On this guided, narrated walking tour, you will experience and learn about the significance of the small town once separated from Baltimore. During the tour, you will stop to sample specially made dishes at unique family owned restaurants.
After finishing, you will be able to truly appreciate the heritage, history, and local food of the area.
Your culinary adventure may include the following specialties:
- Authentic Polish and Eastern European cuisine
- Baltimore's ingigenous hot dog
- Traditional Baltimore style pit beef
- Local seafood specialties
- The neighborhoods best dessert and coctail combination
Experience Baltimore's storied past!
Join us as we bring you through a town of narrow rowhouses, cobbled streets, and fantastic local cuisine, encapsulating three centuries worth of charm. See what makes this former port town so unique and delicious.
All dishes served are included in the tour. Enough food is served that for most participants, dinner afterward will not be needed. Seating and special service is provided at all restaurants throughout the tour.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out quickly ahead of time. To maximize your chances of getting your desired day, time, and number of tickets, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, AMEX, or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we will add an additional tour. Please contact us by clicking the "Contact DCFoodTours" link to let us know what date you are interested in. We may provide additional tours once a tour is close to being sold out. The maximum number of people per tour group is 12.
- What about taking children on the tour?
- Children are welcome on the tour. It should be noted, however, that the tour is 3.5 hours long. Some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Parents, who know their children best, should assess the situation on a case by case basis. Since there is a lot of standing and walking, please consider this when deciding whether the tour is appropriate for your child.
- If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- If you are bringing children below the age of 7 and they will not be participating in the tastings (or will share with you!), you do not need to purchase tickets for them. However, please do let us know if you will be attending with an infant or young child when you purchase tickets.
- Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
- Gratuities are always appreciated, although not mandatory.
- Do we just walk around and sample food?
- Our Food Tours provide history, architecture, culture, and local cuisine. We enjoy food at a number of restaurants throughout each Food Tour in the form of either specially plated dishes, or family style meals, depending on the type of food at each restaurant.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
- The tours are held rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, we will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. We will not be outdoors for the entire tour. You should still dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. Cameras and filming are allowed during the tour. We strongly encourage participants to take photos throughout the tour.
- Is there parking nearby the tour meeting point?
- Yes, there is a parking garage located near the meeting point. Specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions after purchasing ticket(s).
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all tours and make an ideal gift for birthdays, holidays, or any occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Contact DCFoodTours" link to make a request.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. To learn more about booking a Private Group Tour, please click on the "Contact DCFoodTours" link.
- Are beverages served on the tour?
- Water is served at each stop on the tour. Alcohol may or may not be included on the tour.
DC Metro Food Tours
We want to give you a different perspective of the neighborhoods located in and around historic Baltimore. After taking our food tours, you will have an appreciation of indigenous, long standing, as well as new, progressive cuisine in the Baltimore area.
Charm City Foods was created by Food Tour Corporation, the parent company of DC Metro Food Tours.