Each tour will visit a mix of culturally significant and neighborhood pizzerias, enjoying a full serving at each restaurant.† We make sure that all 4 pizzerias visited are very different in taste and style to ensure the ultimate dining experience.†
Some restaurants even give us the "backstage pass" into their kitchens to check out their ovens, ingredients, and overall process.† Stops vary from day to day but rest assured every place selected has a dynamite slice and a friendly atmosphere.† Make sure you're ready to eat like a local as we show you that magnificent pizza spans more than a mile when you get on Dough Force One our pizza bus.
What people are saying...
"What's not to love!" - ABC
"One of the best unique tours in Chicago" - CBS
"Chicago Pizza Tours kicks its own pizza butt!" - NBC
All Tastings Are Included In The Price
This tour serves as a meal replacement, you receive a full slice at each restaurant.
What Is Not Included?
- Beverages other than water - feel free to purchase anything else you would like to drink from the restaurants' bars.
- Commemorative photos - please be sure to bring your cameras and take lots of pictures.† If you email them to us, we'll load them to our gallery!
- Parking at the starting location - There are many downtown parking garages available in the area including 55 W. Monroe, Millennium Park, and Grant Park.
- Will beverages be provided?
- Water will be provided at each restaurant. If you'd like any additional beverages, feel free to purchase them from the restaurants. Remember to bring extra money with you! Please note that you are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onto the bus.
- How many pizzerias do we visit and how much pizza do we get?
- The tour features 4 pizzerias and you will have a slice at each pizzeria, so bring your appetite.
- Can children come?
- Of course! Children are welcome to attend. Any kids ages 3 and up must have a regular ticket and occupy their own seat on the bus. Children who are under 3 and will not be participating in the tastings can share a seat with an adult and do not need a ticket in order to attend.
- What if Iím late?
- You might miss the tour! We leave right on time, and to be fair to the whole group, we cannot wait for late arrivals. If you are not familiar with the meeting location area, please make sure to leave plenty of time to find it. Refunds cannot be provided.
- How long is the tour?
- The tour is approximately 3 hours but could go for up to 3.5 hours - please factor this into your schedule!
- What if the weather is bad?
- Weather won't stop our tour, it goes on rain or shine! You'll be comfortable on our bus year round!
- Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour starts at Pizano's Pizza & Pasta: In the Loop near the corner of E Madison St and Wabash Ave, and ends about a mile away at Gino's East in the River North neighborhood. You will be able to either stay around Gino's or ride the bus back to Pizano's if you like. Further directions will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- What toppings are on the pizzas?
- We plan to provide the signature style of each location, but when ordering your tickets, be sure to tell us your favorite topping!
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- We ask that you please let us know about any dietary restrictions you have upon purchasing your tickets. If you are worried that your restrictions might result in you not being able to participate in any tastings, please do contact us before purchasing by clicking on the "Contact ChicagoPizza" link so we can discuss your options. We will do our best to accommodate any restrictions you have.
- What should I bring?
- We recommend bringing a camera, maybe a bottle of water and definitely your appetite. Water will be served at each restaurant but you are welcome to purchase additional beverages if you'd like - remember to bring extra money with you if you'd like to do so.
- How did you select the locations?
- Just trust me on this one ;-)
- Will we only be eating deep dish?
- While that is Chicago's signature style and it is featured on the tour, you'll also be trying a delicious Neapolitan style, stuffed version, artisanal and crispy thin crust tavern style.
- Who is this tour appropriate for?
- Anyone who wants to taste a variety of Chicago's best pizzas while seeing several of Chicago's neighborhoods comfortable from our bus.
- What if I need to use the restroom?
- You may use the restroom at any of the pizzerias.
- How large is a tour group?
- Tours take out a maximum of 15 people.
- How long are we at each pizzeria?
- Approximately 30 minutes.
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- The bus driver will stay on board the bus while we are visiting different pizzerias, but we ask that you please do not leave any valuables on the bus.
- May I tip?
- We tip the restaurant servers, tour guides & drivers welcome tips at your discretion.
- Is parking available?
- Yes, there are many downtown parking garages available near our starting point, including 55 E. Monroe, Millennium Park & Grant Park.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Email email@example.com for details concerning a private tour.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for both The Original Chicago Pizza Tour and The Pizza & Cocktail Tour and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children ages 2 and up must have a ticket and their own seat on the bus.
- Children ages 2 and up must have a standard priced ticket in order to attend. They also will be given their own seat on the bus. Any children under the age of 2 that will not be participating in the tastings may share a seat with an adult and do not need a ticket to attend.
Chicago Pizza Tours
Growing up, Jon and his closest friends were fortunate to have parents that were passionate about pizza.† They were allowed to take the train downtown as long as they promised to head right to the pizzerias and bring home a few slices!† After college, Jon and those same friends moved downtown and lived in several different neighborhoods, tasting several different pizzerias. Sure they hit up the usuals but they found the hidden gems as well.† It got to the point where they became obsessed with finding the best pizza in Chicago! (hint: it is a journey that never ends...)
In 2008 while living in Printer's Row, Jon got to work selecting what he felt would give an amazing culinary experience tasting all types of pizza in Chicago.† After much behind the scenes work & marketing Chicago Pizza Tours was ready to ride on Dough Force One in May 2010.
"One of my favorite things is when friends come to visit Chicago & I bring them out to a joint that I know will knock their socks off.† Just seeing their reaction when they dig on a slice of pizza from a pizzeria I brought them to brings a rush of pride & puts a smile on my face!† I truly feel blessed that now I can do this as a career and I always promise to provide the best tour experience to my patrons."
- Jon, Owner of Chicago Pizza Tours