Our route allows you to see landmarks such as the Silver Cup Studios, a spectacular view of the Manhattan Skyline while crossing the bridge, 5 Pointz, Murals by Today' s gic Johnson Studios, Jamaica Ave. shopping center, neighborhoods of today’s popular artists, numerous video, movie and TV show locations. Stops include but are not lilmited:
- 5 Pointz
- Vernon Blvd.
- Silver Cup Studios
- Jazz Greats
- Hollis Queens
- South Side Jamaica
This hip hop musical journey includes:
- Transportation on a luxury motor coach
- Live entertainment
- Multi-Media Presentation
- Exclusive Hip Hop sites including tribute murals
- Photo Ops
What Is Not Included?
- Why should I take the Hush Tour?
- Hush Tours is the only comprehensive hip-hop tour of its kind that focuses on how hip-hop began 30 years ago, using ‘live’ celebrity talent as tour guides. Hush Tours gives a totally comprehensive overview of the most important elements of hip-hop that were born in New York City; The DJ, The MC, The B-Boy, and Graffiti Artists. This electric ‘ROAD SHOW’ is one that true hip-hop fans will appreciate and the new generation should study.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No. Hush Tours' activities are available on a first come, first serve basis. Tours usually do sell out; therefore we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan the itinerary of your trip accordingly.
- How are the tickets priced?
- The tickets were priced to provide better value than a Broadway Show. The tour includes transportation, celebrity socializing, live performances, travel through Brooklyn and Queens. The format is also longer than a traditional show.
- What if I want to send my child without me?
- Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult they must stay with the group at all times as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- What ethnic, gender and/or age audience is Hush Tours for?
- Hush Tours is truly family friendly and great for any age group and cultural background with an appreciation of old school AND new school hip-hop music. Hush Tours has done Reward & Recognition trips to grade school students and their parents, custom tours for local youth organizations and international visitors (Japan, Germany, and Canada have been in the highest attendance.)
- Do I really get to meet celebrities on Hush Tours?
- Yes. The Grand Masters of hip-hop narrate each tour. Grand Master Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Kool Herc, The Father Of Hip-hop, DJ Red Alert, Power 105 are just some of the celebrities that hop on and off the bus. There are always surprise guests on each tour. Each tour is led by a different group of hip hop pioneers, which may include those listed above or others.
- Can I take the trip if the weather is going to be bad?
- Yes, absolutely. The Hush Tours experience happens right on the bus. In bad weather we will of course have to modify the stops where we exit the bus. During better weather, we will often get off the bus more often and for longer periods of time.
- Are there any other tours like Hush Tours in the New York City area?
- No. Hush Tours is truly a one-of-a-kind experience with a perspective and focus as only capable of being told by the Grand Masters themselves. While there ARE other tours that go to Harlem and do the jazz clubs NO OTHER TOUR provides the perspective, and insight on the total hip-hop world born and bred in New York City that Hush Tours does.
- Is there ever a circumstance where things are omitted from the tour?
- Although it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to modify the tour and skip certain locations. Sometimes traffic conditions, construction, or other occurences impact the tour route. Hush Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for access to sites, activities, events, and other circumstances beyond or control.
- Is the tour available in any language besides English?
- Yes. Japanese translation is available. There are no other translations at time. However, this tour is musical and visual and can be appreciated by individuals who do not speak the language as Hip Hop appeals to people of all backgrounds.
- Is the bus wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately the bus is not wheelchair accessible. If you have limited mobility, however, and can navigate the steps that lead up into the bus, we can store your collapsible wheelchair beneath the bus.
- Is Videotaping allowed on the bus?
- While photography is allowed, filming or audio-taping is prohibited while on the bus. Feel free, however, to bring a video camera if you would like to film locations when we are outside the bus.
- Is there a Student Ticket Requirement?
- Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult, they must stay with the group at all times as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- Can I book a private/customized tour?
- Yes. We offer private/customized tours for groups of 22 or more. If you are interested in booking a private tour contact Hush Tours by clicking on the "Contact hiphoplook" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Lunch Stop
- It is recommended that you bring cash as many restaurants do not accept credit cards.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests an opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour allows visitors to meet, greet and be guided by hip hop legends like Kurtis Blow, Grandmaster Caz, Dana Dane, Raheim, Mikey D, Reggie Reg and an assortment of others. Customers are taught the true essence of hip hop culture in an educational and entertaining format combing all three factors in an innovative tour..
Hush Tours is an active member of NYC & Company, The Bronx Tourism Council and the East Harlem Tourism Board.