The tour includes the following samples:
- Choice of Abita Beer
- French 75
- Pommes Souffle with Bernaise Sauce or Gruyeres
Join us to sip, savor, and learn about our classic New Orleans drinks!
What Is Not Included?
- Are advance purchase tickets required? Is cash accepted?
- Due to the advanced preparation for each tour, tickets must be purchased in advance. Tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, we recommend booking as far in advance as possible. Cash is not accepted.
- What is the maximum number per tour?
- In order to provide an intimate, personalized experience, the tour is limited to 12 people per tour guide.
- How many beverages are sampled?
- There are 4 beverages provided during the tour.
- Are beverages provided?
- All beverages are provided.
- Is there an age restriction?
- YES. You must be 21 years of age to participate in this tour. Please bring valid ID with you to partake in the tour.
- If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
- State law does not allow minors at some of the establishments we visit
- Do we just walk around and sample drinks?
- Absolutely not! New Orleans and the French Quarter have a wonderful rich history. Visitors learn the history of the city and the story behind the drinks.
- How much walking is included?
- The tour lasts about 2 hours, and we cover 8 blocks.
- Are stairs involved?
- No. There are no stairs involed on this tour.
- Is the tour wheelchair or stroller accessible?
- Generally the restaurants on the tour are accessible, but the sidewalks can be uneven and difficult to navigate. If you wish to bring strollers, we strongly suggest a small stroller, which is easy to fold and store. Please keep in mind that at some stops you will have to take your child out of the stroller and carry them, or have them walk.
- What if it rains?
- We do not cancel the tour for rain - only for extremely severe weather that has potential to cause injury (such as severe thunderstorms with lots of lightning and of course, hurricanes.) Refunds will be offered in the extremely rare event that the company cancels the tour, but in all other situations, no refunds will be provided.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Although we love animals, no. We actually go into a number of restaurants, and they do not allow pets.
- What does the tour offer to the native New Orleanian?
- We like to say "come be a tourist in your hometown!" The French Quarter is a wonderful and interesting neighborhood, and we visit restaurants that some consider for special occasion only. So it provides locals a chance to visit establishments they might not otherwise go to. And the tour is very informative in regard to cocktail history.
- Are cameras allowed?
- Yes, visitors are allowed to take pictures at any of the establishments we visit.
- Are there travel agent discounts?
- Yes, we offer the standard 10%. To receive the discount, agents need to contact the seller in advance by clicking the "Contact Culinary" link and sending us an email.
- Are private tours available?
- Yes, we offer private tours. These are especially popular with visitors attending conferences or conventions or spouses tours. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact the owner by clicking on the "Contact Culinary" link, and make sure to provide contact information.
- Is it customary to tip on a tour?
- Our guides work hard to ensure everyone is well cared for and have an enjoyable experience. If they have succeeded, won't you let them know by leaving a generous tip? They will certainly appreciate your appreciation!
- Are gift certificates avaliable?
- No, gift certificates are not available at this time.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over, with valid ID.
- Since some of the stops on our Classic New Orleans Drinks Tour have age restrictions just to enter, you must be age 21 or over and have proper ID. Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
New Orleans Culinary History Tours
The proprietor holds an M.A. in History and is an instructor in the History Department of Xavier University. Her area is U.S. Ethnicity and Immigration, Lousiana History, and Culinary History. The proprietor and all guides are licensed tour guides.
The company has been covered by numerous newspapers and magazines, including: the Times Picayune, Baton Rouge Advocate, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Beaumont Enterprise, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Charlotte Observer, Wine Buzz, Essence, Southern Living, and Cooking LIght. The culinary tasting tour has also been included as part of a prize package on "The Wheel of Fortune".
New Orleans Culinary History Tours is a member of the New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau.