Drink in the history... Crawl out the door
Where better to find spirits of other worlds than among the liquid spirits of this one? We take you from pub to tavern to bar, where you will hear our great ghost stories. At each bar you visit, your guide will give you plenty of time to purchase a soda, beer, or cocktail and then tell you the haunted tales of that location and those nearby.
You'll stay in each bar approximately 30 minutes. The guide will provide you with a two-minute warning to finish your beverage, use the bathroom, etc. Then on to the next stop...
Note: We will be spending most of our time inside noisy & crowded pubs, we ask that you bear this in mind when deciding which of our tours to take.
Our route varies with season, special events in Annapolis, bar availability and the whim of our tour guides. We will go to three or four bars on each crawl, but specific route information is not available until the moment we depart.
So come join us whether you've just turned 21 or you're celebrating your 50th birthday! (We've even taken out the Red Hats...apparently tea isn't the only thing these ladies drink!) And you don't have to drink libations or crawl through the doors to participate - this tour is great fun for everyone 21 and over!
What Is Not Included?
- Do I need to buy tickets in advance?
- Yes, advance ticket purchase is required as tours do sell out. Any remaining tickets not sold 30 minutes prior to each tour are available for walk-in purchase on a space-available basis only. Advance purchase is highly recommended to ensure your participation.
- How does check-in work?
- Upon arriving at the Maryland Inn, located at the top of Main Street, you will look for our tour concierge either on the front porch, or in the front lobby. They will check you in and assign you to a tour leader. You will be given a glow band/ticket and sent to your first location to enjoy a beverage of your choosing while awaiting your guide.
- How long is the Pub Crawl?
- In 2 hours we will visit 3 or 4 different pubs/bars in the downtown historic Annapolis area.
- Do we go inside buildings during the tour?
- Yes, we will be going into each of 3 or 4 pubs to enjoy the atmosphere, an opportunity to purchase a drink, and hear the haunted tales of that location and those nearby. Pubs tend to be noisy & crowded places, if either of these factors may bother you, please consider the walking ghost tour.
- Can we smoke on the tour?
- Under Maryland Law, smoking is prohibited in restaurants and bars. You may only smoke in places legal under state law.
- Can we bring cameras or video equipment?
- But, of course!!! Some of the most embarrassing pictures of drunkeness were taken by Ghost Hunters hoping to capture an ethereal - not liquid - spirit on camera! Apparitions tend to show up in photos, even when you didn’t see anything while snapping the picture. The only thing we ask is that if you shoot a great ghost picture and sell it to the tabloids for a million dollars, you'll share some with us - just kidding. So good luck, and good hunting!
- Does the tour happen rain or shine?
- Yes, the tour runs in all weather unless it's deemed dangerous. If we cancel the tour, participants may reschedule for a future event.
- Is there a minimum number of "tickets sold" required for the pub crawl to depart?
- Yes, we require a minimum of four (4) total paid guests before the pub crawl will go out. If less than 4 guests are signed up 24 hours prior to the tour date/time, we will contact you to reschedule.
- Is tipping acceptable?
- Tipping is always acceptable, but not required - it is totally at your discretion. Our guides are highly professional and well-trained to entertain you and all of our guests. Many of our guests appreciate good service and choose to reward it, and the guides are always grateful.
- Is the Pub Crawl suitable for children?
- No, we will be entering establishments where you must be 21 or older. For the younger set, check out our Walking Ghost Tours.
- Can I buy a gift certificate for this tour?
- Yes, gift certificates are available and make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate, please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I setup a private tour?
- Yes, we do take private groups out for both the Haunted Pub Crawl and non-haunted versions. More information can be found on the "Group Tours" page of our website... www.annapolisghosts.com
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must be age 21 or over, with valid ID
- Since some of the stops on our pub crawl have age restrictions just to enter, you must be age 21 or over and have proper ID. Refunds will not be provided for those under age 21 or without sufficient ID.
- Please be advised...
- Some of the Annapolis pubs can be noisy places, and members of your tour as well as patrons in the bars will be drinking, some heavily. If you think any of these factors may irritate or bother you, we would ask that you please consider taking our walking ghost tour instead. Your comfort and enjoyment are our main concern! Have fun!