This tour is made for hip hop enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds, from all locations around the world. Join your celebrity guides as they entertain and educate you about the relevance of each location by providing you with exclusive anecdotes about the historic clubs, battle sites, video locations and parks where hip hop took its first baby steps.
On this 4-hour guided, narrated hip hop adventure, you’ll see sites throughout midtown Manhattan, Harlem, and the Bronx that inspired and nurtured hip hop culture.
Your tour includes:
- Safe transportation on a luxury motor coach
- Live entertainment
- Hip Hop pioneer tour guides
- Hip Hop sites including video locations, sites of historical battles and more
Stops include but are not limited to:
- Graffiti Wall of Fame
- Apollo Theater
- Graham Court
- Rucker Park
- Bronx Walk of Fame
- An old School Hip Hop Style group photo available for download from our website!
- A bus load of EXTRAS you must see to believe!
What Is Not Included?
- Why should I take the Hush Tour?
- Hush Tours is the only comprehensive hip-hop tour of its kind that focuses on how hip-hop began 30 years ago, using ‘live’ celebrity talent as tour guides. Hush Tours gives a totally comprehensive overview of the most important elements of hip-hop that were born in New York City: The DJ, The MC, The B-Boy, and Graffiti Artists. This electric ‘ROAD SHOW’ is one that true hip-hop fans will appreciate and that the new generation should study.
- What age qualifies for a child ticket?
- The age requirement for a child ticket is 5 - 18.
- What if I want to send my child without me?
- Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult they must stay with the group at all times as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- If the tour is sold out, is there a waiting list?
- No. Hush Tours' activities are available on a first come, first serve basis. Tours usually do sell out; therefore we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan the itinerary of your trip accordingly.
- What ethnic, gender and/or age audience is Hush Tours for?
- Hush Tours is truly family friendly and great for people of any age group or cultural background who has an appreciation for old school AND new school hip-hop music. Hush Tours has done Reward & Recognition trips for grade school students and their parents and custom tours for local youth organizations and international visitors. (Japan, Germany, and Canada have been the highest in attendance.)
- Do I really get to meet celebrities on Hush Tours?
- Yes. The Grand Masters of hip-hop narrate each tour. Grand Master Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Kool Herc, The Father Of Hip-hop, DJ Red Alert, Power 105 are just some of the celebrities that hop on and off the bus. There are always surprise guests on each tour. Each tour is led by a different group of hip hop pioneers, which may include those listed above or others.
- Can I take the trip if the weather is going to be bad?
- Yes, absolutely. The Hush Tours experience happens right on the bus. In bad weather there are actually only two times you get off the bus, once at the Graffiti Hall Of Fame in Harlem and the other at lunch. During better weather, we will often get off the bus more often and for longer periods of time.
- Are there any other tours like Hush Tours in the New York City area?
- No. Hush Tours is truly a one-of-a-kind experience with a perspective and focus as only capable of being told by the Grand Masters themselves. While there ARE other tours that go to Harlem and do the jazz clubs NO OTHER TOUR provides the perspective, and insight on the total hip-hop world born and bred in New York City that Hush Tours does.
- Is there ever a circumstance where things are omitted from the tour?
- Although it is extremely rare, we do sometimes need to modify the tour and skip certain locations. Sometimes traffic conditions, construction, or other occurences impact the tour route. Hush Tours assumes no liability or responsibility for access to sites, activities, events, and other circumstances beyond or control.
- Is the tour available in any language besides English?
- Yes. Japanese translation is available. There are no other translations at this time. However, this tour is musical and visual and can be appreciated by individuals who do not speak the language as Hip Hop appeals to people of all backgrounds.
- Is the bus wheelchair accessible?
- No, unfortunately the bus is not wheelchair accessible. If you have limited mobility, however, and can navigate the steps that lead up into the bus, we can store your collapsible wheelchair beneath the bus.
- What are the requirements for getting a discounted ticket?
- All children 14 and under qualify for the child ticket. Please keep in mind when tickets are purchased for teenagers who will not be escorted by an adult that they must stay with the group at all times, as we do get on and off the bus at various locations.
- Is Videotaping allowed on the bus?
- While photography is allowed, filming or audio-taping is prohibited while on the bus. Feel free, however, to bring a video camera if you would like to film locations when we are outside the bus.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I book a private/customized tour?
- Yes. We offer private/customized tours for groups of 25 or more. If you are interested in booking a private tour contact Hush Tours by clicking on the "Contact hiphoplook" link.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Lunch Stop
- It is recommended that you bring cash for lunch many restaurants do not accept credit cards.
- Winter Months
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212 714-3527 24 hours prior to tour date during the months of December - March to reconfirm and receive up to date tour information as the weather patterns fluctuate.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests a family friendly opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour allows visitors to meet, greet and be guided by hip hop legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim, Reggie Reg. Ralph McDaniels, Melle Mel, DJ Kool Herc and an assortment of others. Customers are taught the true essence of hip hop culture in an educational and entertaining format while traveling outside of the beaten path.
Hush Tours is an active member of NYC & Co., The Bronx Tourism Council, the East Harlem Tourism Board and a City and State Certified M/WBE.