After graduating from training, you’ll head out to the unique neighborhoods of Tucson, including:
- Historic Fourth Avenue shopping district - six blocks of gorgeous window displays and over one hundred shops, specializing in everything from antiques to custom-made furniture to Mexican imports
- Iron Horse district - a village bustling with Southern Pacific rail employees in the late 1800s
- The unforgettable Rattlesnake Bridge
- Pie Allen - named for an early Tucson merchant, still boasts some of the oldest adobe architecture, eccentric Victorians, and artistic bungalows
- West University District - quaint sidewalks and front porches filled with flowers adorn this luxurious district located right in between downtown and the University
Finally, you’ll delight in a milkshake at a Tucson landmark and restaurant, Delectables, famous for its atmosphere and antique décor!
Join us for an exciting glide around historic Tucson and experience the thrill of riding a Segway!
What Is Not Included?
Gratuities for your tour guide, although optional, are always appreciated.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa or Mastercard. Cash is not accepted.
- Who can ride the Segway PT?
- The Segway PT is designed to be operated by a wide range of people after receiving orientation—no special skills are required. The rider must be able to do the following: Step on and off the Segway PT without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail. Rider must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds. Rider must be able to operate the steering control with his or her left hand.
- If a tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. We recommend purchasing your tickets well in advance. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we will add an additional tour. Please contact us by clicking the "Contact RollWithIt" link to let us know what date you are interested in.
- What happens if it rains?
- The tours are held rain or shine. But don't worry! Tucson has fairly dry weather all year round! Just remember to bring a poncho (not an umbrella) in the rare case of rain. Rain ponchos are also available for purchase on the day of the tour.
- Is the weather really hot?
- Our tours take place in the early morning, so the temperature is still farily cool, as it drops significantly during the nighttime. Also, Tucson has a dry climate so many visitors from humid areas find our weather much more comfortable, even when the temperature is a little higher than they are used to.
- Are there any age restrictions for the tour?
- Yes. Arizona state law requires gliders to be at least 16 years of age.
- Is there a weight requirement / limitation?
- Yes, gliders must weigh between 100lbs and 250lbs to take the tour.
- Do I have to sign a waiver?
- Yes, all Segway gliders must sign a liability waiver before participating. Gliders 18 years or under must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
- Do I have to wear a helmet?
- It is our policy to require all gliders to wear a helmet. We will provide you with one before the start of the tour.
- Are restrooms available?
- Yes, restrooms are available at the meeting location. There are also public restroom stops along the tour route. If you should need to stop, please let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Do Segways have the ability to store bags, purses?
- We have the ability to transport necessary items like cameras and medications. However, we advise you to keep your personal items to a minimum as our storage capacity is VERY limited.
- What is the Segway™ Personal Transporter (PT)?
- The Segway™ Personal Transporter (PT) is the first self-balancing, electric-powered transportation device. With dimensions no larger than the average adult body and the ability to emulate human balance, the Segway PT uses the same space as a pedestrian, and can go wherever a person can walk. The Segway PT allows people at home and at work to go farther, move more quickly, and increase the amount they can carry anywhere they currently walk.
- How does the Segway PT work?
- Segway developed a breakthrough technology they termed "dynamic stabilization," which is the essence of the Segway PT. Dynamic stabilization enables the Segway PT to work seamlessly with the body's movements. Gyroscopes and tilt sensors in the unit monitor a rider's center of gravity at about 100 times a second. When the rider leans slightly forward, the Segway PT moves forward. When the rider leans slightly back, the Segway PT moves backward.
- How safe is the Segway PT?
- The utmost care and research has gone into ensuring that the Segway PT is safe. The Segway PT's balancing technology is truly revolutionary and provides an exceptional riding experience. The Segway PT has redundant systems and sophisticated alerts built into its design, and many thousands of hours of use have demonstrated that the Segway PT is safe when used appropriately. It is important that Segway PT riders understand their responsibility to ride safely. Proper skill level and understanding of the Segway PT prevents injuries caused by loss of control or misuse.
- How much time of the tour is actually spent on a Segway?
- The majority of the time will be on the Segway. We start with a brief training session and stop along the way for a milkshake. We spend the rest of the time gliding on the Segway.
- I'm a Tucson local - will I enjoy this tour?
- Even if you have seen beautiful Tucson before, you'll still enjoy the unique experience of riding a Segway. Our guides are also incredibly knowledgeable of the area and are sure to tell you new stories about your favorite Tucson neighborhoods.
- Will I be able to take pictures along the way?
- Yes!! Bring your camera to capture all the sights of beautiful Tucson. You will have plenty of photo opportunities and we strongly encourage you to take advantage of them!
- Are the tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, the tours are only conducted in English. Because of safety issues, we require that you be able to understand English to participate.
- Are gift certificates available?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For purchase and more information, please click the "Contact RollWithIt" link.
- Do you offer private/corporate/business events?
- Yes. we can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please use the "Contact RollWithIt" link to inquire further.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- All participants must meet age and weight restrictions.
- All participants must be age 16 or older and weigh between 100 lbs and 250 lbs. All participants must also wear a helmet during the tour, which will be provided.
- All participants must sign a waiver at the start of the tour.
- All participants aged 16 to 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them.
Roll With It! Segway Guided Tours
Founded by long-time Tucson residents, Roll With It! Segway Guided Tours gives guests a unique look at all the local sights while experiencing all the natural beauty of the area.