**This is a special holiday-themed pub tour from Dec.1-31!
These are some of Charleston’s most fascinating pubs—the ones that most visitors would never even know about on their own!
Come join us and :
- Listen to true tales of bootleggers, ghosts, revolutionaries, presidents, and pirates who caroused the very streets on which you are walking.
- Get your healthy dose of Charleston’s history from the historic taverns and former speakeasies, to the rooftop pubs and breweries overlooking the magnificent harbor.
- Indulge yourself in southern treats such as Sweet Tea Vodka, Irish Nachos, Mint Juleps and Kolsh style craft brews!
So skip the long carriage lines and crowded tours with inexperienced guides, and come take an unforgettable tour, create lifelong memories, and take your vacation to the next level--a true Charleston experience!
All tours are for adults ages 21 and up only with valid ID.
What Is Not Included?
- How much food is provided on the tour for guests and what kind of appetizers?
- We provide light appetizers for each person on the tour to sample. Usually appetizers are provided at 1 or 2 pubs, out of the 3 to 5 total pubs we visit. It is not enough to spoil dinner, so there is no need to change your dinner reservations, if scheduled for after the tour. You will still have room to eat after the tour. The food on the tour usually consists of your typical "bar" food, such as chips and salsa, wings, Irish nachos, etc., and varies with each tour depending upon the pubs visited. If given advance notice, we can accommodate vegetarians, some food allergies, and other food requests, so please let us know ahead of time if any of these applies to you.
- What are your tour times and where do they depart?
- All walking tours depart from the Rainbow Market building on North Market Street. The Pub Tour is at 4pm and 7pm every day of the week. We do all tours by advance booking through Zerve, so please buy tickets online or call in advance to secure your spot on the tour. We can tailor tours and times for larger groups, so please contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link and we can assist you with your personal needs.
- Is it appropriate for children or those under 21?
- The Pub Tour is definitely not appropriate for children; only those who are 21 years old and older with a valid I.D. will be admitted into the establishments. Each of the pubs we visit has an age requirement to go inside.
- Where does the tour go and how long does it last?
- The Pub Tour is conducted throughout the heart of Charleston's Historic District. On average, we visit three to five historic pubs during the 2.5 hour tour; it depends on the timeliness of the group. We recommend you bring extra cash to avoid waiting on tabs to be closed out at each pub. If there’s a particular place you’d like to visit, please give any special requests upon making your reservation; we will do our best to accommodate the needs of everyone.
- What happens if it rains when my tour is scheduled?
- All tours operate as scheduled, rain or shine, so bring an umbrella or your rain gear with you if the forecast calls for rain. Our coastal weather systems vary quite a bit from those inland, even just a few miles away. Often times the precipitous clouds will dissipate when they hit the coast, resulting in very thin, patchy rain. The majority of the pub tour is conducted inside the pubs, but the total walking distance during the course of the tour is about 8 city blocks, so there is a small amount of time spent outside. The best thing to do is to come prepared just in case.
- Who is Lesesne Tour Company and what do they do?
- Lesesne Tour Company was founded in 2009 and specializes in historic pub crawls in Charleston, SC. We are proud to be a company who supports environmental sustainability by donating a portion of our profits to help fight global warming and promote eco-friendly practices.
- Are tours for bachelor/bachelorette parties available?
- Yes! If you are interested in having a bachelor/bachelorette party on the tour, please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire further.
- Are private tours or group tours available?
- Yes! Private tours of any length and virtually any group size are available for the Pub Tour. We specialize in group pub tours for birthdays, celebrations, and bachelor/bachelorette type pub crawls. We can cater to any of your needs for all of those occasions. Please click on the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- How much walking is there on the tour?
- We will walk a total of 8 city blocks, and the walking is not strenuous or uphill, although some of the sidewalk may be a bit uneven. We encourage our guests to watch their step during the tour in order to avoid tripping. We will sit down at all of the pub stops during the tour.
- How many pubs do we visit?
- On average, we visit 3-5 historic pubs during the 2.5 hour tour; it depends on the timeliness of the group.
- Do we get any discounts on drinks on the tour?
- Yes, each of the pubs give discounted drinks.
- How much money should I bring?
- Drinks at the pubs we will be visiting range from $2 to $6. Microbrews and craft brews are generally $5 each, whereas sweet tea vodka is $6. We highly recommend bringing cash so you can pay for your drinks upon ordering -- this enables us to visit all the establishments we have planned to visit during our limited time!
- What if I have food allergies?
- We will most likely be eating a few of the following appetizers in light-medium sized portions -- Irish Nachos (fried potatoes with ranch dressing, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, and bacon bits), Fish and Chips (fried cod fish, french fries, and coleslaw), Chips and Salsa, or Vegetable Quesadillas. If you have food allergies, please let your guide know at the start of the tour so they can make appropriate arrangements.
- Is the tour route handicapped accessible?
- Generally, the tour is not handicap accessible. However, some of the locations we visit are wheelchair accessible whereas others may be more difficult. Please do contact us via the "Contact LesesneTours" link to inquire about accessibility -- we may be able to alter the tour route to better accommodate you. But please contact us ahead of time to make sure this option is available.
- Do I tip the guide?
- Sure. Whatever you think is appropriate, just like with your favorite restaurant service staff; although, in this case, the staff is entertaining and enlightening the group for hours at a time!
- Will I get a confirmation number? How do I get my tickets?
- You will receive a confirmation number when you purchase tickets online or over the phone; please bring this number or your printed e-ticket with you when you arrive for your tour.
- Where do I park?
- Parking meters are numerous in the downtown area, though you may have to park a few blocks away to find one. They are free after 6:00pm and Sundays/Holidays. There are also several hourly parking garages and flat-rate parking lots in the immediate area. There is a parking garage located near the Rainbow Market building, on the corner of Church and Cumberland Streets; the entrance is on Cumberland Street right across from the Powder Magazine.
- Where does the tour finish?
- The ending point of the tour varies, but it is never more than a few blocks from our starting point. The tour guide is always happy to walk you back to the starting point if you would like.
- Are there discounts for groups?
- Yes, any groups of 10 or more people will automatically get $2 off per person.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes. If you're interested in a gift certificate, please let us know by clicking on the "Contact LesesneTours" link and someone will get back to you shortly.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All tour participants must be ages 21 and up.
- All tours are limited to participants ages 21 and up because of age policies at the pubs we will be visiting. Please make sure to bring valid government issued identification with you.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Please do not plan to drive if you are going to be drinking alcohol. We reserve the right to dismiss any person from the tour who does not act responsibly in any way while on the tour. Please, be safe and responsible! We want you to enjoy your time with us.
Lesesne Tour Company, LLC
The company is owned by a Charleston native who, not only, is an experienced tour guide, but also an and avid micro-brewer with a great appreciation for hand crafted beer. Featured in both the Wall Street Journal and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Original Pub Tour of Charleston includes some of Charleston’s most fascinating pubs—local places that are hard to find if you don’t know where to go.