Shop NYC’s most unique "downtown" boutiques, enjoy exclusive store discounts, learn neighborhood trivia and see the famed Cast Iron Historic District's architecture. Experience New York like a native.
A friendly and skilled guide will navigate you to a specially-selected range of NYC fashion shops which concentrate on apparel and accessories - and INDEPENDENT stores (no mall stores for us!)as well as introduce you to the history and architecture of these two charming neighborhoods. This is a wonderful walking tour for both shoppers & sightseers.
Please note: Most destinations are geared toward women's apparel and accessories.
Highlights on this 2.5 hour walking, shopping tour include:
- Select "non- mall/chain" boutiques in SoHo and NoLita
- Exclusive shop Discounts
- A complimentary taste of a sweet local treat
- Map of the area
- List of all our exclusive shop discounts for further shopping after the tour
- Local trivia
What Is Not Included?
Food and Beverage
Guide gratuity - optional
- How long is the tour?
- The Soho and Nolita tour runs about 2 hours. Depending on the size of the group, the tour may be a little bit shorter or longer.
- How much time do we spend shopping?
- This tour is designed to familiarize you with the neighborhoods and the variety of shopping they offer. Most of the tour is shopping. While walking from one place to the other, your guide will share with you neighborhood trivia, history, architecture and celebrity gossip. Since you will be going to many places, you may find you wish to return to your favorite ones after the tour, for more thorough shopping. Your guide and map provided will help you to do so.
- Is this tour suitable for teenagers?
- Absolutely! We host many teenage girls and have loads of great places to take them
- Is this tour suitable for men?
- In general, our visits are to places geared for WOMEN'S apparel and accessories. Some stores do sell men's as well, but this is not the rule. We welcome the many men who have and wish to accompany their female partners, daughters, etc, but it is important to recognize that the tour will not focus on items for men. However, you will undoubtedly enjoy strolling these lovely neighborhoods and learning of their architecture and history - while you are carrying the women's bags!
- Is transportation included?
- No, this is a WALKING TOUR so there is no transportation for this tour. This tour requires a significant amount of walking, so please wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- If you are in a wheelchair, you are more than welcome to join us on the tour, but there are a few things you should keep in mind before you choose to do so: First, we do request that you bring someone along with you who can help to navigate your chair when necessary. Also, though there are no stairs involved in the tour, there will be a considerable amount of distance covered and we will be traveling on old, largely cobblestone streets with curbs that could be difficult to get up and down. Lastly, some of the stores we visit might, unfortunately, have entrances that are not wheelchair-friendly. For a more wheelchair-accessible tour, please check out our Garment Center INSIDER Shopping Tour instead.
- What stores will we be shopping in?
- We visit shops which are primarily for Women's Clothing and Accessories, and which we consider "unique to NY". They will vary in price range. Our guides are experts at determining the interests of a group and choosing stops that are appropriate for the group as a whole. Please feel free to tell your guide of any particular shopping interests you may have - they will do their best to incorporate related stops into the tour.
- Are there any places to stop and rest along the route?
- Yes, a number of our shopping stops have seating, so you can take a break while the rest of the group shops. Plan for an active afternoon, however, because there is a lot to see and you will be on the move!
- Should I tip my guide?
- It is a customary and very appreciated gesture to tip your tour guide at the end of the tour.
- How many people are on the tour?
- A maximum Group size is 12 people as we aim for a high level of personalized attention on all tours. Our guides are trained to provide a significant amount of guide/guest interaction to insure the best possible tour experience.
- How do I inquire about a private tour?
- If you are interested in booking a private tour, contact Shop Gotham by clicking on the "Contact ShopGotham" link.
- What ages is this best for?
- We feel it is best suited for anyone over age 16. Children under 10 years old may come free. One child per adult please. Any attendee 10 years old and up would need to have an adult ticket purchased for them.
Shop Gotham has been on Good Day NY and has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, Conde Nast Traveler, The London Evening Standard, The Times (London), The New York Daily News, The Toronto Star and The Miami Herald.