The Dearly Departed Tour has been featured in 1000 Things to do Before you Die, Anderson Cooper 360, E! 20 Most Horrifying Hollywood Murders, The Girls Next Door and more.
Once your tour um... departs, you'll visit almost 100 sites of either historical or hysterical interest where events of the most scandalous nature took place. Features include:
- Last breath locations of Michael Jackson, Bela Lugosi, River Phoenix, Mae West, George Burns and more...
- The murders of Rebecca Schaeffer, Jose and Kitty Menendez, Bugsy Siegel, Dominique Dunne, Sal Mineo and more...
- Where Rihanna and Hugh Grant experienced their most shocking moments
- Hotels where John Belushi and Janis Joplin "Checked Out"
- The bizarre deaths of writer Robert Lees, actor Albert Dekker and The Black Dahlia - in VIVID detail
- The restroom break is in the park made famous by George Michael
What Is Not Included?
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is strongly suggested as tours often sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, please book well in advance. Tickets may be purchased with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is this tour suitable for children?
- Children under 1 year old are not allowed on the tour. In addition, the tour may not be suitable for young children, as the content of the tour is mature in nature. Please use your discretion when bringing children older than 1 year on the tour.
- What happens if it rains?
- Since the tour takes place in an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, you'll be comfortable no matter what the weather brings. We have large windows on either side, so your visibility won't be impaired.
- What kind of bus will the tour be on?
- Your tour will take place on a climate controlled 13 seater mini bus. Your guide will also be driving and will tell you all about the sites on the tour using a microphone.
- Are there any stops on the tour?
- The only stop on the tour where we will get out of the bus will be a restroom stop about two hours into the tour. We will use the restroom where George Michael got arrested!
- Is this a good sightseeing tour of L.A.?
- The Dearly Departed Tragical History Tour is a great LA sightseeing tour. Besides seeing the last gasp locations of some of Hollywood's most famous and infamous stars, we'll see points of interest all over Hollywood, Hollywood Hills and Beverly Hills including celebrity homes, the Hollywood sign, the Capitol Records building, hot celebrity owned clubs and restaurants, and scenes from your favorite movies and television shows.
- Will I still enjoy the tour if I'm from the area?
- Yes! Our tours are unique and give you behind the scenes information on the locations we will see. You will learn a lot of new things about your home town.
- Who will be my guide?
- While Scott Michaels, founder of Dearly Departed Tours, still runs many of the tour himself, there is no guarantee that he will be the guide on your particular tour. However, all guides have been trained by Scott personally! They are very knowledgeable and dedicated to providing you with the ultimate tour experience.
- Are there bathrooms on the bus?
- Unfortunately, we do not have bathrooms on the bus. But we do have a scheduled bathroom stop during the tour, where you can reenact George Michael's most shocking moment.
- Can I bring food or drinks on the bus?
- You are more than welcome to bring nonalcoholic beverages with you on board, but we ask that you do not bring any food or alcoholic drinks on board with you.
- Can we take pictures?
- The windows on the bus are tinted, and pictures usually come out fine, providing you turn off the flash.
- Is there room to stow my belongings on board?
- There is limited room on board the bus to store your belongings. There will be room under your seat for smaller items, but please do try to bring only what you will need with you to the tour.
- What should I wear?
- Whatever you want. The tour takes place on an enclosed, climate-controlled vehicle, so you'll be comfortable during your trip.
- Is the bus handicapped accessible?
- If you have limited mobility and a collapsible wheelchair, we should be able to accommodate you and assist you into the bus. However, if you have a non-collapsible wheelchair or no mobility, unfortunately our bus is not equipped to be able to accommodate you. Please let us know whether or not you will need assistance upon purchasing your tickets.
- Do I get any celebrity memorabilia with the tour?
- Each guest is given a complimentary copy of George Michael's arrest report, when we stop at the park he was arrested in. On the back is a list of fun things to do around Hollywood.
- Are tours conducted in English only?
- Yes, our tours are only conducted in English.
- Where does the tour finish?
- We return to our starting point, near Sunset Boulevard and Cassil Place.
- Can I book the whole bus for my group?
- If you'd like to book the entire bus for your group, all you need to do is purchase all 12 seats on the bus and the price will automatically be discounted. Then the bus will be booked for only your group! The bus at full capacity can hold up to 13 guests.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes! Gift certificates for Dearly Departed tours make a great and unique surprise. Each one is personalized to the lucky stiff, complete with the gift-giver's name, and authenticated. To purchase a gift certificate, click “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page.
- Can I book a tour for more than 13 people?
- A group larger than 13 may be possible. If you're interested in a private tour for such a large group, please click “Contact DDTours” to the left of the page to inquire further.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Tour not suitable for small children
- Out of consideration to other guests, infants are not allowed on the tour. Tour not suitable for children under the age of 8.
Dearly Departed Tours
The well researched Dearly Departed Tours began in 2005 and has since spirited over 13,000 people around the Deathstyles of the Rich and Famous. Started by Scott Michaels, creator of the infamous website Findadeath.com, Dearly Departed Tours has garnered media attention from around the world.
Dearly Departed Tours has been featured on The Girls Next Door, E! 20 Most Horrifying Hollywood Murders!, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Magazine, NBC Nightly News, Getaway!, Access Hollywood and Anderson Cooper 360.