Start off in the neighborhoods with the locals and some of the best pizza, paired with cocktails and fun. The tour includes a full slice of pizza and a wine or beer at each of the stops Jon has selected. Red wine, white wine, or maybe even a microbrew... whatever your preference for pairing with each unique style of pizza is all fair game.
You'll get dinner and drinks at 4 of the best local pizzerias, with 5 types of pizza and transportation provided via Dough Force One with a Karaoke machine on board! Who's ready for some fun?!
*Must be 21 or older to attend. Must have valid ID
"I designed this tour for people that like to have a good time - a really good time!"
- Jon Porter
What people are saying...
"What's not to love!" - ABC
"One of the best unique tours in Chicago" - CBS
"Chicago Pizza Tours kicks its own pizza butt!" - NBC
All Tastings Are Included In The Price
This tour serves as a meal replacement, you receive a full slice & beverage at each restaurant.
What Is Not Included?
- Do I need proof of age?
- Absolutely, Chicago is very strict about checking identification for people consuming alcoholic beverages. The minimum age for this event is 21 years old.
- Can children come?
- No, this is a 21 and over tour and IDs will be checked by every restaurant.
- Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour starts in the South Loop and ends in downtown Chicago near Millennium Park. Transportation back to the starting location will can be provided, please let your guide know early so that they can inform the driver. A tip for the driver would be appreciated for this extra service.
- How many pizzerias do we visit and how much pizza do we get?
- The tour features 4 pizzerias and 5 types of pizza. At the last stop we sample both Chicago thin crust and deep dish.
- Will beverages be provided?
- Yes, 4 cocktails will be provided, as well as water. You may purchase additional beverages at the restaurants if you'd like - make sure to bring extra money with you! Please note that you must be 21 or older with valid ID or restaurants will not serve you the cocktails.
- Can we bring our own drinks for the bus ride?
- Absolutely not, we will not be in the bus very long but while we are on the bus we will be cocktail free.
- What toppings are on the pizzas?
- We feature each restaurant's specialty pizza, in this case the toppings are neutral at the first stop and we will get a consensus among the group for the next 2 stops.
- How long is the tour?
- 3.5 - 4 hours
- How large is a tour group?
- Tours take out a maximum of 16 people.
- How did you select the locations?
- Just trust me on this one ;-)
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
- We ask that you please let us know about any dietary restrictions you have upon purchasing your tickets. If you are worried that your restrictions might result in you not being able to participate in any tastings, please do contact us before purchasing by clicking on the "Contact ChicagoPizza" link so we can discuss your options. We will do our best to accommodate any restrictions you have.
- What should I bring?
- We recommend bringing valid ID, a camera, and definitely your appetite. Water and a cocktail will be served at each restaurant but you are welcome to purchase additional beverages if you'd like - remember to bring extra money with you if you'd like to do so.
- Will we only be eating deep dish?
- No, this tour focuses on "neighborhood" pizzas and only our last stop will serve us deep dish.
- Who is this tour appropriate for?
- Anyone over the age of 21 that enjoys pizza & cocktails
- What if I need to use the restroom?
- You may use the restroom at any of the pizzerias.
- How long are we at each pizzeria?
- We will stay at each pizzeria for approximately 30-45 minutes, the last stop on the tour is open until 2:00am so that one is at your discretion.
- Can I leave my belongings on the bus?
- The bus driver will stay on board the bus while we are visiting different pizzerias, but we ask that you please do not leave any valuables on the bus.
- May I tip?
- We take care of the restaurant servers, our tour guides & driver welcome tips at your discretion.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Private tours for up to 15 are available, as well as step-on guide service and larger vehicle tours for larger groups. Just contact us by clicking on the "Contact ChicagoPizza" link!
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for both The Original Chicago Pizza Tour and The Pizza & Cocktail Tour and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- What if the weather is bad?
- Weather won't stop our tour, it goes on rain or shine! You'll be comfortable on our bus year round!
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over with valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID. Each establishment will be asking for ID from tour participants, and refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
Chicago Pizza Tours
Jon has lived in several different Chicago neighborhoods and knows them inside and out. He will make sure that your tour, whether you are visiting or local, will have you eating and drinking like a regular at each stop.