This annual celebration will end with a bang! Colorful fireworks soar in the sky of New York City Harbor just off pier 54 after the "Pride Dance." Exhale your "ohs and ahs" and watch as these electric volcanoes burst and fountains of sparkles fade into the open air above you as you glide through their reflections on the water.
Some illuminated views along the way will include:
- A gorgeous display of fireworks
- The New York City skyline
- Battery Park, a 20-acre park at the southern tip of Manhattan, where artillery has been stationed over the centuries
- Ellis Island, the immigrant doorway to America from 1892 to 1954
- The Statue of Liberty, a French gift that arrived in New York harbor in 1885 and has come to represent our nation's freedom and ideals
Climb aboard the Catskill and experience the city's beauty and elegance under a sparkling sky.
What Is Not Included?
Gratuity is not included in the price of your sail. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted shortly after purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Will this cruise sell out?
- Cruises often do sell out. Check the website or call the week of the date you would like to attend to check availability for public trips and to book as early as possible.
- What happens if the cruise is sold out?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a wait-list for our cruises, so please book well in advance. However, if you find the cruise you are looking for is full, you should also check out our calendar for great alternatives!
- When are the fireworks?
- Fireworks will be shot off some time between 9:30 and 10:30. We will be staying out until the show is over - even if we are a little late coming back.
- What exactly is the Pride Dance?
- The Pride Dance is a fun party with music and dancing that takes place at Pier 54 highlighting the end of the Gay Pride Celebration. The fireworks sail is the perfect way to cap off your evening after the dance!
- I am not gay, but I support gay rights – is this cruise right for me?
- Yes! We welcome passengers of all orientations and walks of life on this cruise!
- Is there parking and how much is it?
- There is parking on all the piers at Chelsea Piers. You must be south-bound on the West Side Hwy in order to access the turn-in for parking on Piers 61, 60, and 59. Up to 3 hours of parking is $22, and up to 4 hours is $32.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- There is only one ticket class for this event. All attending souls much purchase a ticket in order to board. There are no "free" infant tickets available for this cruise.
- Why is the Fireworks Crusie not regularly scheduled?
- Fireworks are done by companies here in NYC - They pick the day of their celebration, which dictates when we can run the cruise.
- What exactly do we see on the cruise?
- You will see a beautiful display of Fireworks out in New York Harbor.Prior to the event, we do try to follow the following route: heading south from Chelsea Piers and down the Hudson River to Battery Park, a pass by Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Then a crossing over to Brooklyn to make a pass under the Brooklyn & Manhattan Bridge, prior to heading to Pier 54 for the Fireworks!
- Is food served during the cruise?
- Food is not served on the Fireworks Cruise, although drinks are included. Feel free to bring a small picnic if you like.
- How about drinks? Should I bring those?
- No, it is illegal for you to bring alcohol of your own on board. Our Fireworks cruise includes complimentary champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and water, and we therefore ask that you do not bring your own drinks on your sail. (One quick note: we will serve a few rounds, but it is not an unlimited booze-cruise. We aim to create an elegant, relaxing, peaceful, and safe experience for all of our guests.)
- How steady is the cruise? Am I likely to get seasick?
- The Catskill is rather steady for her size. It is very rare for our guests to become seasick. While most people do not experience any sea sickness aboard, but you may want to consider light medication if you normally take it for motion sickness. We cannot officially advise you to take any medication, however.
- Is there a bathroom on the boat?
- Yes, the boats are equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times.
- Is there an age limit for this cruise?
- While there is no age limit for the cruise, all attendees under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Can I stow anything (eg, my briefcase) during the sail?
- There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded, so we cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items. But we have not had any problems with items being left on prior sails.
- Where does the cruise finish?
- Our cruise will end at the same pier from which it departed.
- Can I get a refund or reschedule my tickets after buying them?
- Because we are guaranteeing your space on the sail, tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled once purchased.
- Do you ever cancel cruise due to bad weather?
- This cruise usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather situations. The only time we cancel a trip is in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. Our captains monitor the radar to watch fronts and cells in the area on days when inclement weather is possible. Cancellations are made on the day of the cruise, by the Captain, up to 1 hour prior to sail time. If you have purchased tickets for a cruise that is canceled, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability), receive credit towards a future event, or receive a refund.
- What happens if it starts raining when we're out on our sail?
- Don't worry, we won't melt! Trips with a little wetness have proven to be some the most memorable bonding experiences for our guests. (This all depends on attitude of course...). Also, the main back cabin of the boat is covered!
- Is gratuity included in the price of the cruise?
- Gratuity is not included in the price of the cruise. Parties of 12 or more will be contacted directly by Classic Harbor Line within 48 hours of purchasing tickets to provide credit card information for an additional charge of 18% gratuity.
- Is the Catskill handicap accessible?
- No, unfortunately the Catskill is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Can I book a private charter cruise?
- Yes, private cruises are available on all of our boats. They can be unique and elegant events for your group. If you are interested in booking a private charter, please contact us by clicking “Contact SailNYC” to the left of the page.
- Is smoking permitted during the cruise?
- No, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the boat.
- Are gift certificates available for this cruise?
- No, gift certificates are not available for this cruise. However, we do have gift certificates available for our day, sunset and city lights sails and plenty of cruises on the yacht Manhattan. Furthermore, you can use your gift certificate as cash value towards another event! Click on the "List of All Activities" link to see a list of all of our cruises and sails.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be canceled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability), receive credit for a future event, or receive a refund.
- Parties of 12 or more will be contacted for an additional gratuity charge of 18%.
- Classic Harbor Line will contact you directly within 48 hours of your purchase to take your credit card information for the additional charge. You must be reachable at the telephone number and email you provide.
Classic Harbor Line
The Catskill & Beacon are operated by Coast Guard-certified captains and extremely friendly and talented crew. Our staff is known for their amazing hospitality, and are all professionally trained and experienced on our vessels. They are also very knowledgeable about the sights you will enjoy.
Sit back, relax and enjoy yourself . With wind in your hair and amazing scenes in front of your eyes, everything is just breezy on the Catskill & Beacon.