- Luxury Transportation – Travel over the Manhattan Bridge and into Hip Hop terrain in style, through the borough that gave rise to hip hop legends like Notorious B.I.G, Jay-Z, Lil Kim, Fabolous, Big Daddy Kane and more.
- Real Stories – You’ll experience stories straight from those that were there. Your celebrity guides will tell you about the real stories of Brooklyn, with anecdotes about the growth of hip hop and the names that came with it.
- Landmarks – You’ll travel through iconic hip hop landmarks, checking out battle sites, movie locations, Barclay’s Center, the Promenade at the Brooklyn Bridge, and even Biggie’s doorsteps. You’ll hear about true experiences at each location, and hear secrets that only hip hop legends know.
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
It was quite funny and have amused us.
|Karojeremia||Thu, Aug 7 11:30 AM||Unspecified||Unspecified||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
It was very cool and amusing. The guids and the driver were very nice and it actually made it quite well. It was a little disorganized and much improvised and somehow we expected more. But still I would join one of those other tours again.
|Lionel13003||Thu, Jul 24 11:30 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Overall, I liked the tour. I appreciated seeing where Biggie lived, Jay Z's old hood and the atmosphere in the tour bus was good. I tought that stopping at the Brooklyn Bridge and the Barclay Centre was kind of useless, they're tourist stops but we're more specifically hip hop tourist. I liked the music in the bus but there was no reason to listen to artist from other regions of NYC (I love BDP, but not appropriate to hear South Bronx). There's so many great rappers from Brooklyn (Masta Ace, Buckshot, Jeru, Special Ed, Whodini, Mos Def...). Concentrate more on Brooklyn rappers is my advice to the organizers.
Great Brooklyn tour
|rbjorkander||Thu, Jun 26 11:30 AM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
It was a great tour that really summed up all the history and trivia regarding the biggest names in hiphop! the guide Johhny Famous was awesome and had a lot of info and was really funny to! I highly recommend this to all Hiphop fans(and other aswell) when you are in NYC!
|Tess555||Thu, Aug 29, 13 11:30 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
This was my second trip with Hush Tours and there will be more!You have the chance to explore New York in places u would never go on your own...(well I do lol)...but with a professional guide such as Grandmaster Caz,he is a fenomenal guide,very enthusiastic and knows what he is talking about!!Would recommend this tour to anyone and I can´t wait until next time/Tess from Sweden
interactive and interesting - great
|timbo3007||Thu, Jun 7, 12 1:00 PM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Me and my brother went to NYC as tourists for about a week and booked the tour in advance as it sounded quite interesting. We did not expect it to be that great! If you do this tour you will not only enjoy NYC´s great places of hiphop history but also see parts of the city you normally would not get to see. The tour is interactive and very interesting - even if you have not been a fan of hiphop you just have to become one during the tour. Thanks 1000 times to Chief 69 and Big John for a great time! Timbo (Germany)
|Migalito||Thu, Apr 26, 12 1:00 PM||Unspecified||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
I recommend this tour to all. It brings you to places you would not do when visiting NYC! The tourguide was verry good and he tells good information about music, neighborhoods and other local information. I had a great time on this tour. Wouldn't wanna miss it i'm glad i did this.
|Dalong||Thu, Apr 5, 12 1:00 PM||Male||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Group of Friends|
Professional explanation and Authentic performances
|barry942||Thu, Apr 5, 12 1:00 PM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
Very good tour with uncle Ralf Mc Daniels very enjoyable and educational great to see the real brooklyn And learn some hip hop from the people that were there from the start . A vist to five points was a bonus
|konvict2006||Thu, Apr 5, 12 1:00 PM||Unspecified||20-29||Domestic Tourist(s)||Unspecified|
Just do it, you won't regret it!
Great alternative to traditional tours
|Bopeterson||Thu, Jan 5, 12 1:00 PM||Unspecified||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Great guide, great sights, highly recommened. We were driven around in Brooklyn and Queens and saw wonderful graffity as well as houses where people like jay z and notoriois big lived.
- Why should I take a Hush tour?
- Hush Tours offers the only comprehensive hip-hop tours of their kind, focusing on how hip-hop began 30 years ago, using ‘live’ celebrity talent as tour guides. Hush Tours gives a totally comprehensive overview of the most important elements of hip-hop that were born in New York City: The DJ, The MC, The B-Boy, and Graffiti Artists. This electric ‘ROAD SHOW’ is one that true hip-hop fans will appreciate and the new generation should study.
- How is this tour different from your other tours?
- While our other tours focus on Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens, this is our only tour to take you into the heart of Brooklyn and educate you on it's rich hip hop history and culture and includes admission to a live hip hop dance performance
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No. Hush Tours' activities are available on a first come, first serve basis. Tours usually do sell out; therefore we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan the itinerary of your trip accordingly.
- How are the tickets priced?
- The tickets are priced to provide a $35 savings. The package includes a guided cultural tour and a live 90 minutes hip hop dance show.
- Are food or drinks provided on the tour?
- No, neither food nor drinks are included in the price of tour, but we will make a stop Junior's, where you'll get a chance to purchase a slice of the best cheesecake you've ever tasted.
- What type of ticket should I buy if I'm bringing a young child?
- All children 17 and under who will take their own seat on the bus must purchase a reduced price Child ticket. Any children ages 5 and under who will not need their own seat may come free of charge. Guests of all ages are welcome on the tour, though anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- What if I want to send my child without me?
- Children ages 16 and up may attend the tour without supervision. Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult they must stay with the group at all times as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- What ethnic, gender and/or age audience is Hush Tours for?
- Hush Tours is truly family friendly and great for any age group and cultural background with an appreciation for old school AND new school hip-hop music. Hush Tours has done Reward & Recognition trips for grade school students and their parents, custom tours for local youth organizations and international visitors. (Japan, Germany, and Canada have been in the highest attendance.)
- Do I really get to meet celebrities on Hush Tours?
- Yes. The Grand Masters of hip-hop narrate each tour. Grand Master Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Kool Herc, The Father Of Hip-hop, DJ Red Alert, 98.7 Kiss FM, and Ralph McDaniels are just some of the celebrities that hop on and off the bus. There are always surprise guests on each tour. Each tour is led by a different group of hip hop pioneers, which may include those listed above or others.
- Can I take the trip if the weather is going to be bad?
- Yes, absolutely. The Hush Tours experience happens right on the bus. In bad weather we will of course have to modify the stops where we exit the bus. During better weather, we will often get off the bus more often and for longer periods of time.
- Are there any other tours like Hush Tours in the New York City area?
- No. Hush Tours is truly a one-of-a-kind experience with a perspective and focus as only capable of being told by the Grand Masters themselves.
- Are we on the bus the whole time?
- No! We will get off the bus to explore different locations a total of 4 times during the tour, at which point you'll have some great photo opportunities.
- Is there ever a circumstance where things are omitted from the tour?
- Although it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to modify the tour and skip certain locations. Sometimes traffic conditions, construction, or other occurrences impact the tour route. Hush Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for access to sites, activities, events, and other circumstances beyond our control.
- What kind of bus will we be on?
- The tour takes place on an enclosed coach bus that can take anywhere from 24 to 57 passengers, depending on the day.
- Is the bus wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately the bus is not wheelchair accessible. If you have limited mobility, however, and can navigate the steps that lead up into the bus, we can store your collapsible wheelchair beneath the bus.
- Is Videotaping allowed on the bus?
- While photography is allowed, filming or audio-taping is prohibited while on the bus. Feel free, however, to bring a video camera if you would like to film locations when we are outside the bus.
- Are there restrooms on the tour?
- Yes, though not all of our buses have bathrooms, there will be at least one bathroom stop on every tour.
- Can I bring my luggage on the tour or leave my belongings on the bus?
- Is the tour available in any language besides English?
- Yes, Japanese and French handouts are available with advance notice, so please be sure to let us know your needs when you purchase your tickets. For those who speak other languages, this tour is musical and visual and can be appreciated by people anyone who has an interest in hip hop.
- Can I book a private/customized tour?
- Yes. We offer private/customized tours for groups of 25 or more. If you are interested in booking a private tour contact Hush Tours by clicking on the "Contact hiphoplook" link.
- Are gift certificates available for this tour?
- Yes! If you'd like to purchase a gift certificate for Where Brooklyn At? or any of our other hip hop tours, please click on the "Contact hiphoplook" link to let us know what you need.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity takes place rain or shine.
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability).
- Lunch Stop
- It is recommended that you bring cash, many restaurants do not accept credit cards.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests a family friendly opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour allows visitors to meet, greet and be joined by hip hop legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim, Melle Mel, Ralph McDaniels, Busy B, Reggie Reg, Kool Herc, LA Sunshine, Mighty Mike C and an assortment of others. Customers are taught the true essence of hip hop culture in an educational and entertaining format while traveling outside of the beaten path.
Hush Tours is an active member of NYC & Co., The Bronx Tourism Council, the East Harlem Tourism Board and a City and State Certified Minority/Woman Owned Enterprise.