Feel the excitement of the night approach as you witness a glowing sunset reflect on the tranquil Pacific waters and San Francisco landmarks, notably the awe-inspiring Golden Gate Bridge lit up for the night!
On this unforgettable evening sail, you will:
- Enjoy light hors díoeuvres and two complimentary drinks
- Sail by the historic Alcatraz Island and Sausalito
- Glide past the spectacular San Francisco city skyline from under the setting sun
- Experience a colony of grunting sea lions and other sea critters
What Is Not Included?
- The sunset sail includes lights hors d'oeurves and two complimentary drinks. If you would like to purchase additional drinks or snacks at our on-board bar, please bring enough cash or credit.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed.
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets in advance, as sails often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets can only be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a very young child?
- The sunset sail does not have a discounted Child ticket price, as it is geared mostly toward adults. Children are still allowed on board, but they must purchase a full-price ticket. All guests regardless of age must have a ticket. For a more family friendly sail, check out our daytime sails, which children 5 and under can attend for free.
- Do you serve food or drinks on board?
- The sunset sail includes lights hors d'oeurves and two complimentary drinks. This includes spinach dip in a sour dough bread bowl, pico de gallo with chips, party mix, brie cheese and crackers, plus fresh fruit (when available). If you would like to purchase additional drinks or snacks at our on-board bar, please bring enough cash or credit.
- Can I bring my own food or drinks?
- No outside food or beverages are allowed.
- Why does the sunset sail go out at different times?
- We try to schedule the sunset sails so that you always get a great view of the setting sun. Depending on the time of year and daylight saving time, the sun will set at different times.
- What exactly do I see on the sail?
- On your scenic sail around the San Francisco Bay, you'll sail by historic Alcatraz Island, get a unique view as you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge lit up at night, take plenty of photos of the breath-taking San Francisco city skyline and pass by a colony of grunting sea loins or even spot some whales.
- What happens if it rains?
- Severe weather in this area of California is rare and cruises will proceed as scheduled in light rain and other mild weather conditions. Both our boats have 360-degree, protected viewing areas! In the rare event that we have to cancel a cruise, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit towards a future event.
- Do you offer any group discounts?
- Yes. For groups of 10 or more full-fare adult passengers on one credit card purchase, you will receive a discount of $5 per Adult ticket. Whether you purchase your tickets over the phone or online, this discount will be automatically applied when your purchase meets this criteria.
- What should I wear?
- We usually advise you to wear jeans, a tee-shirt or sweatshirt, tennis shoes and take a jacket. If itís a special occasion, you can always get all dressed up. We do have jackets on board, but yours are much more stylish.
- What if I forget a jacket and it gets cold?
- We have some jackets on board that you are welcome to use. This is on a first come first serve basis.
- Will I get wet?
- If youíre outside on the trampoline nets, there is a pretty good chance youíll get wet. If you really donít want to get wet, you can stay in the cabin. With a 360 degree view, you wonít miss a single thing.
- Are there bathrooms aboard the boats?
- Yes, there is a clean bathroom on both boats.
- Are the Adventure Cats handicap accessible?
- The Adventure Cat boats are accessible to those with walkers and canes. Though we are often able to accommodate people in wheelchairs as well, the boats are not wheelchair accessible by average standards. If you are in a wheelchair, please keep in mind that steps leading to the boat prevent you from wheeling directly on board. As a result, our crew will have to physically carry you from the dock and on to the boat while you are seated in your chair. For this reason we cannot safely accommodate guests who require this service if they weigh more than 150 pounds. We cannot accommodate electric wheelchairs. Bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
- Do you have life jackets for kids and adults?
- Yes, we have life jackets available on board for each passenger on board, both kids and adults.
- Will I get seasick?
- Probably not. People seldom get seasick because of a catamaran's inherent stability.
- What's the difference between a catamaran and a REAL sailboat?
- A catamaran has two hulls instead of one. The result is a more stable ride like a Rolls Royce compared to a Dune Buggy. A catamaran is more stable and doesn't heel (lean) over like a monohull.
- Can I choose which boat to go on?
- Prior to departure time, the Captain makes that decision.
- How fast do the boats go?
- Under sail the Adventure Cats make an average speed of 8-12 knots. Whereas a monohull treads through the water, catamarans skim over the surface.
- Are gift certificates available for the Adventure Cat sails?
- Yes, gift certificates are available for both the Sunset San Francisco Bay Sail and the Daytime San Francisco Bay Sail, and they make a perfect gift for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate for the Sunset Sail please click on the "Gift certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- How is my gift certificate delivered? Can I print it out now and give it to the recipient myself?
- Yes, you can! When you purchase your gift certificate online, you will be presented immediately with your gift certificate so that you can print it out and deliver it. If you buy it over the phone, a link to your gift certificate will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is completed.
- What if I want the gift certificate emailed to the recipient instead?
- That's no problem, either! When you purchase your gift certificate, just select the option to have the certificate emailed directly to the recipient and provide their email address. You'll even be able to decide whether you want the email sent immediately or if you'd prefer to schedule it to be emailed on a future date. (For instance, if you want to buy it today so you don't forget, but you don't want it emailed to the recipient until their special day!)
- Can I book a private charter?
- Yes! We can accommodate a variety of special requests. Please click "Contact AdventureCat" to inquire further about special group rates and sailing options.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants are required to have tickets for this event.
- Our boats are United States Coast Guard documented for a certain amount of passengers and we cannot exceed the capacity. This means that all passengers, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket.
Adventure Cat Sailing Charters
Jay, Pam, and Hans spent 18 months building the Adventure Cat catamaran by themselves!
Adventure Cat sails have been featured in The Tribune-Review and The Napa Valley Register, Latitude 38 and Where Magazine.