If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you will need to send us a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to confirm these requirements):
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Zerve has designated a Copyright Agent in accordance with the DMCA to accept notice of claims of copyright infringement, or counter-notices. Zerve’s Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
c/o Zerve, Inc.
333 Hudson Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon Zerve actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send to a counter-notice to Zerve’s Copyright Agent.
Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.