The Boomerang Buses have teamed up with Becky's Fund and the Mighty Pint to create one all-inclusive ticket. Please visit www.beckysfund.org for $125 tickets and information. Our schedule is below. Thank you!
9 AM - Check-in for All-Inclusive Guests at The Mighty Pint
10 AM - Buses leave and head to Gold Cup tents located on the South Rail, 206-209, in Warrenton, Virginia
5 PM - Buses leave from Gold Cup and head back to The Mighty Pint
A little history on the event:
The Virginia Gold Cup is a grand spring tradition as well as a fixture on the social calendar. Run in Fauquier County since 1922 and attended by over 45,000 spectators, this race is one of the largest and most popular sporting events in the greater Washington metropolitan area. Race day features seven hurdle and timber horses races, Jack Russell Terrier races, a parachute demonstration, and over 30 vendor booths for shopping!
See you there!
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- If Boomerang is running more than one bus when I want to go, how can I make sure I'll be on the same bus with my friends?
- If you are signing up with friends, we ask you to provide the approximate number of people you expect to sign up, and the name of the group "organizer," when you purchase your ticket(s). By providing this information, we will be able to assign you to the same bus as the rest of your group. Please keep in mind, however, that providing this information does not "reserve" your friend's space - we only ask for these details so that we can keep groups of friends together, and plan accordingly. Your friends' space is in no way reserved or guaranteed until they purchase their own tickets, and tours usually sells out quickly, so please tell them to book as soon as they can!
- Do I have to be over 21 years old?
- Riders on the Boomerang must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- What time will we leave Gold Cup?
- We plan to depart Gold Cup at about 5pm.
- Is there a dress code for the Gold Cup Horse Races?
- While there is no official dress requirement, we recommend dressing to impress. Most attendees will be wearing dresses or khakis as this is typically a more upscale, dressy casual event. There will also be a "Best Hat" contest, so be ready to show off your finest!
- What kind of food and drink will be available during the Gold Cup? Is it all included?
- Everything you need will be included in the price of the tickets. Boomerang riders will have access to an open bar and plenty of food. Think of it as a classy tailgating event, where you're sure to have a ton of fun and watch some exciting races.
- What happens if it rains?
- The event will take place rain or shine. Although this is an outdoor event, Boomerang riders will have large tents that provide plenty of protection from the elements.
- Who will be on board during the tour?
- On every trip there will be three employees of Boomerang Tours. There will be a licensed and experienced driver as well as two fun and outrageous party directors. Their job is to entertain you on and off the bus so that you have a great experience!
- Are there bathrooms on the Boomerang?
- There are no bathrooms on the Boomerang. The trip out to Gold Cup will be one hour and we can always stop on the way! Think of us like a limo : )
- Is the Boomerang heated and air conditioned?
- The Boomerang is heated in the colder months. It is not air conditioned, but our windows provide a great cool breeze!
- Can I drink on the bus?
- The Boomerang does not provide alcohol or any beverages on the bus. However, you will be able to consume alcohol you bring with you as long as you and every guest is 21 years of age. Please make sure to check state and local laws regarding the consumption and transportation of alcohol. You may NOT, however, bring your own alcohol into any of the clubs/bars or take drinks you have purchased inside of a bar back onto the bus. If you bring your own alcohol on the bus, it must stay on the bus. You cannot exit the bus with any alcohol in your posession. Please also keep in mind that the bus is often full and we will not be able to store much on the bus. (ie. coolers, bags) However, glass is NOT allowed on board the Boomerang Party Bus, for your safety.
- Can I bring food on the bus?
- With all the dancing and singing on the bus, more often then not rider’s food ends up on the floor or on other passenger’s laps. We have found that guests are much happier without food being present on the bus. Please keep in mind that once we arrive at the Gold Cup, Boomerang passengers will be treated to an open bar and complimentary food.
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- Yes, but please exercise care when deciding what to leave on board. Boomerang Tours is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- How long are we on the bus?
- Depending on traffic, the trip should take just over an hour.
- What will the after party be like? Can I bring friends who aren't on the tour?
- Yes! Boomerang riders can keep the party going as the bar stay open until 3am!
- Do I need to tip the driver and party directors?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we reserve the right to remove them or not allow them onto the bus. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- What about drinking and driving?
- One of the reasons we created Boomerang Tours was to provide a safe way for you to enjoy DC's nightlife without having to drive. Please help us by a) using the Metro, b) always use a designated driver, and c) be responsible with your drinking. Your safety and enjoyment are important to us.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this activity. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Bus Tours and Yacht Cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Unruly guests may be required to leave the tour.
- All participants are asked to drink responsibly. Boomerang reserves the right to remove anyone who becomes unruly or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees. Anyone removed will not be allowed back on the bus and will not receive a refund.
Along with the original Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, Boomerang's first entertainment offering, we also organize Entertainment Excursions, special events around the DC area.
Virginia's fame for great events combined with the hassle-free fun of riding the Boomerang makes for a unique way to see the region! So, sit back, relax and let us do the driving!