On this tour, discover some of the latest and greatest examples of street art, graffiti & mural art. The tour component is a detailed look at over 50 local and international artists on the streets of Brooklyn, Queens and The Bronx.
Some of the stops on this 4 hour bus tour include:
- Meeting of the Styles
- Over 25 Murals
- Paint Shops
- Train Yards (for viewing purposes only)
- Art Deco Store fronts
Learn the mythical language, history & origins of this underground global phenomena. Discuss Street art v Graffiti and the unwritten rules & codes of conduct.
What Is Not Included?
- Why should I take the Hush Tour?
- Hush Tours is the only comprehensive hip-hop tour of its kind that focuses on how hip-hop began 30 years ago, using ‘live’ celebrity talent as tour guides. Hush Tours gives a totally comprehensive overview of the most important elements of hip-hop that were born in New York City: The DJ, The MC, The B-Boy, and Graffiti Artists. This electric ‘ROAD SHOW’ is one that true hip-hop fans will appreciate and that the new generation should study.
- What age qualifies for a child ticket?
- The age requirement for a child ticket is 5 - 14.
- What if I want to send my child without me?
- Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult they must stay with the group at all times as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No. Hush Tours' activities are available on a first come, first serve basis. Tours usually do sell out; therefore we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan the itinerary of your trip accordingly.
- What ethnic, gender and/or age audience is Hush Tours for?
- Hush Tours is truly family friendly and great for people of any age group or cultural background who has an appreciation for old school AND new school hip-hop music. Hush Tours has done Reward & Recognition trips for grade school students and their parents and custom tours for local youth organizations and international visitors. (Japan, Germany, and Canada have been the highest in attendance.)
- Do I really get to meet celebrities on Hush Tours?
- Yes. The Grand Masters of hip-hop narrate each tour. Grand Master Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Kool Herc, The Father Of Hip-hop, DJ Red Alert, Power 105 are just some of the celebrities that hop on and off the bus. There are always surprise guests on each tour. Each tour is led by a different group of hip hop pioneers, which may include those listed above or others.
- Can I take the trip if the weather is going to be bad?
- Yes, absolutely. The Hush Tours experience happens right on the bus. In bad weather there are actually only two times you get off the bus, once at the Graffiti Hall Of Fame in Harlem and the other at lunch. During better weather, we will often get off the bus more often and for longer periods of time.
- Are there any other tours like Hush Tours in the New York City area?
- No. Hush Tours is truly a one-of-a-kind experience with a perspective and focus as only capable of being told by the Grand Masters themselves. While there ARE other tours that go to Harlem and do the jazz clubs NO OTHER TOUR provides the perspective, and insight on the total hip-hop world born and bred in New York City that Hush Tours does.
- Is there ever a circumstance where things are omitted from the tour?
- Although it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to modify the tour and skip certain locations. Sometimes traffic conditions, construction, or other occurences impact the tour route. Hush Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for access to sites, activities, events, and other circumstances beyond or control.
- Is the tour available in any language besides English?
- Yes. Japanese translation is available. There are no other translations at this time. However, this tour is musical and visual and can be appreciated by individuals who do not speak the language as Hip Hop appeals to people of all backgrounds.
- Is the bus wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately the bus is not wheelchair accessible. If you have limited mobility, however, and can navigate the steps that lead up into the bus, we can store your collapsible wheelchair beneath the bus.
- What are the requirements for getting a discounted ticket?
- All children 14 and under qualify for the child ticket. Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult that they must stay with the group at all times, as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- Is Videotaping allowed on the bus?
- While photography is allowed, filming or audio-taping is prohibited while on the bus. Feel free, however, to bring a video camera if you would like to film locations when we are outside the bus.
- Can I book a private/customized tour?
- Yes. We offer private/customized tours for groups of 25 or more. If you are interested in booking a private tour contact Hush Tours by clicking on the "Contact hiphoplook" link.
Based in New York City for over a decade, HusH Tours has provided guests with a distinct insight to the world of Hip-Hop and Graffitti, both of which have had a major impact on New York. HusH Tours is the leader in this form of niche-exploration because our tours are guided by practitioners of each element. Since June 2002, we have been inviting our guests to join us in celebration of New York City as the birthplace of Hip Hop culture! We have been featured on MTV, VH1, BET and The Fuse Network along with numerous other national and international press outlets.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests an opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour provides educational and entertaining experiences