This tour will bring you to 5 great eateries, including:
- A great café for a fun and uber trendy treat—bubble tea
- A Thai restaurant for a helping of a classic and delicious noodle dish
- A retro bowling alley like nothing you've seen before for a nostalgic favorite--Spanish Tots.
- A popular neighborhood hangout for a Tex-Mex delight--Homemade pickle chips and chips and salsa.
- A fantastic neighborhood bake shop for a sweet treat
Content and Schedule subject to change. In rare circumstances, tour may be cancelled due to low attendance.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuities are not included in the ticket price, but are greatly appreciated.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance to guarantee your spots. Tours sell out quickly! Tickets can be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- We are happy to accommodate vegetarians, dietary restrictions, and special needs. Please make a note when purchasing tour tickets. We'll do everything we can to arrange substitutes for you. City Food Tours and event participants are responsible for all the food and beverages they consume. If you have any allergies or concerns about ingredients please ask your guide or event leader before consuming anything.
- Are children allowed on the tour?
- Children under 14 years of age are not permitted. All participants, regardless of age, must have a ticket to attend the tour.
- If this trip is sold out can I get on a waiting list?
- Unfortunately there are no waiting lists for the tours. Please check another date/time for availability.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tour will take place in all light weather conditions. In rare circumstances such as a heavy snow storm, a hurricane, or other extreme weather and the tour venues can't open, the tour will be canceled. All you would have to do is rebook your tour.
- What places will we go on the tour?
- We will be visiting family-owned restaurants and cafes specializing in delicious, handmade foods. We'll keep you off the tourist beat and introduce you to some of Philly's hidden gems. Please see tour description for more details.
- How much food will I eat on the tour?
- Plenty. You'll be visiting 5 restaurants and cafes to taste a variety of foods including bubble tea, hushpuppies, fried green tomatoes, mac and cheese, tater tots, and cupcakes.
- Will I be able to drink anything on the tour?
- Yes! This tour includes tastings of bubble tea and beer. Water will be provided at some of the locations. Please feel free to bring a water bottle, too.
- Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
- The walking on the tour will cover less than 1.5 miles and will be less than 30 minutes total. We will walk at a very leisurely pace, and include several stops.
- Will I learn about Philadelphia on this tour?
- Yes. Our guides have lived in Philly for years! They will incorporate fun facts about Northern Liberties and point out interesting architecture and other neighborhood highlights.
- I'm from the Philly area. Is the tour still good for me?
- Absolutely! On our tours you will explore hidden places that you probably don't know about, have the opportunity to meet food experts, and learn many new things about food. You will see some of the coolest spots in the city and experience your hometown in a totally new way.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- All stops on this tour are wheelchair accessible. Please click "Contact PhillyFoods" to let us know that someone in a wheelchair will be on the tour.
- Do you have private tours?
- Yes, we do offer private tours. Please click "Contact PhillyFoods" to the left of the page to request more information.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Absolutely! Please click "Contact PhillyFoods" to request more information.
City Food Tours & Events
Robert was co-owner of the acclaimed restaurant, Beyond Measure, and graduated from the New York Restaurant School. He has lived in Philadelphia for 23 years and has been quoted on radio and in magazines throughout the area.
Eric has lived in the city since 1996 and has extensive teaching and tour-guide experience. He also completed a number of culinary classes at The Philadelphia Restaurant School.