Find out for yourself what locals, pizza aficionados, food critics, the Food Network, the Travel Channel and the Zagat Survey already know about the best pizzerias in Brooklyn...all while exploring famous neighborhoods such as DUMBO, Red Hook, Coney Island, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst and more!
A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour invites New Yorkers and tourists alike to climb aboard the city's only guided bus tour of Brooklyn's BEST pizzerias.
During this 4.5 hour foodie romp, you'll visit two of Brooklyn's best pizzerias, each specializing in a different style of pizza: Grimaldi's (brick oven Neapolitan) and L&B Spumoni Gardens (authentic Sicilian.)
Along the way, our multimedia sightseeing tour will highlight Brooklyn's best:
- Coney Island's landmark amusement park and boardwalk
- Tree-lined brownstone neighborhoods
- Keyspan Park, site of baseball's return to Brooklyn and home of the Cyclones
- The scenic Brooklyn Bridge and Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
- Trump Village, where The Donald's dad, Fred, first made his fortune
- Locations from movies such as Saturday Night Fever, The French Connection, Scent of a Woman, Annie Hall and many more...
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance as tours usually sell out. To maximize your chances of getting the day, time, and number of tickets you prefer,please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or MasterCard from this site or over the phone.
- What do I receive for the price of a ticket?
- Included in the price of a ticket are the 4.5 hour tour through Brooklyn, as well as two slices of pizza and soft drinks at each restaurant. .
- Does the tour occur rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs regardless of weather. While we travel via bus since tour locations are spread around Brooklyn, we do get off the bus at the restaurants and several other locations. So please dress appropriately for the weather.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I am bringing a very young child?
- If a child is age five or younger, will be sitting on your lap during the entire tour, and will not be eating, you do not need to purchase a ticket for them. If they will be requiring a seat, however, you will need to purchase a Child ticket.
- Who will my tour guide be?
- Tony tries to be on every tour, but from time to time, your guide will be another family member and licensed tour guide! All guides are just as knowledgeable, trained by Tony, and familiar with the neighborhoods you will be visiting.
- Where does the tour end?
- The tour usually ends back at the original meeting location, which is just south of the southeast corner of Union Square, in Manhattan. (Exact meeting location details, including a map and subway directions, will be provided to you immediately upon purchasing your eticket.)
- Are we on the bus the entire tour?
- No. The tour takes place on a coach bus since the locations are scattered throughout Brooklyn. We do, however, get off to eat at the pizzerias and to visit specific locations such as the Brooklyn Bridge. (Whenever you leave the bus, you will be accompanied by the tour guide). The tour includes a mix of on-the-bus viewings of locations and stops to get off and explore.
- Is there ever a circumstance when a location is omitted from the tour?
- While it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to skip or modify certain locations that usually are part of the tour. Since the tour visits real-life locations all around Brooklyn, the tour's itinerary can sometimes be impacted by traffic conditions, construction, etc. A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour assumes no liability or responsibility for traffic conditions, access to sites, or other conditions beyond its control.
- Can I bring wine, beer or other alcoholic beverages on the bus?
- No. It is against New York State law to consume alcohol on a bus. The pizzerias we visit do have alcoholic beverages for sale, so please be sure to bring sufficient cash and a valid ID.
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of Brooklyn?
- Absolutely! The tour travels through much of Brooklyn, highlighting movie locations, landmarks and general points of interest around the borough. So, while pizza is our focus, families and friends often find this tour an ideal way to tour Brooklyn. You'll be visiting unique Brooklyn neighborhoods such as DUMBO, Red Hook, Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Coney Island and many more.
- Are cameras allowed on the tour?
- Yes. While photography and filming are not allowed on the bus portion of the tour, there are some great spots for taking photos and video at our stops along the way.
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes. A Slice of brooklyn Pizza Tour is only conducted in English at this time. Since so much of the tour is visual and tastings, however, visitors from other countries can enjoy the tour with minimal English.
- What type of bus is used?
- The tour is conducted on a closed coach bus. It is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
- Is there assigned seating on the bus?
- There is no assigned seating on the bus - it's first come, first serve. If you have a number of people in your party who want to sit together, you should make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes early. Guests that arrive late or right at the starting time are much more likely to have to split up their group.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
- Yes, the buses contain restrooms, as do the pizzerias. Restrooms will also be available at some of the places where we'll be getting off the bus, such as the Coney Island boardwalk.
- Is the bus wheelchair-accessible?
- No, unfortunately our buses do not have wheelchair access and you will need to take a few steps up in order to board the bus. If you will be able to do this with assistance from the other people in your party, you are welcome to join us. Please keep in mind that the platform to enter the bus is about 13.5 inches above the ground.
- Can I take a stroller or luggage on the tour?
- The Slice of Brooklyn tours are conducted on coach buses, so limited storage space is available for strollers and luggage. Please keep in mind that there will be several stops of up to 30 minutes each, where we will be leaving the bus. If you are not comfortable leaving your belongings on the bus during this time, you might want to reconsider bringing them.
- Can I purchase a gift certificate for this tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private tour?
- Yes, private tours are available. Most groups, however, decide to attend the public tour for two reasons. First, it is usually significantly less expensive. Second, part of the fun of the tour is interacting with all the other pizza fans and people fascinated with Brooklyn who take the public tour. If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour by clicking on “Contact BKNYpizza” to the left of the page.
A Slice of Brooklyn Bus Tours
An avid traveler, Tony made many friends while touring the US and overseas. As these friends began to visit Tony in New York, he began conducting Brooklyn tours to show off his favorite borough.
After hearing complaints of not being able to find good pizza in Manhattan, Tony took a group of 10 friends on a guided tour of the best pizzerias in Brooklyn--while also highlighting the landmarks, movie locations and points of interest that have made Brooklyn world-known.
Word spread, and by the time Tony planned his next pizza tour, over 20 people wanted to join...thus was born A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza Tour.
Tony is a licensed New York City tour guide.