PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR IS SEASONAL AND DOES NOT RUN DECEMBER THROUGH FEBRUARY
While visiting this tour's 40+ locations, you will:
- Visit The Boathouse Cafe used in When Harry Met Sally.
- Go on location to the Bandshell from Breakfast at Tiffany's and Kramer vs. Kramer.
- Take photos at Tavern on the Green, used in Ghostbusters.
- Feed pigeons where Macaulay Culkin fed them in Home Alone II.
- Take a water break at Bethesda Fountain, used in Ransom and One Fine Day.
- Stop at Wollman Rink, used in movies like Love Story and Serendipity.
See for yourself why this Park was the setting for so many scenes that have made you laugh and cry over the years. In addition to movie locations, this tour is a unique way to explore historic Central Park with a knowledgeable guide. Designed by the famous landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted in the 1850s, Central Park has since captured the imagination of movie-makers and watchers the world over.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No, On Location Tours does not keep a waiting list for our tours. Tours usually sell out, and often well in advance, so please make sure to purchase your tickets far in advance, especially if you have limited time availability.
- Is there an age limit on this tour?
- No. There is no age limit on the Central Park Movie Tour.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes, we'll be visiting many picturesque locations, so please feel free to bring your camera or video recorder.
- Is this a good general sightseeing tour of the park?
- Yes. While the Central Park Movie Tour is not a typical New York sightseeing tour, it does include a number of landmarks throughout the park. It's a unique, entertaining way to tour the park with a knowledgable guide to educate you along the way.
- What type of ticket should I buy for a very young child?
- Children age five and under do not need a ticket to attend the tour. Children between 6-10 need only have a Child ticket.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the Central Park Movie Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual, however, visitors from countries such as Japan, Germany, France, Spain and many others have enjoyed the tour just the same!
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for all On Location tours and make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for this activity, please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other movie fans that take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact On Location Tours by clicking “Contact OnLocation” to the left of the page.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour generally ends at 59th Street and Columbus Circle (at Eighth Avenue).
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- Because of some stairways in the park, the normal route that this tour follows is not wheelchair accessible. However, a longer, wheelchair accessible route is possible on privately booked tours, with advance notice to On Location Tours.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Tour participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age.
On Location Tours
On Location Tours has been featured in thousands of media outlets around the world, including TV Guide, Newsweek, Businessweek, Entertainment Weekly, The Today Show, HBO, and the Travel Channel's TV Road Trip.
The aim of On Location Tours is to allow people the opportunity to straddle fiction and reality, letting them feel as though they are part of the TV show or movie, ultimately bringing them closer to the characters themselves.