One discounted ticket will guarantee you a spot on the New York TV and Movie Sites tour (3.5 hours) AND entitle you to an all-access pass to Madame Tussauds! This combo package includes:
1) A ticket for On Location Tours' bus tour - the New York TV and Movie Sites tour!
Your guide will entertain you as you visit over 40 locations around Manhattan from your favorite shows, including:
- The apartment building where the Friends live
- The restaurant featured in Enchanted and When Harry Met Sally
- The firehouse used in Ghostbusters
- New locations from I am Legend, Hitch, The Apprentice and Ugly Betty
2) All-access pass to Madame Tussauds New York
- Entrance to the attraction, with “fast track ticket access” (voucher holders receive VIP access) featuring over 220 life-like wax figures of the world’s most fascinating celebrities and historical figures.
- SCREAM! – Scare yourself silly with the dark side of Madame Tussauds in SCREAM, our live-actor filled attraction.
- Marvel Super Heroes 4D Experience – Unlock your powers alongside figures of Thor, Captain America, Spider-man, Iron Man and the Hulk. Also included is the Cinema 4D experience, a short 3D film with thrilling 4D special effects from water and wind to tremors, making you ‘feel’ like part of the action!
- Authentic History Exhibit: Celebrate the extraordinary legacy of Madame Tussaud in this exciting new interactive exhibit that uncovers the secrets of her incredibly realistic artistry and at times, dark history. Go behind the scenes to learn about the fascinating and complex creation of our lifelike wax figures using methods that hardly differ from those used by Madame Tussaud herself!
- -----------------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COMBO-----------------------------
- How does the Combo Tour work?
- When you purchase your tickets for the Combo: New York TV/Movie Sites + Madame Tussauds, your space will be guaranteed on the TV and Movie Sites tour for the date and time for which you bought tickets, and your purchase will also entitle you to an all-access pass to Madame Tussauds. You may use the all-access pass to Madame Tussauds on any day or time of your choosing (either before or after your bus tour).
- What is the difference between the Combo Tour and the regular New York TV and Movie Tour?
- The Combo Tour includes a ticket for the New York TV and Movie Sites bus tour AND also entitles you to an all-access pass to Madame Tussauds. All for one, reduced, package price. After you purchase these combo tickets, you will be guaranteed on the TV and Movie Sites bus tour for the date and time for which you bought tickets. You can use your all-access pass to Madame Tussauds on any day or time you choose. (If you decide that the standalone New York TV and Movie Sites Bus Tour is a better fit for you, you can get information and purchase tickets for it at www.zerve.com/OnLocation/TVTour.)
- How far in advance should I buy my tickets?
- To receive the reduced, discounted Combo Tour price you must purchase your tickets no later than 3 days (72 hours) before the New York TV and Movie Sites Tour that you would like to attend. However, the New York TV and Movie Sites Tour does sell out well in advance, so as soon as you are sure of the time and date you'd like to go on the TV and Movie Tour, you should buy your Combo Tour tickets. (If it is already less than 3 days from when you would like to take the New York TV and Movie Sites Tour, you can still book this as a standalone tour, you are just no longer able to book it in combination with the Madame Tussauds component.)
- Are there any further discounts available for the Combo Tour package?
- No. Since this combo tour package is already significantly discounted from the price you would pay if you bought the two tours separately, no further discounting of any kind is available for this specially priced package.
- Can I book a private version of the Combo Tour?
- No. Private versions of the Combo Tour are not available. You may, however, book a private version of the standalone New York TV and Movie Sites bus tour by contacting On Location Tours directly. To do so, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- ------QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BUS TOUR PORTION OF THE COMBO------
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- If a child is age 5 or younger and will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a Child ticket. Note that children 3 and under receive free entrance into Madame Tussauds, but children ages 4 and 5 must have a reduced priced ticket obtained for them upon arrival.
- Where does the tour end?
- The bus tour usually ends at 55th street between 7th and 8th Avenues.
- Are we on the bus the whole tour?
- Absolutely not. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are spread out all around Manhattan. But we get off the bus at a number of locations along the way, giving you the opportunity to experience the locations and take pictures. Whenever you leave the bus, it is with the tour guide. The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off the bus to explore, all woven into the story of how they relate to the TV shows and movies that have portrayed them.
- What exact locations do we visit?
- The exact itinerary and route of the tour varies somewhat from tour to tour, so we can't say ahead of time exactly which locations will be visited on a specific tour.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour is visiting real-life locations all around Manhattan, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, store hours, etc. On Location Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for: traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour?
- Yes. The tour travels through much of Manhattan while highlighting the specific TV and movie locations that are the tour's focus. As a result, families and friends often find this tour an ideal way to tour the city. While the tour does not visit such Manhattan landmarks as the Statue of Liberty or Empire State Building, you will be visiting neighborhoods such as Greenwich Village, Chelsea, the Upper West Side and the East Village.
- Are food and drink included on the tour? Can I bring my own?
- No food or drinks are served on the tour besides maybe a light snack, but you can feel free to bring something of your own if it is neat and you're sure to remove all garbage from the bus at the end of the tour. Alcohol is completely prohibited on the bus.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the Manhattan TV and Movie tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- Seating is on a first come, first serve basis. If you have a number of people in your party who want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive at least 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Almost all of the buses used on the Manhattan TV and Movie Tour have bathrooms.
- Are the buses handicapped accessible?
- Yes, but you need to contact On Location Tours directly before booking your tickets to arrange a wheelchair accessible bus, if needed. To do this, please click “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page. Most buses are equipped with on-board restrooms. Buses are not equipped with lap or shoulder belts or harnesses. We are committed to providing accessible tours to persons with disabilities and are able to provide accessible vehicles for passengers with mobility impairments. Notice of the need for an accessible vehicle at least 24 hours in advance is strongly recommended so as to guarantee the timely provision of an accessible vehicle. The wheelchair lifts can accommodate up to approximately 600 pounds total. However, If you will be using a fold-up wheelchair and will be traveling with someone who can provide assistance on and off the bus, you do not need to inform us ahead of time as all of our buses have room in the luggage compartment to store it.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our numerous stops along the way.
- Can I take a stroller or luggage on the tour?
- The Manhattan TV and Movie Tour is conducted on a coach bus, so limited storage space is available. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 15-20 minutes each where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- While gift certificates are not available for this combo tour, gift certificates are available for all of On Location Tours' flagship tours including the New York TV & Movie Sites tour. These make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for any activity, please click on the "List of All Activities" link on the left and select an activity.
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other TV and movie fans that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking on the "Contact OnLocation" link.
- --------------------QUESTIONS ABOUT MADAME TUSSAUDS--------------------
- What does the All Access Pass include?
- Your All Access Pass to Madame Tussauds will lead you to over 220 life-like wax figures of famous cultural icons, a live interactive scare experience with "SCREAM!," the Cinema 4D Experience and the newly revamped VIP room.
- How much time do I need to explore Madame Tussauds?
- The estimated duration of a visit to Madame Tussauds New York is 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Where is Madame Tussauds New York located?
- Madame Tussauds New York is located at 234 West 42nd Street (between 7th and 8th Avenues) in the heart of Times Square. Closest subway transportation: 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R, Q, W, S to Times Square, A, C, E to Port Authority or the B, D, F, V to 6th Avenue and 42nd Street.
- What are the operational hours for Madame Tussauds?
- Madame Tussauds is open 365 days a year. The operational hours are: Sunday – Thursday: 10am – 8pm and Friday & Saturday: 10am – 10pm.
- Is Madame Tussauds wheelchair accessible?
- Madame Tussauds New York is handicapped accessible. Please ask any host for assistance with elevators or getting around the attraction. Wheelchairs are available upon request at the box office on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- For the bus tour portion, tickets are only valid for the date and time you selected during purchase.
- Your tickets for the New York TV and Movie Sites bus tour portion of your combo package will only be valid for the date and time you have selected. Attendance at any other time will not be allowed with these tickets.
- Policy on Children
- Children ages 3 and under receive free entrance into Madame Tussauds. Children ages 5 and under can take the NY TV & Movie Sites tour for free, as long as they share a seat with an adult (if a seat is required, you will need to purchase a Child ticket). If you have children ages 4 or 5 who will sit on an adult's lap on the bus, it is cheapest to buy their tickets for Madame Tussauds upon arrival.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.