Your adventure will begin at the Newburgh Landing in Newburgh, NY. Your captain will narrate the sights along the way, including:
- Washington's Headquarters - established as a historic site in 1850 because George Washington spent so much time here during the Revolutionary War!
- Mount Beacon - the highest point between the Catskills and the Atlantic Ocean. Beacon fires were built here during the Revolutionary War.
- Bannerman Island - this historic Island is known for its warehouse, built to resemble a Scottish Castle.
- Breakneck Mountain - legend has it that the mountain was named for a farmer's bull that fell down the cliff and broke its neck . A granite quarry at its base supplied material for the towers of the Brooklyn Bridge, the base of the Statue of Liberty, and sidewalks in New York City.
- Cold Spring - a quaint town known for its restaurants and antiques.
- World's End - the deepest point of the Hudson River. Explorers believed that the river stopped there, but eventually realized that after the sharp “S” bend it continued
- Constitution Island - during the Revolutionary War, chains were run from here to West Point.
- West Point - the United States Military Academy at West Point boasts beautiful & historic buildings including Eisenhower Hall, their chapel, field house, & more.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended, as cruises may sell out. To be sure you are able to purchase tickets for the cruise date & time you prefer, we suggest you purchase tickets early.
- Does the Pride of the Hudson cruise in the rain?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson will run rain or shine. The main deck is fully enclosed and climate controlled, so guests can cruise in comfort while enjoying the panorama of the Hudson River through huge wrap-around windows. In the event of severe weather we would have to cancel and you would be given the opportunity to reschedule for another cruise date.
- Can I combine discounts?
- The Pride of the Hudson occasionally runs promotions and offers discounts. You are welcome to use any discounts offered upon ticket purchase, however discounts may not be combined.
- Are the Pride of the Hudson's sightseeing cruises good for kids?
- We welcome children aboard the Pride of the Hudson for our sightseeing cruises! A reduced ticket price of $18 is offered for children ages 4-11. Children 3 and under cruise for free, but they must have a $0 ticket to board. The Pride of the Hudson is safe for children. We do require that children are supervised while on board.
- Where do we go & what do we see on a Narrated Sightseeing Cruise?
- The Pride of the Hudson's Narrated Sightseeing Cruises depart from the Newburgh Landing and head South on the Hudson River. As the Pride cruises south along the Hudson River you will see sites such as Washington's Headquarters, Bannerman Island, the Catskill Water Aqueduct, Storm King Mountain, Cold Spring, and West Point. You will hear a narration of the sites as we pass. On our return trip North, you can get a second view of most of the sites.
- How many passengers will the Pride of the Hudson hold?
- The Pride of the Hudson will take up to 130 passengers on each cruise.
- Are food or drinks served during the cruises?
- Yes, we have a bar/snack bar that sells alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks. These items include frozen daiquiris, beer, wine, soda, water, coffee, hot dogs, nachos and cheese, chips, candy and more! Prices range from $.50 to $5 for snacks, and beverages start at $1.25. Souvenirs such as post cards, photographs, and magnets are also available for purchase.
- Can I bring food or drinks aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- You may not bring alcohol aboard the Pride of the Hudson. You may bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages such as water, juice, & soda on board.
- Is is customary to tip the crew?
- Gratuities are completely at the guests' discretion. They are appreciated but will not be solicited aboard.
- Is there assigned seating aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- No. Seating availability is on a first come first served basis. The Pride of the Hudson has tables and chairs on both the top and main decks. Benches are available on the bow.
- Is smoking allowed on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Smoking is allowed aboard the Pride of the Hudson in certain areas. Guests cannot smoke in the main deck. Guests can smoke on the top deck and bow area.
- Will I get seasick?
- Seasickness is very rare on our cruises since we travel on the river and experience almost no rocking. Our vessels are very stable and we will only be about a half a mile offshore for the duration of the cruise. Should you be particularly prone to motion sickness, feel free to take your own preventative measures beforehand (Dramamine will not be available for sale on board).
- Is the boat handicapped accessible?
- Unfortunately the boat is not formally wheelchair accessible. We do welcome fold-able wheelchairs on board but passengers must be able to board the boat via the gangway (wheelchairs won't fit on the gangway, but anyone who can board with assistance should have no problem). Any passenger with a walker should not have a problem. Note that the restrooms on board are not wheelchair accessible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Are pets allowed?
- Unfortunately all pets other than service dogs are not allowed on the cruise. If you need to bring a service dog, please let us know in a "Message to the Seller" upon purchasing your tickets.
- Are there life jackets on board?
- Yes, the Pride has life jackets available for all passengers; however, you are not required to wear them on board.
- Are there any restaurants near the dock?
- There are several restaurants in walking distance from the dock. If you are planning to dine prior to the cruise, please leave ample time to dine prior to boarding the Pride.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Are private charters available on the Pride of the Hudson?
- Yes! The Pride of the Hudson is a wonderful place to host your next event. From family outings to weddings to corporate events, we will help you plan every detail for an event you will never forget. Please let us know what type of event you are planning via the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
- Do you do field trips for schools aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- Of course! The Pride of the Hudson cruises through an historic part of the river and is perfect for all ages of students! If our regular schedule does not fit into your time constraints, we are happy to schedule a cruise to fit into the school day! We have activity sheets that can either be worked into a class curriculum prior to the cruise or can be completed aboard. For elementary level students, we also have a Junior Historian or Junior Deckhand certificate that can be earned aboard. For more information about field trips, please "Contact HRAdventure" directly.
- Can Scout Groups come aboard the Pride of the Hudson?
- Of course! Both girl scouts and boy scouts can have an amazing time aboard. A cruise aboard the Pride of the Hudson will prove to be both educational and fun for all. Badge programs are available. For more information about the badge programs, please click on the "Contact HRAdventure" link.
Hudson River Adventures
We are a seasonal business with a well trained crew that returns every year. We are members of the Orange County, Dutchess County and New Paltz Chambers of Commerce. We are also members of the Passenger Vessel Association and attend annual meetings to keep ourselves and our equipment up to date.
The Pride of the Hudson is a large dinner cruise boat ranked number one by Hudson Valley Magazine's "Best Cruises" in years past. We put care into delivering the best quality trip possible and pride ourselves on making sure every passenger that steps aboard has a memorable experience.