This is one of the most unique and exciting Segway tours available, and the only tour of the Stockyards that gives you access to many of the areas attractions on the off-road tuned Segway X2, including a few little-known treasures such as:
- The legendary Stockyards Hotel where the infamous Bonnie and Clyde sought shelter in the 20s.
- The Bull Ring - a former speakeasy and alleged birthplace of Texas Holdem’ Poker.
- The daily Fort Worth Herd Cattle Drive as it stomps through Exchange Avenue.
- Grapevine Vintage Railroad and it's vintage locomotives.
- Livestock Exchange Building - built in 1902 and is still being used today
- Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame
- You'll even have an opportunity to try your hand at Segway Barrel Racing in the Stockyards Coliseum!
Come see a true Texas treasure on the wheels of the Only Segway X2 Tours In Texas!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I need to purchase tickets in advance?
- Purchasing tickets in advance is required, in order to guarantee your spot on the tour. To maximize your chance of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. You can do this online or over the phone using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What is a Segway?
- A Segway Personal Transporter (PT), or Segway as it is more commonly known is the first self balancing, electric powered, personal transportation device that is designed to go anywhere a person can go but only on two wheels.
- Who can ride a Segway?
- EVERYONE!!! ...Well, everyone except those under the age of 14, pregnant women, and anyone under 100 pounds or over 275 pounds. Sorry for the inconvenience but these constraints are due to both insurance regulations as well as the parameters of the Segway machines themselves.
- I have teenagers in my group, can they come on the tour?
- Children 14 and older are allowed to participate in the tours, but please note all tour guests under the age of 16 are required to have a parent/guardian present throughout the duration of the tour. Participants who are 16 and 17 years old do not need a parent to participate with them on the tour, but must have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- Is it hard to learn how to ride a Segway?
- In our experience, on average most people learn to ride a Segway in about ten minutes, but don't worry if you don't fall into that category. All guests are required to participate in a short training session before the tour and our staff will be with you every step of the way to ensure your mastery of the Segway riding experience. The Segway is designed to use accelerometers, gyros and sensors to make one hundred adjustments a second to keep you upright. So unless you're planning on attempting a double backflip off a ramp you shouldn't have any problems.
- How much time of the tour is actually spent on a Segway?
- The entire experience lasts about one and a half hours. Each tour starts off with a short training session and then guests spend the remainder of the time on the tour, so we'll be on the Segway for most of the time.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- All Segway riders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- Do I have to wear a helmet?
- Yes, all participants are required to wear a helmet. One will be provided free of charge.
- What happens in bad weather?
- Excluding extreme weather conditions, tours will run as scheduled -- rain or shine. We provide ponchos on the off-chance of rain, and the X2s are equipped with off-road tires in case of mud or snow. (Extreme weather is weather deemed by the Segway tour leader as hazardous to tour participants or the Segway units).
- How big can my group be?
- We can accommodate groups as large as 8 people on our public tours. However, if you have a larger group, special arrangements can be made if scheduled in advance. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss whether this is possible.
- Will we stop to take photos?
- It's totally up to you. We'd be happy to take pictures of your group on the Segway or you can get off to take your own pictures. We do have a lot of ground to cover, so time to take photos will be limited to make sure we can finish the tour on time.
- Are there restroom breaks on the tour?
- Yes! Guests will have access to restrooms at the meeting location as well as multiple opportunities for restroom breaks along the tour route. If there is an emergency, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
- I have family members who only speak Spanish. Are there bilingual tours?
- Yes. We have a full-time Spanish translator on staff. However, keep in mind that non-English speaking guests will still enjoy the experience riding a Segway and exploring new areas of Fort Worth. Please include a "Message to Seller" when purchasing your tickets to let us know if anyone in your group speaks Spanish.
- What type of shoes should I wear?
- Guests should wear comfortable, flat-soled closed-toe shoes. Open-toe shoes and flip flops are not allowed.
- Do Segways have the ability to store bags, purses?
- The Segway has a small pouch in which small personal items and purses will fit. Larger bags and items will need to be stored inside your personal vehicle.
- Is there parking?
- Yes. There is free parking available at our meeting location. Please note that these tours meet directly at the specified location and do not leave from our storefront.
- It's a special occasion for someone in our group. Can we do something extra?
- Yes. For those celebrating a special event, we offer chocolate covered strawberries for that special someone. These can be purchased along with your tickets for an additional charge. We also offer a first hand video package, so you'll always have access to first-hand memories of your special experience.
- Do you buy used Segways?
- Yes. We buy all things Segway including Generation 1 or 2 Segways and accessories. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. To purchase one or get more information, please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link.
- Can I arrange for a corporate or business event?
- Yes, private tour or private Segway rentals for business events can be arranged according to your company's needs. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to inquire about setting something up.
- Can I rent a Segway?
- Yes. We have hourly, daily and weekly rentals. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to discuss doing a private rental instead of a tour.
- Are there private tours?
- Yes. Private tours are encouraged, and there is a higher degree of personalization thus enhancing your tour experience. Please click on the "Contact SegwayFTW" link to inquire about setting up a private tour.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must meet age, weight and ability requirements
- All Segway riders must be age 14 or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Each rider must weigh at least 100 pounds and no more than 275 pounds. Riders should have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
- All participants must sign a waiver.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver before taking the tour. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them. Helmets are also required and are provided at no additional charge.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate on Segway tours.
Segway Fort Worth & Segway Grapevine
Founded in 2011 by Daniel Dase, the Segway Experience Center Fort Worth offers unique tours of the city's most interesting attractions. After completing his History degree at Texas Christian University, Daniel wanted to share his love of the city in a fun and exciting way! Utilizing state-of-the-art Segway Personal Transporters, our team will tell you all about Fort Worth and bring a new vigor to the Cowtown experience.
Segway Experience Center Fort Worth provides the ideal way to tour your favorite cultural and historic districts! Join us for a new view of the cattle drive in the historic Stockyards or a relaxing experience among 23 fragrant gardens in the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens.