Our Sound Waves party cruise brings you some of the area's best DJs who play a variety of high energy electronic music.
Enjoy new sights and sounds as the day slips into night, and get swept away by the natural beauty and historical sights of Washington, DC.
Promoted by Surrender Dorothy, Trek909, & Loop, past DJs have included: George Karmokolias, Raffi, DJ Deemo, Juan Zapata, Prab K, & Chris Nitti.
Join us each Sunday and enjoy:
- A unique drink selection at our large custom built cash bar including frozen drinks, wine, cocktails, and snacks
- Dancing to our DJ's mix of sexy beats while cruising past Washington's most famous monuments and memorials.
- Meeting new like minded people aboard the boat!
- Wrap around seating on our party bow
- Breathtaking DC panoramic cityscape from our top deck
- 2 bathrooms
- A dance floor in our main cabin
What Is Not Included?
- Can I buy a ticket at check-in?
- The Boomerang Yacht usually sells out in advance, so unfortunately the answer is most likely no. However, we never want anyone to miss out on a trip on the Boomerang, so if there is a “no show”, we would be willing to sell a ticket on the spot.
- If a cruise is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, Boomerang does not keep a waiting list for our cruises. Cruises do sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- What if someone in my party misses the boat? Can we go back to pick them up?
- Unfortunately, we leave right on time and cannot go back to the dock to pick up any latecomers. For this reason it is VERY IMPORTANT for you to arrive 30 minutes beforehand to check-in and board.
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- No. Passengers can not bring outside beverages as we are operating a full bar inside the main cabin.
- Can outside food be brought aboard?
- No. We do not allow passengers to bring food aboard. However, snacks will be available for purchase.
- Which historical sights will I see during the trip?
- All the good ones! You will be able to see the Georgetown waterfront, boathouse, and University, the Watergate, Kennedy Center, Washington Momument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, the Pentagon, Hains Point, Reagan National Airport, the Custis Lee Memorial, Key Bridge, and the Memorial Bridge.
- Is this a tour boat? Will we be making stops?
- No, we are not your traditional, boring tour boat. We will not be making stops and giving history lessons. Instead, we will be keeping the party alive as we cruise by all of the historic sights while enjoying the beautiful DC harbor views!
- How long will the cruise last?
- Our Sound Waves Electronic Music cruises last at least 3 hours, please check individual dates for exact duration.
- Where do we board the yacht?
- Passengers will board at the Georgetown Waterfront. Specific directions will be provided upon purchasing your tickets.
- Is there parking near the dock?
- There are several parking garages within 2 blocks of the waterfront area. However, if you are going to be joining in the party and festivities we encourage taking a cab directly to the Georgetown Harbour. The closest metro stop is Foggy Bottom Station which is serviced by the blue and orange lines and is a 15 minute walk away. Please plan accordingly and drive responsibly!
- Do you offer transportation to and from the dock?
- Yes! If you have a large party and would like to rent the Boomerang Party Bus to pick you up and drop you off, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page to contact us directly for an hourly quote.
- What exactly happens when we check-in at the beginning of the night?
- Once you check-in with your Boomerang Hosts, you will receive a Boomerang wristband. You will need the wristband to board the boat. It is important to arrive at least 30 minutes before your event time and check-in as soon as you arrive at the starting location.
- What do I need to bring?
- You don't need much to ride the Boomerang. Make sure to bring cash or credit cards for snacks, drinks, or souvenirs onboard, a valid ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued id), and a camera if you'd like. Wear practical shoes since you are boarding a boat, bring your best smile, maybe a hoodie if it is chilly, and you should be good to go! We have enough entertainment on the boat to take care of the rest!
- Do I have to be 21 to ride?
- Riders on our Boomerang Yacht tours must be 21 years of age or older AND have a government-issued, valid ID available (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID).
- Do I need to tip the captain and yacht staff?
- We do not require you to pay gratuity but these individuals are working for you. If you feel they have done a good job then please be kind and tip them just as you would your bartender or waiter. They work very hard to make sure you have a great experience.
- What if someone gets out of hand?
- Well, let's hope everyone has a good time responsibly, but if someone becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees, we will return to the dock to remove them, or not allow them onto the boat at the start of the trip. This rarely happens, but we will not hesitate to keep you safe and ensure your enjoyment.
- Is smoking permitted?
- We have a designated smoking area at the stern (back) or the boat. Smoking is not allowed in our main cabin, on the top deck, or on the bow at the front of the boat.
- What should I wear?
- Although we do not have a specific dress code for this event, this cruise is an evening activity, so we encourage you to look your best! High heels are discouraged.
- Will I get seasick?
- Most likely no. The Potomac River is very narrow and it is usually a very calm waterway.
- Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
- The dock at Georgetown does not have wheelchair access.
- Can I stow my belongings somewhere during the sail?
- We do not have an area to 'check' people's belongings at this time.
- Where is the post-party and what drink specials do I get with my ticket?
- We partner with several bars in the area that host post-parties for Boomerang passengers. While the venues vary depending on the event date, you are sure to have a fun time both during and after your sunset cruise!
- Can I rent out the entire Boomerang Yacht for a private party?
- Yes! For all private party inquiries, please click "Contact Boomerang" to the left of the page to contact us directly.
- Does the boat require a minimum amount of people to execute a cruise?
- Yes. Our boat has the capacity of 80 people, and we do require a minimum number of people signed up 48 hours in advance to execute a cruise. In the rare event that your cruise is not able to take place due to lack of participation, you will be given the opportunity to reschedule to a different cruise, or accept a full refund.
- Are gift certificates available?
- No, unfortunately there are no gift certificates available for this cruise. There are, however, gift certificates available for some of our other Party Yacht Cruises and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please check out the Party Yacht Cruises by clicking “List of All Activities” to the left of the page.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Unruly guests will be denied entry or required to leave the cruise.
- We have the right to deny entry to any unruly person during the boarding of the vessel. In addition, we will return to the dock to remove anyone who becomes unruly, heavily intoxicated, or harmful in any manner to themselves, our guests, or our employees during a cruise. No refunds will be given. Jumping off the vessel is not allowed and is punishable by the fullest extent of the law.
- All participants must be age 21 or older with a valid ID.
- Each attendee must be age 21 or older and have proper government-issued ID (US or International drivers' licenses, passports, or other government issued ID). Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Outside food and drink is not allowed on the Boomerang Boat.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own beverages or food on board the Boomerang Boat. All persons are subject to search prior to boarding.
We originated with The Nightlife Party Bus Tour of DC, and have now expanded to our yacht acquisition and cruise tours thanks to years of faithful Boomerang patrons and enthusiasts! We strive to constantly create new and unique ways for our riders to spend an evening in the nation’s capital! The Boomerang Team makes an amazing evening of nightlife hassle free, safe, and affordable for all to enjoy. Whenever you join us, sit back & relax or stand up & dance while you let us do the cruising.
"If you are new to the area, or you just want to go out and have a wild night with your friends and meet new people, the Boomerang is just what you need."
- NBC's "The DC Scene" 6/18/07