On this tour, your entertaining guide will share all sorts of legendary tales including ones about:
- Ghostly sunken ships
- Haunted lighthouses
- And many others about the mysterious happenings on the darker side of this spirited peninsula.
Our Ghost Tour was showcased in the USA Today and Chicago Tribune Sunday "Travel" section.
Our trolleys can take up to 28 people, feature in-trolley speaker systems, are heated, and have comfortable, cushioned seats.
- Do I need to purchase my tickets in advance?
- Yes, we highly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance as tours often sell out. To ensure you get the day and time you want, we suggest purchasing well in advance. Tickets can be purchased using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine and are always enjoyable no matter what the weather is like. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather, though, as we will spend a portion of the tour off the trolley, as we tour the various "spirited" locations.
- If an event is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
- We do not provide a waiting list. If a date is sold out, there is always a chance that we may add an additional event. Please contact us by clicking on the “Contact DoorTrolley” link to the left of the page to let us know what date you are interested in.
- Is this tour recommended for children?
- This tour is recommended for children 5 years old and up. Kids under 5 years old are not allowed on the tour for the enjoyment of the other guests. We do ask you to notify us when purchasing tickets the age of any children you will be bringing on the Ghost Tour.
- Is there parking available at the pickup location?
- Yes, there is free parking available at the pickup location.
- Does the tour start and end in the same place?
- Yes, the tour starts and finishes in the same location.
- Are food and drinks allowed on the trolley?
- Yes, guests can bring a snack or non-alcoholic beverage to enjoy during the tour. (Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.) We ask that people do their best to be neat and remove any trash after the tour is over. Please note there is limited storage space on the trolley so coolers are not permitted on board.
- Does the trolley have heat and air conditioning?
- The trolley is heated and enclosed for year round use, however, there is no air conditioning. Please keep in mind that since we are near the water and the windows do open, hot days are rarely a problem. On summer days with the windows open, you can experience the feel of the old-time trolleys.
- How much time do we spend on the trolley?
- Less than half the tour is actually spent on the trolley. Trolley riders get off the trolley 4 times during the tour and spend 10-20 minutes at each stop. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Is there a bathroom on the trolley?
- No, unfortunately there is no bathroom aboard the trolley. But there are bathroom facilities available at 2 stops on the Ghost Tour.
- Is the trolley handicap accessible?
- Unfortunately, our old-time trolley is not wheelchair accessible as there are approximately 3 steps up into the vehicle. However, we will be glad to help anyone who may need assistance. Keep in mind that due to limited storage space on the trolley there isn't room to store wheelchairs and walkers on board. If someone in your group has limited mobility and you have specific questions or concerns, please click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information before purchasing tickets.
- How much walking will we do on the tour?
- Guests will be getting off the trolley 4 times during the tour. Minimal to moderate walking will be required for short distances on the tour. Weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Can I store anything on the trolley?
- There is limited storage space available on the trolley, so there isn't room to store large objects like wheelchairs and walkers. Please contact us before purchasing tickets by clicking on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link if you have any questions.
- Are cameras or video cameras allowed on the tour?
- We encourage the use of cameras and video cameras on this tour. There are many great opportunities to take photographs of both Door County's scenic and "spirited" places that we visit.
- Can we purchase souvenirs during the tour?
- No, there aren't any shopping opportunities on this tour.
- Are gift certificates available for the tour?
- Yes, we do offer gift certificates. For more information, click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link on the left side of the page.
- Do you offer private tours?
- Privately chartered tours and "Step on Guide" services are available for the Ghost Tour and other Door County Trolley Tours. Click on the "Contact DoorTrolley" link for more information. In addition to private tours, our trolleys are also available for private events, such as weddings, reunions, parties and corporate events.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 5 are not allowed on this tour for the enjoyment of all participants. If you are bringing any children who are 5 and older, we do ask that you let us know the ages of the participating children by entering a Message to the Seller.
Door County Trolley
Door County Trolley is now in its 11th year in business, has a fleet of 9 trolleys, and offers 10 entertaining "themed trolley tours" throughout the year in Door County, Wisconsin. All Door County Trolley tour guides are thoroughly trained by A.J. and will entertain you from the beginning to the end of your tour.
In addition to the themed trolley tours, trolleys are available for private group tours and wedding charters throughout Wisconsin. Most recently "Step on Guide" services are also available to charter bus groups in the area.
Our trolley tours have been showcased in USA Today, Midwest Living Magazine and the Chicago Tribune, just to name a few...