On this particularly invigorating trip, we will take you to:
- A chocolaterie with an undeniable modern European feel owned by a chef who studied across the pond. They reinvented sea salt caramels with gusto!
- A vintage shoppe where tradition is presented with a twist. They specialize in classical dark chocolates infused with liqueur and bold hot spices.
- A bakery where healthy is not just another word, but the selling point. They offer a fine range of treats free from the common allergens.
- A shop where rock’n’roll meets enlightenment. Funky molds are infused with a range of Zen-inspiring spirits.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and courses often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What is the minimum and maximum number of people on the tour?
- We have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 16 participants.
- What if the tour doesn't meet its minimum number of participants?
- If there are less than six people booked for any individual tour, the tour may be canceled. In this situation, you will be able to reschedule your tickets, subject to availability.
- Do you offer special prices for children?
- Because many of the shops we visit want to maintain a quiet ambiance for their clientèle, we ask you to refrain from bringing very young children. It is at your discretion whether you bring your child, however, we do not offer special child tickets.
- How much chocolate is served on the tour?
- All participants receive at least 2 samples of the finest chocolate at all locations. Many of our chocolatiers often provide surprise bonus tastings exclusive to New York Chocolate Tours.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
- Please let us know if anyone in your group has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergic to nuts etc.) when you purchase your tickets. As long as we know well enough in advance, we can sometimes accommodate your needs. Please keep in mind, however, that all of our tours consist entirely of chocolate tastings, so if you are lactose intolerant for example, there may not be any way for us to accommodate you.
- Are there kosher options on the tour?
- Unfortunately, we do not serve kosher chocolate on the tour.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour runs rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. But don't worry! Some of our best tours took place in less-than-perfect weather.
- How much walking is involved?
- You will be on your feet for about two hours. However, we walk at a very leisurely pace and most of the time is spent inside the chocolate shops.
- Are there any beverages served on the tour?
- We do not give you any beverages on the tour, but feel free to bring a bottle of water! There may be small tastings of wine on some tours.
- Are there bathrooms along the way?
- Yes, bathrooms are available at a few of the locations that we visit. If you need to stop, please let the tour guide know and we will try to accommodate you.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The upmarket stores typically visited on this tour include Bond Street Chocolate, Dessert Truck, Ronnie Sue's Chocolates, Bespoke Chocolates. The itinerary can change at any time without notice.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes! We offer private tours and we can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact NYChocoTours" link to inquire further about special groups rates.
- Can I purchase gift certificates?
- Yes! We offer gift vouchers. If you want to show your appreciation to your dedicated employees or surprise a dear friend on their birthday, our New York Chocolate Tour gift vouchers are the perfect choice. Please use the "Contact NYChocoTours" link to inquire further about it.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Unfortunately wheelchairs are not recommended on our tours.
Zoom Media & Productions
Our exclusive contact with the best chocolatiers out there helped us design a tour that would stir your senses combining a drop of fantasy, a dash of stylish adventure and a spoon full of great taste. We are not trying to be Willy Wonka, but we would like to share with you a wonderful experience in the world of chocolate.