Big Cat Rescue is the world’s largest accredited sanctuary dedicated entirely to abused and abandoned exotic cats. Celebrity supporters of the work being done by BCR include Bo Derek, Harrison Ford and Leonardo DiCaprio, and more.
Confiscated from a drug raid, got too old for the circus, neglected by an owner: these are just a few of the stories of this facility’s cats. But now they can enjoy a dignified life of leisure, play and socializing at this accredited big cat sanctuary, which is one of the largest in the world!
Let your tour guide relate their tales of hardship and triumph and take you to see some of the following:
- Meet a pair of frolicking leopards that leap from platform to platform in their fenced-in enclosure.
- See a chirping serval rescued from a basement and enjoying the sunlight it was denied during its ordeal.
- Witness the biggest and most impressive creatures in the refuge; the lions and tigers. Though they cannot be returned to the wild, discover how the sanctuary gives them the most natural existence possible!
We are closed on Thursdays. We offer guided tours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday at 3 PM for adults and children 10 and over. On Saturday & Sunday we offer tours at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for adults and children 10 and over.These are walking tours and take about an hour and a half. If you have children under the age of 10, they can ONLY visit by attending the 9 AM Kids Tour on Saturdays or Sundays.
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Amazing and fun
|ccostas||Sat, Oct 25 1:00 PM||Female||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Other|
Well organized, love the use of technology to tell the rescues story, exciting to see the cats in a "natural" setting
|Elebit||Wed, Oct 22 3:00 PM||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified||Unspecified|
I'm so glad that my friend and I visited Big Cat Rescue. We saw many beautiful animals, and were educated by the stories of how each of them found their way to the park. I highly recommend this tour. You will go home with some great photos, as well as a new respect for the cats, and those who now care for them.
|JudyWeiser||Sun, Oct 19 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Group of Friends|
Great outing for anyone that supports animal rescu
|tfield41||Sun, Oct 19 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Local||Other|
I like the way that the tours are set up with the guides and audio support. The length of the tour was appropriate. Appreciated being able to sign a petition and call my congressmen while I was there.
Very educational and inspiritional
|annbahri||Sun, Oct 19 1:00 PM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Really enjoyed getting up close to see so many different kinds of big cats and learning about them. Glad Big Cat Rescue is there to help them.
Thanks for all you do!!
|BeateKrebs||Sun, Oct 19 10:00 AM||Female||40-49||Local||Family With Children|
What a great experience this visit was! We were lucky to see all these wonderful cats! Besides the treat to be able to watch these magnificent animals we got educated and with that are more aware! Thank you so much!! We come visit again!!!
|acmotanya||Sat, Oct 18 10:00 AM||Male||20-29||Local||Couple on a Date|
Wonderful sanctuary for Big Cats
|onspithia||Wed, Oct 15 3:00 PM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
This was our second visit to Big Cat rescue. We were happy to be back. The cats are magnificent and the interns (staff that took us on our tour) were nice. On our first visit the intern did all the talking which was great and more interactive; this visit we were given headsets to listen to the back story of each cat, so it was a lot less interactive. The interns did still talk with us but we prefer it the old way. Still we enjoyed it and would go back.
A Great Experience
|jnhoke||Wed, Oct 15 3:00 PM||Male||70+||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
These folks are providing a tremendous service to all the abused, abandoned and injured big cats in the USA.
a must -do experience for all ages
|BradBayer||Tue, Oct 14 3:00 PM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
We attended BIG CAT RESCUE with 8 people from Canada. The ENTIRE experience was fantastic and we went away with excellent education about Big CATS and an understanding why they should never be kept as pets and deserve our respect. The staff are warm and friendly and the tour is open and relaxing. This is NOT a zoo! You do not get to pet or play with the cats!! It is a wonderful experience that will change your perspective of these great animals and of yourself. Thanks for the experience of a lifetime. You will go away wishing you could have stayed longer...
- Do I have to purchase tickets in advance?
- Advance purchase is required, and tours do sell out quickly. To maximize your chances of getting the day that you prefer, please book well in advance! Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
- Is there an age limit?
- Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the topics covered on this tour and so that adults can enjoy the tour. Kids 10 years of age or older are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. We do not make exceptions, no matter how well behaved you think your child is; only ages 10 and over on this tour. All attendees must purchase a full-price ticket.
- Can I bring food or toys for the cats?
- No, our diet is specific to their needs and we do not allow foods to be given to the cats that have not been approved by our vet and maintained under the most stringent quality controls. We do not give our cats toys that could cause harm if ingested so we do not permit toys from outside our own preselected vendors.
- Can I take pictures during my tour?
- YES! You are welcome to take photos and / or videos during your tour.
- Do I have to stay with the group, or can I wander?
- The only way to see the cats is on a guided tour, so you will not be able to wander away from the group.
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, but we strongly suggest that you go before you get here because we have limited facilities and are on septic systems which cannot handle a lot of volume if there has been recent rain. There is a McDonald's right at the corner of Easy Street.
- What if it rains?
- The DayTour will still go out in a light rain as long as there is no lightning. If it is thundering or pouring rain, we may try to wait it out, or will offer a refund, or rescheduling.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Is there a charge for parking?
- Parking is always free and there is plenty of it except for our busiest times in Nov, Dec and March. During these busy times it is tight, but we will help you park at no additional fee.
- Are you ADA compliant?
- If you are unable to walk for two hours, we have golf carts available for $10 extra, per person riding. Our paths are dirt, so wheel chairs are hard to push, but scooters do well. There are no seats along the tour paths.
- How do the golf carts work? Are they offered on every tour?
- On some tours (but not all), we offer seats on a golf cart for guests who have difficulty with mobility. Each cart can hold 3 guests plus the driver. The cart will follow the tour guide closely so that guests can hear the narration. Depending on different circumstances, these seats can sometimes be booked in advance, but otherwise they are first come-first serve.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! Gift certificates are available and they make perfect gifts for holidays, birthdays or any other occasion! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Yes! Please see the list of all activities to get more information about our private tours.
- What does the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement state?
- The Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement states that all buyers understand and agree to 1.) the potential dangers associated with attending Big Cat Rescue and the rules in place to prevent such dangers from occurring and 2.) the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which states that Big Cat Rescue cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury or damage taking place at Big Cat Rescue. Please visit https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond to view the agreement in its entirety.
- Non-refundable, can be rescheduled with 24 hours notice.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded. You may reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) only if you do so at least 24 hours in advance.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- All participants must be 10 years of age or older.
- No children under 10 years old are permitted on this tour. Children 10-17 years old are welcome to attend as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under 10 years old are not permitted due to the nature of this tour.
- There is no smoking allowed at Big Cat Rescue.
- We do not allow smoking at Big Cat Rescue, except in the parking lot.
- All participants must agree to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- By purchasing tickets you are agreeing to the Big Cat Rescue Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, which appears in its entirety at https://www.votervoice.net/BCR/campaigns/30112/respond. The waiver web address also appears on your e-ticket if you would like to review the waiver later.
Big Cat Rescue
Big Cat Rescue has 14 species of cats, many of whom are threatened, endangered or extinct now in the wild, including: Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Cougars, Bobcats, Lynx, Servals, Ocelots, Caracals, Jungle Cats, Leopard Cats, a Geoffroy Cat and exotic cat hybrids!
The non-profit organization is:
- Accredited by the Global Federation of Sanctuaries
- Certified by Independent Charities of America as a “Best in America Charity”
- Member of the World Society for Protection of Animals
- Rated 4 Stars by Charity Navigator (their highest rating) and has the one of the highest scores of any animal based charity