Travel through classic hip hop terrain on an intimate ride led by one of our famous hosts, including Grandmaster Caz (from the Cold Crush Brothers), Kurtis Blow, Rahiem (from the Furious Five), Reggie Reg (from Crash Crew). Their stories will give you insight into the history and growth of hip hop as you check out some of its most important landmarks, like:
- Rucker Park
- Graffiti Wall of Fame
- Harlem World
- The Apollo Theater
- Yankee Stadium
- Famous Murals Dedicated to Legends like Big L, Kool Herc, and More
What Is Not Included?
|Sort by:||Date Attended||Gender||Age||Where From||Group Type|
Hip Hop fun in Bronx and Harlem
|Lydialei||Sat, Oct 11 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Combination||Family With Children|
Grandmaster Caz gave us a fantastic tour trough Harlem and Bronx. It was very interesting and fun! Loved when he sang on the bus!
|wardy2c||Wed, Oct 8 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Really enjoyed spending day with the legendary Grandmaster Caz and the Hush Crew. Took us on a walk through history through the culture, style and music of hiphop. You haven't really been to NYC if you haven't rolled through with hush
|yvettecastro||Sat, Oct 4 11:00 AM||Female||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
BEING AN ALL TIME HIP-HOP FAN THE EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO BRING MY 16 Y/O DAUGHTER ALONG TO SHOW HER THE BIRTH PLACE OF REAL HIP-HOP!!!!!
Best Tour In NYC
|Yaya7556||Sat, Oct 4 11:00 AM||Unspecified||20-29||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
I found this tour on Trip Advisor. I was so excited. It was interactive it went to more places than I thought and Grandmaster Caz was informative, creative and entertaining. I told all my NYC friends and now they wanna go. There was no down time and it was raining. It was worth walking in the Rain AND worth the money. When I come back I will try the other tours.
If you don't do it you'll be missing something
|hooddrums||Fri, Oct 3 11:00 AM||Male||60-69||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
Grandmaster Cas was a flash and so the crew. They sing along and show us how to dance the breakdance. We had much fun and learn a lot about the Hip Hop of today and yesterday. So if you are interestet in music (must not be Rock 'n Roll what is mainly my favourite or another genre) it's a must!! We had also great music on the bus. I'm 60 years now but it's fun to learn and hear from the young and their way of living and making music. So ride the Hush Tours before another one do.
|DJFade||Sat, Sep 27 11:00 AM||Male||30-39||Domestic Tourist(s)||Individual|
If you are a hip hop head, this is the tour for you. Grandmaster Caz gave a lot of insight and knowledge on the tour and saw some historical landmarks, I never would've saw the city like this by myself, but to have a guide to hit all the historical hip hop spots, I can't wait to go on the next tour
That was a most see and do tour. I loved it.
|motown12||Sat, Sep 27 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
That's hip hop at its finest
Great tour with a very entertaining host
|Arranh||Fri, Sep 26 11:00 AM||Male||40-49||International Tourist(s)||Couple on a Date|
Thoroughly recommend this tour. Grandmaster Caz was great fun and very informative and kept both those interested in hip hop and those less so very entertained throughout. For those wanting to know and see firsthand about the roots of hip hop, Caz and the tour was perfect. Came all the way from England for this and it was worth it!! Thanks Caz and Hush tours.
|Gaaabo||Sat, Sep 20 11:00 AM||Female||30-39||International Tourist(s)||Family Without Children|
The tour was very interesting, funny, cool and amusing. Even if you're not into hiphop it is highly recommended as you see corners of NYC which a 5-day-NYC-tourist usually does not visit.
Loved this tour!
|troupleighon||Sat, Sep 20 11:00 AM||Female||50-59||Domestic Tourist(s)||Family With Children|
The HUSH Bronx-Harlem birth of hip-hop tour was great and I highly recommend it for every music lover. I lived in NYC for 6 years and still learned a lot on this tour, so locals should also consider this one. Grandmaster Caz and his staff were all engaging, talented and professional. Our group included adults and teens. We had great fun and learned a lot from the people who made the history. Oh, and let's not forget the soul food lunch stop on the tour - terrific!
- Why Should I Take the Hush Tour?
- Hush Tours is the only experience of its kind. It is a comprehensive hip hop tour that focuses on the true origins of hip hop culture 40 years ago, with real celebrity talent as tour guides. Every Hush Tour is its own unique experience, providing a comprehensive overview of the most important elements of the New York hip hop scene. From DJs, MCs, B-Boys, and Graffiti artists, every tour is designed to provide you with a one of a kind opportunity to see a side of New York that not even residents have seen.
- But I Don’t Like Rap. Will I Like This Tour?
- Absolutely. Hip hop is a culture, not simply a style of music. Hip hop culture is filled with an incredible artistic history, as well as a community that has influenced generations not only in New York, but around the world. Our tours have humor, energy, and a stories all their own, and take you into areas of New York that you don’t have to like hip hop music to appreciate.
- Is Your Tour Age Appropriate?
- Yes. We frequently have guests over the age of 5 on the tour, and we are very popular with teenagers and young adults all the way to senior citizens.
- What Age Qualifies for a Child Ticket?
- Child tickets are available for anyone between the ages of 6 to 18.
- Can I Send My Child Alone?
- We do allow teenagers to be on the bus alone. Keep in mind that the tours often make stops, so your child will be expected to stay with the group at all times. Please make sure you provide them with some type of cell phone so that they can reach you, and let us know in advance that your child will be on board without adult supervision.
- If a Tour is Sold Out, Do You Have a Waiting List?
- Not yet. Our tours are available on a first come, first served basis. Tours usually do sell out, so we encourage you to purchase tickets well in advance and plan your trip accordingly.
- What Ethnic Group, Gender, and/or Age Audience is Hush Tours For?
- All of them! Hush Tours is the definition of family friendly. Hip hop culture isn’t about age, ethnicity, or gender. It’s about experiencing the birthplace of a movement that has touched future generations. We’re a great choice for those that appreciate both old school and new school hip hop, and if you read our reviews you’ll see that even those that have never had much flavor for hip hop culture have loved their Hush Tours experience.
- Do I Really Get to Meet Celebrities with Hush Tours?
- Yes! Your tour guides are all legends of hip hop, and were themselves a part of hip hop history. Some of your possible celebrity guides include Grandmaster Caz of The Cold Crush Brothers, Rahiem from Grand Master Flash & The Furious Five, Ralph McDaniels, Lady K Fever, Johnny Famous, DJ Red Alert, as well as several others, and there are always surprise guest on each tour.
- Do You Cancel in Bad Weather?
- You know nothing can stop hip hop. Except for snow and dangerous storms of course. We do everything we can to still hold our tours and cancellations are very rare. Expect the tour to continue unless the weather is severe, and call us if you’re concerned.
- Are There Any Other Tours Like Hush Tours in NYC?
- None. Hush Tours is a one of a kind experience. Not only is it the only tour of hip hop history, it’s also the only tour narrated by the legends that have been there. There are other tours that go through Harlem or hit up some of the Jazz clubs, but no other tour provides the same perspective and insight on the total hip hop experience that you receive through Hush Tours.
- Do You Ever Skip Sections of the Tour?
- While rare, we do occasionally need to modify a tour last minute or skip planned locations as a result of traffic conditions, construction, or issues that affect the tour route. We assume no responsibility for access to sites and activities or circumstances beyond our control. Keep in mind that on occasion we’ll also change up our tours on purpose to provide a brand new experience to the visitor.
- Is Your Tour Available in Any Language Besides English?
- Yes, provide points of interest written in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese. Unfortunately, our tour guides only speak English during the tour, however this tour is both musical and visual and can appreciated by those that do not speak the language. Hip Hop appeals to people of all backgrounds.
- Is Your Tour Bus Wheelchair Accessible?
- Unfortunately, no. At the moment, we do not have a bus that is wheelchair accessible. We are looking into it.
- What Are the Requirements for a Discounted Ticket?
- All children 18 and under qualify for a youth ticket, which is offered at a discount. Keep in mind when you purchase a tickets that those not escorted by an adult are expected to stay with the group at all times, and responsible for sticking with the group. We do recommend that children under the age of 14 or those that have a tendency to wander off come with an adult, but it is not required.
- Do You Allow Videotaping?
- We do allow photography off the bus, but filming and audiotaping are prohibited. Our guides like to be able to speak with you freely and tell you stories that they want coming from them in person.
- Do You Offer Gift Certificates?
- Yes! To purchase a gift certificate please click on the "Gift Certificates: Purchase" link in the box above.
- Can I Book a Private/Customized Tour?
- Absolutely! We offer private and customized tours for groups, billed at an hourly rate with a minimum of 4 hours. Learn more about our private tours by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- I Have a Coupon Code. How Do I Use It?
- Each coupon code has specific guidelines for use. Some may be for specific types of tickets/tours, and other may be for limited time frames. If you find you are having difficulty using a coupon code online, please call us at 212-714-3544 and we’ll look into the problem.
- Non-refundable, cannot be rescheduled.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event.
- Activity may be cancelled due to severe weather.
- The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.
- Lunch Stop
- It is recommended that you bring cash for lunch many restaurants do not accept credit cards.
- Winter Months
- Please email email@example.com or call 212 714-3527 24 hours prior to tour date during the months of December - March to reconfirm and receive up to date tour information as the weather patterns fluctuate.
Our vision is to preserve the roots of hip hop culture while offering our guests a family friendly opportunity to revisit present day history. This fact finding tour allows visitors to meet, greet and be guided by hip hop legends like Grandmaster Caz, Kurtis Blow, Raheim, Reggie Reg. Ralph McDaniels, Melle Mel, DJ Kool Herc and an assortment of others. Customers are taught the true essence of hip hop culture in an educational and entertaining format while traveling outside of the beaten path.
Hush Tours is an active member of NYC & Co., The Bronx Tourism Council, the East Harlem Tourism Board and a City and State Certified M/WBE.