes, private charters are available. The Carrie B can host any special occasion from corporate outings to weddings! Please let us know what you’re interested in by clicking “Contact CarrieB to the left of the page.
- Are there special group rates available?
- Yes, groups of 20 adults or more will get $2 off each adult ticket! This is an automatic discount, so just type in the number of tickets you want and you will receive that deduction. Only one discount applies to each purchase; discounts may not be combined.
Carrie B Cruises
The Carrie B runs three daily narrated sightseeing cruises. They also offer a variety of private charter options, from corporate events to weddings! During the holiday season, the Carrie B also offers special evening holiday lights cruises.
"Downtown residents have named Carrie B Harbor Tours as the best place to entertain out-of-town guests. This is a great sightseeing cruise that highlights the best of Fort Lauderdale's waterways." -- The Official Magazine of Downtown Fort Lauderdale, March 2006