This walking 3-hour shopping tour features:
- Trendy shops & unique boutiques
- Architecture and history
- A map of the area
- Advice on everything from how to make your outfit go from day to night, to what to wear to that all-important meeting, to how to look your very best each and every day!
Let our professional stylists advise you on what styles, cuts and colors are perfect for your body type and lifestyle needs!
What Is Not Included?
- How long will the tour last?
- The SoHo & NoLita tour is about 3 hours long. The size and pace of the group may make the tour a bit shorter or longer.
- How much of the tour will be spent shopping?
- The majority of the tour will be spent shopping. Of course we will have to walk from one store to another – during this time your guide will share information with you about the neighborhood and its history, architecture and gossip! You are welcome to return to your favorite shops after the tour and will be provided with a map in order to help you do so.
- Can teenagers come?
- Of course! We have had many teenagers on our tours and have tons of great places to take them.
- What ages is this best for?
- We feel that the tour is best suited for anyone over the age of 14. Children under 10 years old may come free (one child per adult please!) and do not need a ticket. Any attendee 10 years of age or greater needs to have a regular ticket purchased.
- Is the tour appropriate for men?
- Most of the places we visit are geared towards women’s apparel and accessories. Some stores do also sell men's clothing as well. Men are of course welcome to accompany their female friends or family members on the tour, but please keep in mind that the tour does not focus on items for men. Men, like all other guests, should still enjoy learning about the neighborhoods and enjoying the guided portion of the tour. All men must still have normal priced tickets purchased in order to attend.
- What if it's raining on the day of my tour?
- Our shopping tours go ahead as planned, rain or shine. (We will look for ways to keep you out of the rain as much as possible).
- Is transportation included?
- No, this is a walking tour so there will be a designated meeting point and transportation to and from this starting point is not included. This tour requires a significant amount of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Can I bring my own food and drink with me?
- Yes, because the tour is 3 hours long, we recommend that you bring any drinks and snacks that you will need with you. A bottle of water is recommended! (Alcohol is not allowed on the tour).
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- We do welcome guests in wheelchairs, but there are a few things to keep in mind as you are making a decision: first, we do ask that you bring someone with you who can help you whenever necessary. Also, though there are no stairs involved on the route, we will be traveling on old, cobblestone streets with curbs that could be difficult to navigate. Lastly, some of the stores we visit unfortunately may not have entrances that are wheelchair-accessible. Feel free to reach out to us via the “Contact ChicShopping” link should you have any additional questions.
- Can I bring a stroller on the tour?
- Although babies (and strollers) are not recommended, you are allowed to bring a stroller. Note that we will be traveling on old, cobblestone streets with curbs that might present minor difficulties for a stroller, and some of the stores we visit might have entrances that aren't easily accessible for a stroller. Also keep in mind that the tour is limited to one free child under 10 years of age per paying adult!
- What stores will we be shopping in?
- We visit shops that tend to specialize in women's clothing and accessories and are unique to the New York area. Prices will vary from store to store. Our guides will help determine the interests of the group and choose stores accordingly – please feel free to tell your guide of any specific shopping requests you may have so that we can do our best to incorporate those requests into our shopping route.
- Are there any places to stop and rest?
- Yes, a few of the shops will have seating available so you can take a break if you’d like. Please do expect a relatively active afternoon because there will be a lot of places to visit in a short amount of time! Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Should I tip my guide?
- Gratuities for your guide are greatly appreciated should you enjoy your experience.
- How many people are on the tour?
- We will take a maximum of 8 people on each tour in order to ensure personalized attention and a great tour experience for all.
- How do the tours work?
- Upon booking a tour, you will receive a confirmation email about where to meet and when, along with our contact information. On the date of the tour, we will meet at a specified location [usually near a metro station] and we will go by foot from there. Most tours are 3 hours in length, with an optional stop at a cafe in the middle of the tour.
- What if I am shopping for certain items?
- If you are looking for certain things, please pass on this information to your guide and they will do their best to include your requests on the tour. If you are looking for something really specific or are shopping for something that is not a part of our listed tours, we suggest you consider a custom tour.
- Do you sell gift certificates?
- Yes, Chic Shopping Tours does offer gift certificates both for our daily tours and our custom private tours. Please click on the "Contact ChicShopping" link and let us know what you're interested in, and someone will get back to you shortly!
- Do you offer private, custom tours?
- Yes! We offer custom tours for groups of up to 6 people, but also have the ability to do a private tour for much larger groups as well. Please click on the "Contact ChicShopping" link and let us know what you have in mind - someone will get back to you shortly!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 10 are free, one child per adult.
- Children under 10 years of age may attend the tour for free and do not need a ticket in order to attend. One child under 10 years of age per attending adult only, please.
Chic New York City Shopping Tours
Our team of professional stylists who serve as your guides will lead you to the hot-spots of SoHo & Nolita, show you the best of NYC Discount shopping, explore cool neighborhoods and find one-of-a-kind treasures in Manhattan’s East Village, or teach you how to top off any outfit with all the right accessories!
Chic Inspiration has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Yahoo News, Conde Nast Traveler, The Associated Press & Forbes Magazine.