Participants will learn about all of what’s happening currently in hip hop - - will be told this information through the eyes and thoughts of one of hip hop’s most important music historians and the host of television’s Video Music Box (Ch.25), Ralph McDaniels. A luxury motor coach will take groups through Brooklyn to give them a behind-the-scene understanding of this generation’s most important recording artists – where they lived, worked, and talked about in the lyrics of their songs – including the Notorious Biggie Smalls, Jay Z, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Mos Def, Big Daddy Kane, Dana Dane and more.
What Is Not Included?
- Why should I take a Hush tour?
- Hush Tours offers the only comprehensive hip-hop tours of their kind, focusing on how hip-hop began 30 years ago, using ‘live’ celebrity talent as tour guides. Hush Tours gives a totally comprehensive overview of the most important elements of hip-hop that were born in New York City: The DJ, The MC, The B-Boy, and Graffiti Artists. This electric ‘ROAD SHOW’ is one that true hip-hop fans will appreciate and the new generation should study.
- How is this tour different from your other tours?
- While our other tours focus on Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens, this is our only tour to take you into the heart of Brooklyn and educate you on it's rich hip hop history and culture and includes admission to a live hip hop dance performance
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No. Hush Tours' activities are available on a first come, first serve basis. Tours usually do sell out; therefore we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan the itinerary of your trip accordingly.
- How are the tickets priced?
- The tickets are priced to provide a $35 savings. The package includes a guided cultural tour and a live 90 minutes hip hop dance show.
- Are food or drinks provided on the tour?
- No, neither food nor drinks are included in the price of tour, but we will make a stop Junior's, where you'll get a chance to purchase a slice of the best cheesecake you've ever tasted.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a young child?
- All children 17 and under who will take their own seat on the bus must purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Any children ages 5 and under who will not need their own seat may come free of charge. Guests of all ages are welcome on the tour, though anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- What if I want to send my child without me?
- Children ages 16 and up may attend the tour without supervision. Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult they must stay with the group at all times as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- What ethnic, gender and/or age audience is Hush Tours for?
- Hush Tours is truly family friendly and great for any age group and cultural background with an appreciation for old school AND new school hip-hop music. Hush Tours has done Reward & Recognition trips for grade school students and their parents, custom tours for local youth organizations and international visitors. (Japan, Germany, and Canada have been in the highest attendance.)
- Do I really get to meet celebrities on Hush Tours?
- Yes. The Grand Masters of hip-hop narrate each tour. Grand Master Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Kool Herc, The Father Of Hip-hop, DJ Red Alert, 98.7 Kiss FM, and Ralph McDaniels are just some of the celebrities that hop on and off the bus. There are always surprise guests on each tour. Each tour is led by a different group of hip hop pioneers, which may include those listed above or others.
- Can I take the trip if the weather is going to be bad?
- Yes, absolutely. The Hush Tours experience happens right on the bus. In bad weather we will of course have to modify the stops where we exit the bus. During better weather, we will often get off the bus more often and for longer periods of time.
- Are there any other tours like Hush Tours in the New York City area?
- No. Hush Tours is truly a one-of-a-kind experience with a perspective and focus as only capable of being told by the Grand Masters themselves.
- Are we on the bus the whole time?
- No! We will get off the bus to explore different locations a total of 4 times during the tour, at which point you'll have some great photo opportunities.
- Is there ever a circumstance where things are omitted from the tour?
- Although it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to modify the tour and skip certain locations. Sometimes traffic conditions, construction, or other occurrences impact the tour route. Hush Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for access to sites, activities, events, and other circumstances beyond our control.
- What kind of bus will we be on?
- The tour takes place on an enclosed coach bus that can take anywhere from 24 to 57 passengers, depending on the day.
- Is the bus wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately the bus is not wheelchair accessible. If you have limited mobility, however, and can navigate the steps that lead up into the bus, we can store your collapsible wheelchair beneath the bus.
- Is Videotaping allowed on the bus?
- While photography is allowed, filming or audio-taping is prohibited while on the bus. Feel free, however, to bring a video camera if you would like to film locations when we are outside the bus.
- Are there restrooms on the tour?
- Yes, though not all of our buses have bathrooms, there will be at least one bathroom stop on every tour.
- Can I bring my luggage on the tour or leave my belongings on the bus?
- Is the tour available in any language besides English?
- Yes, Japanese and French handouts are available with advance notice, so please be sure to let us know your needs when you purchase your tickets. For those who speak other languages, this tour is musical and visual and can be appreciated by people anyone who has an interest in hip hop.
- Can I book a private/customized tour?
- Yes. We offer private/customized tours for groups of 25 or more. If you are interested in booking a private tour contact Hush Tours by clicking on the "Contact hiphoplook" link.
- Are gift certificates available for this tour?
- Yes! If you'd like to purchase a gift certificate for Where Brooklyn At? or any of our other hip hop tours, please click on the "Contact hiphoplook" link to let us know what you need.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Lunch Stop
- It is recommended that you bring cash, many restaurants do not accept credit cards.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests a family friendly opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour allows visitors to meet, greet and be joined by hip hop legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim, Melle Mel, Ralph McDaniels, Busy B, Reggie Reg, Kool Herc, LA Sunshine, Mighty Mike C and an assortment of others. Customers are taught the true essence of hip hop culture in an educational and entertaining format while traveling outside of the beaten path.
Hush Tours is an active member of NYC & Co., The Bronx Tourism Council, the East Harlem Tourism Board and a City and State Certified Minority/Woman Owned Enterprise.